Packer's Pre-Draft Visits Tracker

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Something I like to watch before the draft is the list of players that the Packers have some type of contact with before the draft, in recent years, some of these guys end up getting drafted or signed as UDFA's by the Packers. TT seemed to spend a lot of pre-draft time with eventual UDFA's.

The most up-dated list for 2019 I can find so far is as follows:

SR - Senior Bowl meeting.
EW - East-West Shrine meeting.
COM - Combine meeting.
INT - Interested.
VINT - Very Interested.
PRO - Pro Day or campus meeting/workout.
LOC - Local visit. Prospect making a local visit.
PRI - Private visit. Prospect making an official 30 visit.
WOR - Private Workout. Members of an organization working out a player in private.
STM - Some Type of Meeting.

• Andrew Beck, FB/TE, Texas (PRI)
  • Nick Brossette, RB, LSU (EW)
  • Blace Brown, CB, Troy (EW)
  • Lukas Denis, S, Boston College (EW)
  • Noah Fant, TE, Iowa (COM)
  • Tim Harris, CB, Virginia (PRO)
  • Penny Hart, WR, Georgia State (SR)
  • Daylon Mack, DT/NT, Texas A&M (EW)
  • Kaleb McGary, OT, Washington (PRO)
  • Ed Oliver, DT, Houston (COM)
  • Jachai Polite, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Florida (COM)
  • Randy Ramsey, OLB, Arkansas (PRI)
  • Jeff Smith, WR, Boston College (PRI)
  • Jace Sternberger^, TE, Texas A&M (COM, PRI)
  • Montez Sweat, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Mississippi State (PRI)
  • Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida (COM)
  • Cody Thompson, WR, Toledo (EW)
  • Olisaemeka Udoh, OT, Elon (EW)
  • Quinnen Williams, DT/3-4DE, Alabama (COM)
  • Greg Little OT, Ole Miss (PRI)
  • Kaleb McGary OT, Washington (PRI)
  • Trysten Hill DT, UCF
  • AJ Brown WR, Miss (PRO)
  • Alec Ingold FB, WI
  • Andrew Van Ginkel OLB, WI
  • Donnie Lewis Jr. CB, Tulane
  • Ryan Connelly ILB, WI
  • Kaden Ellis LB, Idaho

Here is a list of prospects the Packers were in contact with in 2018:
  • Allen, Dejon OT Hawaii
  • Boyle, Tim QB Eastern Kentucky
  • Burks, Oren LB Vanderbilt
  • Cichy, Jack LB Wisconsin
  • Cruikshank, Dane DB Arizona
  • de Beer, Gerhard OT Arizona
  • Donnerson, Kendall EDGE SE Missouri State
  • Dooley, Garret EDGE Wisconsin
  • Edmunds, Tremaine LB Virginia Tech
  • Falah, Nico C/G USC
  • Ford, Mike CB SE Missouri State
  • Hughes, Mike CB UCF
  • Jamerson, Natrell S Wisconsin
  • James, Derwin S Florida State
  • Miller, Kolton OT UCLA
  • Moore, J'Mon WR Missouri
  • Pettis, Dante WR Washington
  • Sheehy, Connor DL Wisconsin
  • Valdez-Scantling, Marquez WR USF
  • Vea, Vita DT Washington

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

Something I like to watch before the draft is the list of players that the Packers have some type of contact with before the draft, in recent years, some of these guys end up getting drafted or signed as UDFA's by the Packers. TT seemed to spend a lot of pre-draft time with eventual UDFA's.

The most up-dated list for 2019 I can find so far is as follows:

SR - Senior Bowl meeting.
EW - East-West Shrine meeting.
COM - Combine meeting.
INT - Interested.
VINT - Very Interested.
PRO - Pro Day or campus meeting/workout.
LOC - Local visit. Prospect making a local visit.
PRI - Private visit. Prospect making an official 30 visit.
WOR - Private Workout. Members of an organization working out a player in private.
STM - Some Type of Meeting.

• Andrew Beck, FB/TE, Texas (PRI)
  • Nick Brossette, RB, LSU (EW)
  • Blace Brown, CB, Troy (EW)
  • Lukas Denis, S, Boston College (EW)
  • Noah Fant, TE, Iowa (COM)
  • Tim Harris, CB, Virginia (PRO)
  • Penny Hart, WR, Georgia State (SR)
  • Daylon Mack, DT/NT, Texas A&M (EW)
  • Kaleb McGary, OT, Washington (PRO)
  • Ed Oliver, DT, Houston (COM)
  • Jachai Polite, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Florida (COM)
  • Randy Ramsey, OLB, Arkansas (PRI)
  • Jeff Smith, WR, Boston College (PRI)
  • Jace Sternberger^, TE, Texas A&M (COM, PRI)
  • Montez Sweat, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Mississippi State (PRI)
  • Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida (COM)
  • Cody Thompson, WR, Toledo (EW)
  • Olisaemeka Udoh, OT, Elon (EW)
  • Quinnen Williams, DT/3-4DE, Alabama (COM)

Here is a list of prospects the Packers were in contact with in 2018:
  • Allen, Dejon OT Hawaii
  • Boyle, Tim QB Eastern Kentucky
  • Burks, Oren LB Vanderbilt
  • Cichy, Jack LB Wisconsin
  • Cruikshank, Dane DB Arizona
  • de Beer, Gerhard OT Arizona
  • Donnerson, Kendall EDGE SE Missouri State
  • Dooley, Garret EDGE Wisconsin
  • Edmunds, Tremaine LB Virginia Tech
  • Falah, Nico C/G USC
  • Ford, Mike CB SE Missouri State
  • Hughes, Mike CB UCF
  • Jamerson, Natrell S Wisconsin
  • James, Derwin S Florida State
  • Miller, Kolton OT UCLA
  • Moore, J'Mon WR Missouri
  • Pettis, Dante WR Washington
  • Sheehy, Connor DL Wisconsin
  • Valdez-Scantling, Marquez WR USF
  • Vea, Vita DT Washington
That's copied from Walter Football, right? Here's the link for ongoing updates:

https://walterfootball.com/prospectMeetings/byteam

No local visits listed yet which should be of particular interest if and when they occur.

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ole Miss OT Greg Little traveled to Green Bay Sunday and will meet with the Packers Monday.

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Packers will host Washington OT Kaleb McGary for a pre-draft visit on Tuesday.

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Packers are one of 15 teams to host UCF DT Trysten Hill on a official pre-draft visit.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thanks for posting this here cause Walter football is Slow as heck and filled with ads. Can you also add in the Amce Packing pre draft visits? That would be awesome. Thanks!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
thanks for posting this here cause Walter football is Slow as heck and filled with ads. Can you also add in the Amce Packing pre draft visits? That would be awesome. Thanks!

I was trying to keep up with the visits, but at this time of year, they seem to be happening too quick for me :D

The Walter Link as well as the Acme link are the 2 I use. I am guessing there may be better, but they work for me. :)

https://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...-visits-tracker-montez-sweat-jace-sternberger

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kaden Ellis of Idaho visited, and he's a freak.

Elite change of direction skills.

6'3 240
4.6 40
1.59 10 yard split
34.5" vert

4.06 short shuttle
6.49 3 cone
11.1 60 yard shuttle

The 60 yard shuttle would have been the best of any player at the combine by two tenths.

Very versatile player that I think could be a poor man's version of Josh Allen in this draft.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Large contingent of NFL eligible players in Green Bay yesterday from Wisconsin, Northwestern and Northern Illinois. None of these count against the 30 limit.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

H

HardRightEdge

Large contingent of NFL eligible players in Green Bay yesterday from Wisconsin, Northwestern and Northern Illinois. None of these count against the 30 limit.
Evidently all of these schools are Packer "local" exemptions from from the 30 visit limit as you noted.

It's a collection of low round / UDFA possibilities with the emphasis on UDFA. It costs next to nothing and you do it because you can. There may be a dose of community outreach mixed in.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Evidently all of these schools are Packer "local" exemptions from from the 30 visit limit as you noted.

It's a collection of low round / UDFA possibilities with the emphasis on UDFA. It costs next to nothing and you do it because you can. There may be a dose of community outreach mixed in.

Yup and while Wisconsin has quite a few prospects that could go anywhere from round #2 on, would be nice to have Alabama, OSU, LSU, Clemson....etc. close enough for this kind of visit.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yup and while Wisconsin has quite a few prospects that could go anywhere from round #2 on, would be nice to have Alabama, OSU, LSU, Clemson....etc. close enough for this kind of visit.

True, although the Packers don't have it bad with two big five schools deemed as their local ones.

Here are the rules regarding those visits:

Each NFL team is designated three local Football Bowl Subdivision schools, including at least one in a Power Five conference whose players they can administer medical examinations to without counting against the 30 pre-Draft visits. There are also rules preventing teams from evaluating players physical (ie. testing, timing) if they provide transportation to the player, regardless of where they're from or went to school.

Players from colleges within a 50-mile radius of team headquarters also don't count against a given club's 30-player limit.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This year? Or in general?

I would say "in general", since the Schools I listed as well as quite a few others historically put more players into the NFL.

Interesting read below on what defines "local visits". It isn't mileage from Green Bay that is used but the Rand-McNally Road Atlas to determine the "metropolitan area of a city".

Would be nice to see a list of each NFL team and what schools are eligible for these "local visits".

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-the-rules-regarding-pre-draft-rookie-visits/

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What "concerns" me is that neither Deiter or Scharping are on this list.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What "concerns" me is that neither Deiter or Scharping are on this list.

I wouldn't get too worried, both Deiter and Scharping were both at the combine, so if the Packers wanted to take an up close look, they could have. Most of these guys are still attending classes and I think Deiter is a pretty serious student, so it wouldn't surprise me if he put academics over heading up to Green Bay for the day.

At the risk of being called a Badger Homer again, I like Deiter. His flexibility to play every OL position is a big plus, although I think he is best suited at Guard. Really smart kid too. I have no clue where he will end up being drafted, could be anywhere from 3rd to 6th round.

Last edited:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't get too worried, both Deiter and Scharping were both at the combine, so if the Packers wanted to take an up close look, they could have. Most of these guys are still attending classes and I think Deiter is a pretty serious student, so it wouldn't surprise me if he put academics over heading up to Green Bay for the day.

At the risk of being called a Badger Homer again, I like Deiter. His flexibility to play every OL position is a big plus, although I think he is best suited at Guard. Really smart kid too. I have no clue where he will end up being drafted, could be anywhere from 3rd to 6th round.

If he's choosing his academics over meeting with an NFL team, he's got an issue. Nobody would actually do that. It's preposterous.

And I've said I like Dieter! Is was with those other two that I disagreed on.

D

Deleted member 6794

If he's choosing his academics over meeting with an NFL team, he's got an issue. Nobody would actually do that. It's preposterous.

I vehemently disagree. If the Packers are interested in Deiter they should be able to figure out a way to meet with him working with his academic schedule.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I vehemently disagree. If the Packers are interested in Deiter they should be able to figure out a way to meet with him working with his academic schedule.

Again, I don't read too much into Deiter not being in the group of 21 other players visiting Green Bay on that visit. With that large of a group, I hardly think it is considered a make or break visit for a guy who is already predicted to be drafted mid rounds. Deiter participated in the combine and as Captain said, if the Packers are truly interested in him, they will figure out a way to meet with him on a more one on one basis.

In reading a few articles about other teams "local Pro Day", it really appears that these are not heavily attended by a lot of top prospects, seems more like the guys on the back end of the draft or potential UDFA's attend to try and make an impression.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Benzschawel, Edwards, and Edwards don't expect to be drafted? The rest I get but maybe they're hoping for teams to reach, who knows. I can't see any of them making it past the 4th Round.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
QB Drew Lock is visiting the Packers tomorrow.

Seriously doubt they would use the #12 pick on him, but perhaps the #30 if he somehow sticks around?

Interesting. Are the Packers actually interested in him or is this a smoke screen to make teams think they are interested in him, so the Packers are in a better position for a potential draft trade?

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts