Packers must start at step one

OP
OP
C

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cliff said:
C'mon Cory, like Ted Thompson replacing Mike Sherman as GM. Name another situation in the NFL where the new GM went 12-20 then turned it around?

8-8 with one win vs a winning team who had already cliched HFA and had absolutely nothing to play for.

How far back can Cory look? 10 years? 20? 30? 40?

This would be fun to dig up, if it was actually meaningful, which its not. Too many variables involved.

It can't be dug up because it never happened!

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
8-8 with one win vs a winning team who had already cliched HFA and had absolutely nothing to play for.

That's bullcrap, and you know it.

The Bears are our biggest rivals. One of Lovie Smith's major goals was to beat the Green Bay Packers. They had something to play for.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cliff said:

The Bears are our biggest rivals. One of Lovie Smith's major goals was to beat the Green Bay Packers. They had something to play for.

Oh cmon no they didn't. They only had most of their starters in for three quarters and were passing the ball with 40 seconds left in the first half. Not to mention a fake punt in the SECOND half already down 23-7. They really didn't try at all..... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
C

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Popcynical said:
Cliff said:

Oh cmon no they didn't. They only had most of their starters in for three quarters and were passing the ball with 40 seconds left in the first half. Not to mention a fake punt in the SECOND half already down 23-7. They really didn't try at all..... :thumbsup:

Whatever makes you happy Cory. LMAO...

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
Popcynical said:
Cliff said:

Are you seriously going to argue they just laid down?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
That article belongs under the "Well......DUH!" column.
It's kind of like saying........"If you want to win, you have to score more points then the other team!"
I think whoever wrote that needed to fill some space on a page, and couldn't come up with anything better.

Really, I'm sorry cheesey that the post is a little above your mentality.

Maybe a genius like you can answer a very simple question. Name another NFL team who'se new GM went 12-20 in his first 2 seasons and then made a comback to be successful?

I didn't think so...
What you are saying doesn't matter. Whether someone else ever did it before or not doesn't matter. Does that mean it CAN'T be done because no one did it before? (Maybe someone already did, i don't really care enough to put the time into it to check)
Before Dan Marino, no one ever threw for over 400 touchdowns. That means it CAN'T BE DONE! Right? By your own qualifiers, it was IMPOSSIBLE! (Marino did it)
Now.....NO ONE will ever catch Marino! Cause IT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE! (Uh....if Favre comes back for one year, that will probably change too).
TT has had TWO years now, and the players when he CAME here were NOT HIS PICKS! So how can you blame HIM??? He's only had a couple drafts to get players.
The Packers might as well just quit. Fold up their tents and never play again. After all, the GREAT and powerful CLIFF says it CAN'T BE DONE!!!

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
Popcynical said:
Cliff said:

What's that ..... it's just over your head, there. Oh yeah, the point. Way to defend your argument by not addressing it.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cliff said:
cheesey said:
It's kind of like saying........"If you want to win, you have to score more points then the other team!"
I think whoever wrote that needed to fill some space on a page, and couldn't come up with anything better.

Maybe a genius like you can answer a very simple question. Name another NFL team who'se new GM went 12-20 in his first 2 seasons and then made a comback to be successful?

I didn't think so...
What you are saying doesn't matter. Whether someone else ever did it before or not doesn't matter. Does that mean it CAN'T be done because no one did it before? (Maybe someone already did, i don't really care enough to put the time into it to check)
Before Dan Marino, no one ever threw for over 400 touchdowns. That means it CAN'T BE DONE! Right? By your own qualifiers, it was IMPOSSIBLE! (Marino did it)
Now.....NO ONE will ever catch Marino! Cause IT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE! (Uh....if Favre comes back for one year, that will probably change too).
TT has had TWO years now, and the players when he CAME here were NOT HIS PICKS! So how can you blame HIM??? He's only had a couple drafts to get players.
The Packers might as well just quit. Fold up their tents and never play again. After all, the GREAT and powerful CLIFF says it CAN'T BE DONE!!!

Hell a black head coach can't take a team to a SB either...that will NEVER happen...take it to the bank!!(I'm obviously being sarcastic for those that are sensitive to the issue).

OP
OP
C

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cliff said:
cheesey said:

I didn't think so...

cheesey, I've been around the game a long time, Ted Thompson is toast. His best shot would have been with Brett Favre at QB but it's too late. Procrastination loses.

When Favre retires you are all in for the shock of your lives. It will be back to the 70's and 80's.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Cliff said:
cheesey said:

I didn't think so...

Hell a black head coach can't take a team to a SB either...that will NEVER happen...take it to the bank!!(I'm obviously being sarcastic for those that are sensitive to the issue).
I agree! And TWO black coaches in the SAME Super Bowl????IT CAN'T HAPPEN!!! (I mean,......it never did before.....so it CAN'T!!! RIGHT!?!?)
Note: More Sarcasm!!!LOLOLOL!!! :rotflmao:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
cheesey, I've been around the game a long time, Ted Thompson is toast. His best shot would have been with Brett Favre at QB but it's too late. Procrastination loses.

When Favre retires you are all in for the shock of your lives. It will be back to the 70's and 80's.

Okay, I'll play this game with you. :)

What moves should Ted have made in year one? Draft, Staff, FA, etc.
Then do the same for year two.

This should be very easy since we know who the busts were already. Let's see what you come up with big shot.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Cliff said:
cheesey said:

I didn't think so...

Been around the game in what capacity?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Cliff said:
cheesey said:

I didn't think so...

I have been around a long time too Cliff. TT has only had 2 years. How can you blame the picks of the previous GM on him, and say he's "toast?"
And i also expect a return to the 70's and 80's. A player like Favre comes around once in a lifetime for a team. I don't expect anyone to be able to fill his shoes. If it DOES happen i will be VERY happy.
I have been, and will remain a loyal Packer fan. Even if they DO return to the "pre-Favre" days.

OP
OP
C

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cliff said:

This should be very easy since we know who the busts were already. Let's see what you come up with big shot.

lol

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cliff said:
cheesey said:
Cliff said:
cheesey said:

I didn't think so...

I have been around a long time too Cliff. TT has only had 2 years. How can you blame the picks of the previous GM on him, and say he's "toast?"
And i also expect a return to the 70's and 80's. A player like Favre comes around once in a lifetime for a team. I don't expect anyone to be able to fill his shoes. If it DOES happen i will be VERY happy.
I have been, and will remain a loyal Packer fan. Even if they DO return to the "pre-Favre" days.

That's kind of why I agree with the way TT seems to be attempting to take the team. Strong run game and strong D with a "hard nosed" coach. Will it work? I dunno the jury is still out, but if that is the approach then I agree with it simply because we can't expect another Brett Favre to fall in our lap.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Cliff said:

lol

Geez if you want to make a point to people then ruining any credibility you have with responses like that isn't a good way to go about it...

OP
OP
C

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cliff said:
cheesey said:
Cliff said:
cheesey said:

I didn't think so...

We will all have no choice.

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Cliff said:

lol

It's very obvious you don't know what you're talking about. Just the fact that you spew out your opinion as fact, and then when somebody challenges your "facts" you either change the subject or say something that has nothing to do with anything (ie "lol").

OP
OP
C

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cliff said:
Zero2Cool said:
Cliff said:

lol

It's very obvious you don't know what you're talking about. Just the fact that you spew out your opinion as fact, and then when somebody challenges your "facts" you either change the subject or say something that has nothing to do with anything (ie "lol").

You're just like a little puppy dog nipping at my heels. Apparently you are not following the threads.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Popcynical said:
Cliff said:
Zero2Cool said:
Cliff said:

lol

You're just like a little puppy dog nipping at my heels. Apparently you are not following the threads.

OMG so THAT's why TT is going to fail.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Cliff said:

lol
Predictable, you make this too easy!! :)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Put the dog food down, and tell us what GM would have done better and/or what moves should have been done that would have us a better record over the last two years.

Wait a tick, I know you're weak in the "supporting your statements" department so "LoL" is the best you can do.

OP
OP
C

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cliff said:
Zero2Cool said:
Cliff said:

lol

Put the dog food down, and tell us what GM would have done better and/or what moves should have been done that would have us a better record over the last two years.

Wait a tick, I know you're weak in the "supporting your statements" department so "LoL" is the best you can do.

Why are you avoiding my question? Name another NFL replacement GM who went 12-20 in his 1st two seasons as GM then turned it around to be successful? To make it easy, let's say in the Super Bowl era.

When you answer my question, I will answer yours.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Why are you avoiding my question? Name another NFL replacement GM who went 12-20 in his 1st two seasons as GM then turned it around to be successful? To make it easy, let's say in the Super Bowl era.

You asked Cory, not me.

I'm not in disagreement with you on that. I'd put money down that it hasn't happened. With that said, how many times had a 3 - 13 year came back the next year an played in the NFC/AFC championship game? Hasn't happened til this year, right?

I'm not even saying Ted is perfect. He made mistakes. Keeping Sherman, getting Manuel, letting Wahle go, etc... He's not perfect, no GM is. See I'm intelligent enough to understand that and accept it.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Cliff said:
Zero2Cool said:
Cliff said:

lol

I don't care if it has or hasn't happened. Who cares if it hasn't?? You imagine if a GM never hired a black coach because one had never taken a team to the SB?

OP
OP
C

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cliff said:

You asked Cory, not me.

I'm not in disagreement with you on that. I'd put money down that it hasn't happened. With that said, how many times had a 3 - 13 year came back the next year an played in the NFC/AFC championship game? Hasn't happened til this year, right?

I'm not even saying Ted is perfect. He made mistakes. Keeping Sherman, getting Manuel, letting Wahle go, etc... He's not perfect, no GM is. See I'm intelligent enough to understand that and accept it.

The New Orleans Saints were a better team than 3-13 last season. The circumstance surrounding the flooding in New orleans and the fact that they had no home field to play was obviously the reason for their poor record in 2005.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts