Packers lose scout

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't blame him at all for trying to grab our guys. I would do the same thing if I was him.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't blame him at all for trying to grab our guys. I would do the same thing if I was him.

to the contrary, F the raiders. What's the next Packer personnel McKenzie will be grabbing? Its almost laughable in a way if this is the continuing trend....building the Packers of the AFC. :rolleyes:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The loss of Herock is the toughest kind of loss for fans to assess IMO. Obviously Thompson valued him and he was hired, and trained by Wolf. But how difficult will it be to replace him? I have no idea. Thompson has said he’s going to reorganize the front office and that’ll give him a chance to promote those he most values - perhaps Eliot Wolf. Those promoted should be sticking around for the next several seasons. This is Thompson’s eighth season as GM, it’s remarkable he hasn’t made major changes in the front office until now and even now personnel losses are forcing it upon him.

As far as I know league rules allow McKenzie to hire Herock away without giving him a promotion but Herock was assistant director of college scouting. I’ll bet he’ll at least be McKenzie’s director of one of the departments (pro or college) and/or assistant GM. This quote from McKenzie was interesting: “It’s always a gentlemen’s agreement not to kill your old team in personnel, but you’re trying to upgrade what you have, you’re trying to implement your system,”. That gentlemen’s agreement must have not been in effect when Holmgren left. :rolleyes:

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
on second thought, the raiders are becoming the vikings of the AFC...all old packer personnel to the raiders while old packers players to the vikings.

Members online

Latest posts