1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Packers hire historian

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Feb 5, 2014.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,082
  2. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +250
    Good news and a great idea. Especially with the Packers closing in on their centenniel in 5 years.

I believe Lee Remmel had the same or similar role with the club before.

3. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +347
    Cliff is a very good choice in my opinion.
    The history of the Green Bay Packers is always interesting to me no matter how many times I have read about it.
    The Packers Heritage Trail is on my bucket list for a summer visit to Green Bay.

4. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    So, will there be one history book for those of us that were Packer fans 25 plus years now and another for those that reach all the way back 2 or 3 years when looking at NFL "history"?

5. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    I don't get it why this would be needed when we already know most of the key moments already and there is already tons of stuff you can find out either in books or right here on the web.
    What else can he tell us that we don't already know?
    The history of the jock strap and the Packers, when Chester Marcol stubbed his toe and made all his kicks except a game winning clincher that day and Vince was extra cranky because he didn't put his Irish whiskey in his morning coffee and when Bart Starr had an outstanding game with a hangnail and a bruised thumb?

6. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +416
    Maybe its the story lines of our first few championships. We can easily brag about having the most of 13, could of been 14 if ties would of counted instead of being voided. I'm in favor, it can bring back why Hutson is the greatest receiver.

7. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,456
    Because history is lost on those that don't know it.

'Why did my town hire a new librarian? All of the books are already on the shelf!'

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    Packers probably are more aware of their history than any other team in the NFL...and they repeat it. ;)

• Like Like x 1