1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers Family night

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Jun 8, 2010.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Anyone on the forum going? Its August 7th and tickets are $10.

A couple years ago at family night, when favre came back in town, was the worst I have ever seen Rodgers play, wasnt exactly a ringing endorsement at the time, but I am glad his worst game was a scrimmage

2. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +106
    What exactly goes on at family night? Preseason game or what?

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Its a intersquad scrimmage before the first preseason game. They do it for the community mostly as people who cant get tickets to the packers normally have a good shot at getting them for the scrimmage. This year is the most expensive I have seen the tickets too. Its a fun time but cant really compare to a game.

4. Mushroom

Ratings:
    +106
    Yeah, that sounds like a good time and a great idea. When I lived in GB I had heard about it but I never did ask what it was. Maybe the g/f and I can take her nieces to it.
    Although they still ask "is that Bwett Favv?" during each close up of a white guy:sigh:...

5. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    I went once. I found it ridiculously boring.

Am I supposed to cheer when the offense gets a touchdown? Because they just burned our defense to do it.

I remember that one year they brought in the Bills or something to play against. That was halfway decent.

6. Mushroom

Ratings:
    +106
    Eh, you have a point there...I would think its mostly like the OP said, just giving the chance for people who cant make it on normal circumstance to see an event at Lambeau

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Alot of teams have brought teams in, in the past if they have training camp nearby. For example the Chiefs and the Vikings, since they had camps less than an hour away from each other. But now that teams are moving their camps back to their home state I wonder what will happen to this...

8. PackerChamps

PackerChamps Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I attended the first one they had. Its a chance to see the players and visit mecca:Bananas:, eat expensive food:eat:, drink expensive beer:happy0005:, and know you won't go home pissed because the Pack lost:viksux::chisux::detsux:. ;)

Personally, they should classify it as a preseason game and not play the last one of the year,which is played mostly by groundskeepers and Burger King counter staff anyway, and have 2 weeks off before the real season starts.

9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    The fact that they force season ticket holders to pay full price for preseason tickets is a joke. That last game is the worst like you said.

10. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    My wife and I are going...

We are going to the Aug 6th practice then drive to Sheboygan Brat fest to see my favorite band..THE GUFS..They are opening for TONIC

Spend night in Sheboygan, then drive up to GB for Saturday and the Family Night, then spend night there then back to Milwaukee Sunday

11. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    i think its a week or two later but are you going to the PGA championship?

12. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477

No and it is a week later, but still hard to find a hotel in Sheboygan unless you want 2 nights