Packers Family night

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone on the forum going? Its August 7th and tickets are $10.

A couple years ago at family night, when favre came back in town, was the worst I have ever seen Rodgers play, wasnt exactly a ringing endorsement at the time, but I am glad his worst game was a scrimmage

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score

A couple years ago at family night, when favre came back in town, was the worst I have ever seen Rodgers play, wasnt exactly a ringing endorsement at the time, but I am glad his worst game was a scrimmage
What exactly goes on at family night? Preseason game or what?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its a intersquad scrimmage before the first preseason game. They do it for the community mostly as people who cant get tickets to the packers normally have a good shot at getting them for the scrimmage. This year is the most expensive I have seen the tickets too. Its a fun time but cant really compare to a game.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Yeah, that sounds like a good time and a great idea. When I lived in GB I had heard about it but I never did ask what it was. Maybe the g/f and I can take her nieces to it.
Although they still ask "is that Bwett Favv?" during each close up of a white guy:sigh:...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I went once. I found it ridiculously boring.

Am I supposed to cheer when the offense gets a touchdown? Because they just burned our defense to do it.

I remember that one year they brought in the Bills or something to play against. That was halfway decent.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score

Am I supposed to cheer when the offense gets a touchdown? Because they just burned our defense to do it.

I remember that one year they brought in the Bills or something to play against. That was halfway decent.
Eh, you have a point there...I would think its mostly like the OP said, just giving the chance for people who cant make it on normal circumstance to see an event at Lambeau

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Alot of teams have brought teams in, in the past if they have training camp nearby. For example the Chiefs and the Vikings, since they had camps less than an hour away from each other. But now that teams are moving their camps back to their home state I wonder what will happen to this...

PackerChamps

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I attended the first one they had. Its a chance to see the players and visit mecca:Bananas:, eat expensive food:eat:, drink expensive beer:happy0005:, and know you won't go home pissed because the Pack lost:viksux::chisux::detsux:. ;)

Personally, they should classify it as a preseason game and not play the last one of the year,which is played mostly by groundskeepers and Burger King counter staff anyway, and have 2 weeks off before the real season starts.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I attended the first one they had. Its a chance to see the players and visit mecca:Bananas:, eat expensive food:eat:, drink expensive beer:happy0005:, and know you won't go home pissed because the Pack lost:viksux::chisux::detsux:. ;)

Personally, they should classify it as a preseason game and not play the last one of the year,which is played mostly by groundskeepers and Burger King counter staff anyway, and have 2 weeks off before the real season starts.

The fact that they force season ticket holders to pay full price for preseason tickets is a joke. That last game is the worst like you said.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
My wife and I are going...

We are going to the Aug 6th practice then drive to Sheboygan Brat fest to see my favorite band..THE GUFS..They are opening for TONIC

Spend night in Sheboygan, then drive up to GB for Saturday and the Family Night, then spend night there then back to Milwaukee Sunday

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My wife and I are going...

We are going to the Aug 6th practice then drive to Sheboygan Brat fest to see my favorite band..THE GUFS..They are opening for TONIC

Spend night in Sheboygan, then drive up to GB for Saturday and the Family Night, then spend night there then back to Milwaukee Sunday

i think its a week or two later but are you going to the PGA championship?

Members online

Latest posts