1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Packers draft class ranked low in cowboys opinion

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, May 31, 2013.

1. ClemsonFan

ClemsonFan New Era Packers Fan

Ratings:
    +5
    Don't listen to what the Cowpukes by Jerry Jones& Co. say because we have been better than them recently....

2. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Jerry Hughes just sacked Drew Brees.
    He's playing well .... we have depth there but I still love Hughes. Dammit. He'd look good in Green & Gold.

3. Packers_16-0

Packers_16-0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +32
    Our Draft class is not bad. In this draft class we got four quality players.Eddie Lacy,Jonathan Franklin, Micah Hyde also David bakarati.

4. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +868
    Well, I rank the entire Cowboys organization low. How about that "great" coaching and offensive play calling near the end of the game today. What a joke!

Jerry probably should worry about his own team at this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Well, until Dallas develops a track record of winning seasons and consistently making the playoffs, their opinion is invalid.

/endthread

6. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I love our draft class with the starting LT who has faced: Alden Smith, Brian Orakpo, Cincinnati, and Terrell Suggs so far, and done pretty well overall.

Besides Bahktiari, we have Eddie Lacy, who IF HE HAS GOOD HEALTH LUCK, is a stud and the best RB in the draft.
    Micah Hyde is our most physical DB already.
    Johnathan Franklin showed in Cincinnati that he has serious NFL skills.

I do think we need some help at TE and wanted to draft Fauria from UCLA, the super tall target.

7. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Speaking of Dallas' and our drafts:

I remember the 2010 Draft VERY WELL.
    I wanted Hughes..... and he was mocked to us by McGinn and Gosselin.

But both Bulaga and Dez Bryant slid to us.
    Dez was rated very high like Crabtree was the year before........

Ted didn't bite either time, and went with Raji in 09 and Bulaga in 2010, perhaps bypassing his normal BPA theory and going with a position of need more.......

Would anyone here rather have Dez Bryant instead of Bulaga?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Bus Cook

Bus Cook You're never alone with a schizophrenic

Ratings:
    +226
    With perfect hindsight, I'd say yes. Not because Bryant is anything besides a head case, but because Bulaga hasn't played 50% of the snaps and because we need a WR at the present time. That said, if you were to ask me that question on 2010 draft day, I would have gone Bulaga 100%

9. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    When I read that I just started laughing hysterically. Consider the source. :rolleyes:

10. P-E-Z

P-E-Z Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +91
    I hate the Dallas Cowboys and hope we crush them in their house.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +483
    HOW ABOUT THEM girls !!!

12. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Megatron made the cowgirls defense his B*TCH

13. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +515
    Well let's just compare the two draft classes:

Round 1. Datone Jones vs. Travis Frederick. Dallas wins this one clearly. Frederick's been outstanding. Jones has yet to show that he's the pass rusher we need.

Round 2. Eddie Lacy vs. Gavin Escobar. This one isn't even close. Escober has done very little. Lacy is the clear steal of the draft and is a frontrunner for ROY.

Round 3. <none> vs. Terrance Williams and JJ Wilcox. Williams have been having a good season so far. Wilcox has been nothing special at safety. Everyone though Wilcox was a great pick. he hasn't proved it.

Round 4. David Bahktiari, J.C. Tretter and Jonathan Franklin vs. B.W. Webb. Bakhtiari and Franklin by a mile. Webb has done nothing.

Round 5. Micah Hyde and Josh Boyd vs. Joseph Randle. Randle's run the ball 44 times for a whopping 108 yards with 8 recs. Hyde has been solid on ST and rotating in at CB.

Round 6. Nate Palmer vs. DeVonte Hoffman. Neither was expected to make much of an impact.

Round 7. Sam Barrington and Charles Johnson vs. <none>

I'd rate the best picks as follows:

1. Lacy
    2. Frederick
    3. Bakhtiari
    4. T. Williams
    5. Franklin
    6. Wilcox
    7. Hyde
    8. D. Jones
    9. Escobar
    10. Randle

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  14. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I won't go into specific ratings because I don't know the Cowboys draft picks from my butt hairs, but IMO this is the way to compare. Once the money is spent and the draft is done, it's all about how many players did you get that are contributing to the team.

15. BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +499
    That question isn't as easy as it seems. Yes, Dez is a beast. Probably the second best WR in the game. But without Bulaga, I don't think we win SB XLV. Because of that, I'd rather have the SB and Bulaga. Plus, it's not as if our WRs have held us back since that SB win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I_am_smoked_cheddar

I_am_smoked_cheddar Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I truly don't give a flying doughnut what Jerry Jones or his Cowboys have to say about anything. I simply laugh my @$$ off when "America's Team" loses. :roflmao:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. GeeDogWarrior

GeeDogWarrior 0 - 0

Ratings:
    +139
    Bah-buh-but this is the season that the cowboys win the superbowl this year....
    Tony Romo is the Tom Cruise of the NFL, Coward and Skip said so....

and Rodgers is a nazi towards his teammates and the packers are soft and overrated, ka-durrh!?

18. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,779
    Wow! Surprised you don't hold Hyde in higher esteem. He has the 'steal of the draft' possibilities as well. I would put him on par with Bak, maybe a little behind - but only because Bak is playing at a greater need position. Hyde has looked very good so far.

PS: You missed 7th round WR Dorsey. And we have gotten play out of Palmer, impressive from a small school late pick. Its a big leap.

19. jjmcjj

jjmcjj Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18

Yeah the Pies under Jerry Jones are a joke. Specially if people still want to call 'em "Americas Team". This article is a good illustration of what 'ole lizard lips puts on the field.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20131029/dallas-cowboys-mediocrity/?sct=nfl_wr_a2

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +515
    That's probably true, I'm undervaluing Hyde. I might flip Hyde and Franklin. i really haven't seen enough Cowboy games to get an idea of how Wilcox has played at safety, but the stat line is certainly nothing special.

21. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +2,935
    Some responses on this thread make it seem as if Jones, or someone in the Dallas organization actually said something about the Packers’ draft. That’s obviously not true – Dallas was just stupid enough to let their entire draft board leak once again. It may be fun for fans to see how they rated players but it’s stupid to let your rivals know how you evaluate talent. The other nugget of information I thought was interesting is Dallas doesn’t pay much attention to players from small schools. That’s certainly not the case because of a lack of money for their scouting department. IMO that again is bad business – what harm would it do to gather information on a larger pool of players?

The article notes that one of the reasons for the differences in ratings is Dallas went back to the 4-3, so they of course are evaluating players for that scheme, not the 3-4. That’s something that sometimes seems to get lost in the shuffle of mock drafts and discussions of draft prospects. And beyond the obvious difference in those schemes, not even all 3-4 schemes are the same. While Thompson adheres to best value available (BVA, not BPA) as much as any GM in the league IMO, this is a reminder that “value” varies from team to team beyond just the evaluation of prospects. I think Thompson sticks closely to his board but the order of his board is not pure BPA, it incorporates the prospects’ value not only regarding scheme, but also in relation to the roster.

• Informative Informative x 1
  22. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +385
    I don't give a rats ASSets about the cowgirls opinion. When I want there opinion I'll give it to them

• Funny Funny x 1