Packers draft class ranked low in cowboys opinion

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jerry Hughes just sacked Drew Brees.
He's playing well .... we have depth there but I still love Hughes. Dammit. He'd look good in Green & Gold.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Well, I rank the entire Cowboys organization low. How about that "great" coaching and offensive play calling near the end of the game today. What a joke!

Jerry probably should worry about his own team at this point.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, until Dallas develops a track record of winning seasons and consistently making the playoffs, their opinion is invalid.

/endthread

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love our draft class with the starting LT who has faced: Alden Smith, Brian Orakpo, Cincinnati, and Terrell Suggs so far, and done pretty well overall.

Besides Bahktiari, we have Eddie Lacy, who IF HE HAS GOOD HEALTH LUCK, is a stud and the best RB in the draft.
Micah Hyde is our most physical DB already.
Johnathan Franklin showed in Cincinnati that he has serious NFL skills.

I do think we need some help at TE and wanted to draft Fauria from UCLA, the super tall target.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of Dallas' and our drafts:

I remember the 2010 Draft VERY WELL.
I wanted Hughes..... and he was mocked to us by McGinn and Gosselin.

But both Bulaga and Dez Bryant slid to us.
Dez was rated very high like Crabtree was the year before........

Ted didn't bite either time, and went with Raji in 09 and Bulaga in 2010, perhaps bypassing his normal BPA theory and going with a position of need more.......

Would anyone here rather have Dez Bryant instead of Bulaga?

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
Speaking of Dallas' and our drafts:

I remember the 2010 Draft VERY WELL.
I wanted Hughes..... and he was mocked to us by McGinn and Gosselin.

But both Bulaga and Dez Bryant slid to us.
Dez was rated very high like Crabtree was the year before........

Ted didn't bite either time, and went with Raji in 09 and Bulaga in 2010, perhaps bypassing his normal BPA theory and going with a position of need more.......

With perfect hindsight, I'd say yes. Not because Bryant is anything besides a head case, but because Bulaga hasn't played 50% of the snaps and because we need a WR at the present time. That said, if you were to ask me that question on 2010 draft day, I would have gone Bulaga 100%

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well let's just compare the two draft classes:

Round 1. Datone Jones vs. Travis Frederick. Dallas wins this one clearly. Frederick's been outstanding. Jones has yet to show that he's the pass rusher we need.

Round 2. Eddie Lacy vs. Gavin Escobar. This one isn't even close. Escober has done very little. Lacy is the clear steal of the draft and is a frontrunner for ROY.

Round 3. <none> vs. Terrance Williams and JJ Wilcox. Williams have been having a good season so far. Wilcox has been nothing special at safety. Everyone though Wilcox was a great pick. he hasn't proved it.

Round 4. David Bahktiari, J.C. Tretter and Jonathan Franklin vs. B.W. Webb. Bakhtiari and Franklin by a mile. Webb has done nothing.

Round 5. Micah Hyde and Josh Boyd vs. Joseph Randle. Randle's run the ball 44 times for a whopping 108 yards with 8 recs. Hyde has been solid on ST and rotating in at CB.

Round 6. Nate Palmer vs. DeVonte Hoffman. Neither was expected to make much of an impact.

Round 7. Sam Barrington and Charles Johnson vs. <none>

I'd rate the best picks as follows:

1. Lacy
2. Frederick
3. Bakhtiari
4. T. Williams
5. Franklin
6. Wilcox
7. Hyde
8. D. Jones
9. Escobar
10. Randle

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Lacy
2. Frederick
3. Bakhtiari
4. T. Williams
5. Franklin
6. Wilcox
7. Hyde
8. D. Jones
9. Escobar
10. Randle
I won't go into specific ratings because I don't know the Cowboys draft picks from my butt hairs, but IMO this is the way to compare. Once the money is spent and the draft is done, it's all about how many players did you get that are contributing to the team.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That question isn't as easy as it seems. Yes, Dez is a beast. Probably the second best WR in the game. But without Bulaga, I don't think we win SB XLV. Because of that, I'd rather have the SB and Bulaga. Plus, it's not as if our WRs have held us back since that SB win.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

I truly don't give a flying doughnut what Jerry Jones or his Cowboys have to say about anything. I simply laugh my @$$ off when "America's Team" loses. :roflmao:

Reaction score
Bah-buh-but this is the season that the cowboys win the superbowl this year....
Tony Romo is the Tom Cruise of the NFL, Coward and Skip said so....

and Rodgers is a **** towards his teammates and the packers are soft and overrated, ka-durrh!?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well let's just compare the two draft classes:

Round 1. Datone Jones vs. Travis Frederick. Dallas wins this one clearly. Frederick's been outstanding. Jones has yet to show that he's the pass rusher we need.

Round 2. Eddie Lacy vs. Gavin Escobar. This one isn't even close. Escober has done very little. Lacy is the clear steal of the draft and is a frontrunner for ROY.

Round 3. <none> vs. Terrance Williams and JJ Wilcox. Williams have been having a good season so far. Wilcox has been nothing special at safety. Everyone though Wilcox was a great pick. he hasn't proved it.

Round 4. David Bahktiari, J.C. Tretter and Jonathan Franklin vs. B.W. Webb. Bakhtiari and Franklin by a mile. Webb has done nothing.

Round 5. Micah Hyde and Josh Boyd vs. Joseph Randle. Randle's run the ball 44 times for a whopping 108 yards with 8 recs. Hyde has been solid on ST and rotating in at CB.

Round 6. Nate Palmer vs. DeVonte Hoffman. Neither was expected to make much of an impact.

Round 7. Sam Barrington and Charles Johnson vs. <none>

1. Lacy
2. Frederick
3. Bakhtiari
4. T. Williams
5. Franklin
6. Wilcox
7. Hyde
8. D. Jones
9. Escobar
10. Randle
Wow! Surprised you don't hold Hyde in higher esteem. He has the 'steal of the draft' possibilities as well. I would put him on par with Bak, maybe a little behind - but only because Bak is playing at a greater need position. Hyde has looked very good so far.

PS: You missed 7th round WR Dorsey. And we have gotten play out of Palmer, impressive from a small school late pick. Its a big leap.

jjmcjj

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow! Surprised you don't hold Hyde in higher esteem. He has the 'steal of the draft' possibilities as well. I would put him on par with Bak, maybe a little behind - but only because Bak is playing at a greater need position. Hyde has looked very good so far.

PS: You missed 7th round WR Dorsey. And we have gotten play out of Palmer, impressive from a small school late pick. Its a big leap.

That's probably true, I'm undervaluing Hyde. I might flip Hyde and Franklin. i really haven't seen enough Cowboy games to get an idea of how Wilcox has played at safety, but the stat line is certainly nothing special.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Some responses on this thread make it seem as if Jones, or someone in the Dallas organization actually said something about the Packers’ draft. That’s obviously not true – Dallas was just stupid enough to let their entire draft board leak once again. It may be fun for fans to see how they rated players but it’s stupid to let your rivals know how you evaluate talent. The other nugget of information I thought was interesting is Dallas doesn’t pay much attention to players from small schools. That’s certainly not the case because of a lack of money for their scouting department. IMO that again is bad business – what harm would it do to gather information on a larger pool of players?

The article notes that one of the reasons for the differences in ratings is Dallas went back to the 4-3, so they of course are evaluating players for that scheme, not the 3-4. That’s something that sometimes seems to get lost in the shuffle of mock drafts and discussions of draft prospects. And beyond the obvious difference in those schemes, not even all 3-4 schemes are the same. While Thompson adheres to best value available (BVA, not BPA) as much as any GM in the league IMO, this is a reminder that “value” varies from team to team beyond just the evaluation of prospects. I think Thompson sticks closely to his board but the order of his board is not pure BPA, it incorporates the prospects’ value not only regarding scheme, but also in relation to the roster.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't give a rats ASSets about the cowgirls opinion. When I want there opinion I'll give it to them

Latest posts