1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers cut kicker Rayner

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

2. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good attitude, good guy and good kicker. He very well may be back someday the way kickers can sometimes be up and down. However, what we have seen out of Crosby in PS makes me think he is up to the task mentally and physically and could establish himself as a fixture in GB.

3. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wonder what he means when he says he was fighting an uphill battle ever since the draft. He made fewer field goals than Crosby in practice. If he made more, he would've won the job. I wonder if Crosby got the good holder (John Ryan) more often than Rayner did.

The part about Crosby possibly being a "quick fix" is pretty bitter too, but it's hard to blame him for being bitter after all his effort and good performance in training camp amounted to nothing. On the other hand, if his kicking hadn't faltered late last season, Crosby never would've been drafted.

4. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    The uphill battle I believe is him saying he felt that by using a draft pick that he had little to no chance of making the team.

I didn't want to lose either of them, but understood we couldn't keep two.

Both appear to be good kickers.

5. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I like Rayner and all, but finishing 29th in the league in field goal percentage last year just doesn't cut it. And if he was the one who made 86% of his field goal attempts in the preseason and Crosby had made 81%, I'm guessing Rayner would still be here.

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    We will see if "Bing" (my name for Crosby) will be up to the task when Lambeau field is frozen! I HOPE he is!!!
    He has plenty of leg, but can he be accurate?