packers could make a run

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well...I was thinking a couple days ago, the last team to make it to the playoffs at 1-4 were the 2004 green bay packers.

When we started to make our run in that year, Ahman green had a 83 yard run against Dallas. This year at 1-4, we beat the dolphins and ahman green had a long TD in this game as well.

And our next two games are the cards....and the bills. Pretty easy teams. Im not guaranteeing a victory in them, they just...well they suck, anyway... things look to be getting a better, and if history repeats itself, we will be MUCH better :)

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we are going to have to keep stomping out a couple of ugly wins in order to beat the Cards and Bills which isn't the most encouraging statement I've ever made regarding the pack, but I think it's the reality of the situation.

I do, however, feel we can be 4-4 going into minnesota. I think right now we are just below a middle of the road team with a superstar QB that gives us a little bit of an edge.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reality check: The Packers will be making a run at a top draft pick this year, that is all.

That's kind of like a Packer fan saying "reality check" the Bears will fold..again.

Blackjackking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well...I was thinking a couple days ago, the last team to make it to the playoffs at 1-4 were the 2004 green bay packers.

When we started to make our run in that year, Ahman green had a 83 yard run against Dallas. This year at 1-4, we beat the dolphins and ahman green had a long TD in this game as well.

And our next two games are the cards....and the bills. Pretty easy teams. Im not guaranteeing a victory in them, they just...well they suck, anyway... things look to be getting a better, and if history repeats itself, we will be MUCH better :)

The Packers beat 2 teams with a combined win total of 2!! Wow some real powerhouses! The Packers will win 4-5 games and that's it, they are a BAD team plain and simple end of discussion.

magic_8ball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the paackers could turn it around, as long as the injury bug doesn't hit any harder. I think the bears have the division title already in hand but if we get hot i could see the pack sneeking in as a wild card at 8-8 or 9-7. How great would it be to beat the 15-0 bears at soldier field to make them 15-1 for favre's send off.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfan1245 said:

The Packers beat 2 teams with a combined win total of 2!! Wow some real powerhouses! The Packers will win 4-5 games and that's it, they are a BAD team plain and simple end of discussion.

Who said they were a powerhouse? They have proven they can beat teams they are suppose to beat. That's why the optimism about the next two games.

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blackjackking said:
packerfan1245 said:

Who said they were a powerhouse? They have proven they can beat teams they are suppose to beat. That's why the optimism about the next two games.
actually GB was an underdog in both of those game this week is a game they are suppose to win

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rams ... should of been a win ... but wasnt
Saints ... had a good chance blew it up

If we had made 1 or 2 extra plays on defense for those game and no fumble last seconds lool we could of easily been now ... 4-2

Blackjackking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rams ... should of been a win ... but wasnt
Saints ... had a good chance blew it up

If we had made 1 or 2 extra plays on defense for those game and no fumble last seconds lool we could of easily been now ... 4-2

If, if, if!!! And if the Queen had nuts she would be King!

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Queen had nuts they'd get in the way when she had to take a leak! :rotflmao: I'm all for optimism :thumbsup: Funny that year we were 1-4 I never doubted we'd make the play-offs. Sorry to say I don't feel that way this year but I do think we'll keep looking better each week and if we beat the teams we can we could finish 500.

tano1998

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PLAYOFFS??? PLAYOFF?? (JIM MORA)....The Packers are mediocre at best, sad...but's true...If they can get 6/8 wins, that'll be great

Packula

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Figure, Packers lost their four games to the teams that are/were leading their respective divisions in the NFC.

They've beaten two 1 win teams.

The Pack is now playing another 1 win team.

So, what have we learned?

We lose to division leaders.

We beat one win teams.

But Buffalo has TWO WINS!! What's going to happen???

My paradiggim is all screwed up now...

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one is saying with any reality that the Packers are going to make the playoffs. But there IS a chance this team could win 7-8 games.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I hope (not getting my hopes up) they beat the Cards and Bills and make themselved 4-4, then the Pats and seahawks seem tough (that is if Hasselbeck and Alexander play) maybe Pack can sneak past some teams and make it out alive.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I hope (not getting my hopes up) they beat the Cards and Bills and make themselved 4-4, then the Pats and seahawks seem tough (that is if Hasselbeck and Alexander play) maybe Pack can sneak past some teams and make it out alive.

After playing at Buff we got at minny. No matter what games we win this season I figure them all to be tough wins.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anything could happen who knows maybe Losman and Mcgahee will have explosive days and beat the pack. Maybe the Cards will pull the same run they did against the Bears (and maybe it will work)

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anything could happen who knows maybe Losman and Mcgahee will have explosive days and beat the pack. Maybe the Cards will pull the same run they did against the Bears (and maybe it will work)

Definitely not "counting" on anything, but it's a game the Packers NEEEEEED to win. I was scared to see any kind of regression at the phins game and I'm still scared to see it this week. As MM stated the packers need to keep on this momentum they have going for them.

One thing that does give me confidence is this young team went into the extreme heat against a vet team and beat them on their home field.

Canadian packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that they won't come close to a playoff spot..... a 6 win season I think is going to happen. There are too many other teams in NFC that are in front and even if the packers manage to get close the saints and the rams own tie breakers against the pack.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True I dont think really anyone here thinks they'll make thew playoff though there may be a few 10-6 or 9-7 hopers, but I just dont see it happening like that this team is too young, fresh, but young.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's ridiculous. The Packers were in both games vs. Saints and Rams, and could have won. At that point they'd be sitting at 4-2. Yes, 'coulda-shoulda-woulda' but my point is, the Raiders are bad. The Bills are bad. If you've actually watched the Green Bay games, they are able to put together solid drives, they have playmakers, and the defense has the potential to force turnovers. There are bright spots, not-so-bright spots, and then there have been some miscues.

They are a mediocre team with the ability and potential to be good - not next season, but this season. You can't say that about several of those other teams in total disarray.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[quote="scottyThey are a mediocre team with the ability and potential to be good - not next season, but this season. You can't say that about several of those other teams in total disarray.[/quote]

I agree Green Bay may have lost those 4 games but they havent played bad they actually made a game out of it some if them pure back and forth scoring (like Saints and Rams).

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No playoffs this year, sorry!
But I predicted at the beginning of the year 6-10, now in spite of the injuries we are still making progress and i see potential for 8-8.
That still barring a miracle won't get us into the playoffs.

Members online

Latest posts