Packers claim LB Corey Jenkins

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
(sorry majicman, deleted your post on accident)

Jenkins, 29, was picked in the sixth round of the 2003 NFL Draft by Miami. He appeared in 23 games with Miami and Chicago.

Jenkins was originally selected in 1995 by the Boston Red Sox and also played for the Chicago White Sox farm system before returning to football at South Carolina.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

Ho-hum.

Hopefully he can rush the passer...

That's all I care about at this point.

...Or hey, Maybe he's a good special team player...Damn, we need that...

Any info on this guy?

OP
OP
A

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is about 3 years old, right after he got drafted...

Prospect Profiles

Corey Jenkins
Position: Strong Safety/Quarterback/Running Back
College: South Carolina
Height: 6-0
Weight: 220
Hometown: Columbia, S.C.

ANALYSIS

Positives: Well-defined athlete with muscular arms and thighs

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Strong safety, cornerback, running back---Now a LB...

This guy sounds like special teams at best...

Could be wrong. Don't know anything about him, these days. TT could be just doing the LB depth thing, because of our injuries there.

Man, pass rush is and has been glaring...I know it's tough to find, but more pressure on the QB would go an epicly long way towards improving this D squad.

Search TT...Search. But focus.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, but i think we're weak at LB. Lenon is our starting linebacker. Let me repeat that for some of you. PARIS LENON is a starter. As much as I respect our coaches, and they say he got in shape and has been playing well...HES A STARTER!? That frightens me, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Manning has done well for a rook, but not good enough to start it sounds like. This pickup makes me think Ray T is outta here. in a week with cut day #2.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
yeah, but i think we're weak at LB. Lenon is our starting linebacker. Let me repeat that for some of you. PARIS LENON is a starter. As much as I respect our coaches, and they say he got in shape and has been playing well...HES A STARTER!? That frightens me, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Manning has done well for a rook, but not good enough to start it sounds like. This pickup makes me think Ray T is outta here. in a week with cut day #2.

I think Thompson is safe.
Lenon is NOT a starter. That's why we brought in the new guy. If Lenon is a starter, we are in serious doo-doo.
We probably have the weakest LB corps in the league, cause we have absolutely no depth, and besides Barnett and Diggs we've got basically nothing. I do think Thompson could flourish in this system, but we need a true MLB something fierce.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Bates likes him for some reason. It doesn't hurt to look I guess. Does he have good speed?

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So who would Jenkins beat out, Brady Poppinga, Paris Lenon or Roy Manning?

I can't say I've been impressed with Poppinga despite the hype, though he's been hurt. Hard to cut a 4th round draft choice, but to me he hasn't done anything to really earn a roster spot.

Lenon had a decent game the other night, but other than that he hasn't impressed me much over the years.

Manning has done as well, if not better than any of them even though he wasn't drafted.

I guess they could cut Thompson, but I would be surprised if they did that.

Reaction score
I would love to see Poppinga at DE. He has a non stop motore and was a DE before his last year in college. I say give Poppinga a chance to be the pass rusher opposite KGB, and who knows, we might have another KGB steal on our hands. And the thing with trying Poppinga at DE is that if it doesn't pan out, well than the Packers lost nothing, did they:?:

Latest posts