Packers/ Bears Game Sunday Nite?

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just went on Foxsports.com to find out who is broadcasting the game next weekend. (Don't know why I do this, but I do it every week). Anyway, it has all the NFC games listed and the Packers/Bears game is not on there.

Take a look: http://msn.foxsports.com/nflonfox

This leads me to belive our game is a Flex game on NBC Sunday Nite. Although I haven't been able to confirm it on any site. Stay tuned.

If this were true, I'd love it, this way I could watch the meaningful games Sunday afternoon and then watch our game Sunday nite. By kickoff, we would know whether or not we could get in with a W.

rob836

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are no Sunday night games next Sunday. Packer/Bear game is 1:00 pm EST. NLF.com

OP
OP
P

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, there is a Sunday Nite game.

The NFL this season will implement for the first time in its history a primetime "flexible scheduling" element on Sundays in Weeks 10-15 and in Week 17. (NFL.com)

It just hasn't been officially announced yet.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
right from packers.com

Sun., Dec. 31 @ Chicago Bears *12 noon FOX

All times indicated are Wisconsin time

* Start time may shift due to NFL flexible scheduling

~

Then on http://www.nfl.com/schedules

it lists all the games but at the end it says

* Note: One of the Sunday games will move to 8:15 p.m. Sunday night.

But it does not have any of the games with an *, so that tells me ANY ONE of the games next weekend could move to Sunday Night

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I hope not. I don't wanna wait that late dammit! lol

You have to admit, it'd help to sort the playoff picture out a heck of a lot....

How does waiting til the evening play the game help sort the playoff picture out opposed to having the game over by 3pm?

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
Zero2Cool said:

You have to admit, it'd help to sort the playoff picture out a heck of a lot....

How does waiting til the evening play the game help sort the playoff picture out opposed to having the game over by 3pm?

then the Pack will know if they can get in with a win or not

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Zero2Cool said:

then the Pack will know if they can get in with a win or not

How does that help the Packers? No. no.

Play the game at noon.

Say the Packers can't get in even with a win and know this before they enter the game. What's there to fight for? The rivalry? No.

Play the game at noon.

Not knowing your fate, knowing you MUST win to have a chance is the best way to go.

Two scenarios for evening game.
1, the Packers are elminated from playoff contention, play the game in the evening. Do you think this will be a good game? Competitive? Two teams who have nothing to play for. Bears vs Packers is typically as good as you can come by.

2, the Packers with a win are in. Then the game would be intense. The Packers playing hard, the Bears probably keep their starters in for atleast the first half to knock out their rival.

I really think playing your heart out, knowing you gave it your all and then were eliminated would be easier to handle than going into a game at night (which players do not enjoy waiting til late at night to play a game) with a chance to get in the playoffs with a win then losing and not making it in.

I can see positives on both sides, but playing later does not help the Packers at all.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see both sides, but I do think it would be kind of cool because they would be playing in front of a national audience (if they play Sunday night).

I didn't get to see Lions v. Bears, but given that the Bears only beat Detroit 26-21 (or thereabouts), that really gives me hope that we can bring some hurt.. depends on which Packers team shows up, but if they finally play at their potential, we can win.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I see both sides, but I do think it would be kind of cool because they would be playing in front of a national audience (if they play Sunday night).

I didn't get to see Lions v. Bears, but given that the Bears only beat Detroit 26-21 (or thereabouts), that really gives me hope that we can bring some hurt.. depends on which Packers team shows up, but if they finally play at their potential, we can win.

If playing at night meant more fans would get to see the Packers. Of course that'd be awesome. I just don't see how playing at night helps the Packers.

Jakest3r

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't "help" the packers. It's just that it would be cool knowing if your in or out by the night game. If GB plays their heart out at noon and then gets eliminated what's the use in that either? I'd say Sunday night, it's nationally televised and "could" mean playoff implications.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
It doesn't "help" the packers. It's just that it would be cool knowing if your in or out by the night game.

If GB plays their heart out at noon and then gets eliminated what's the use in that either? I'd say Sunday night, it's nationally televised and "could" mean playoff implications.

What's the use?
Knowing you left everything out on that field.
Knowing you gave it your all.
Knowing you did everything you could for 60 minutes.
Knowing you left nothing else in your tank.

That's the use. That's why.

For the Players, @ noon.
For the fans, @ evening.

The "could" be playoff implications is a reason it probably won't be an evening game. The chance of it being a game with nothing to gain for either team, one team playing to get to .500 and the other trying to get through without injuries.

BUT, let's throw in the rivalry factor in here and you have something that I'm sure is more interesting than the other options for the evening game.

Week 17, which one is a more sure fire game than the CHI vs GB game?

Atlanta at Philadelphia
Buffalo at Baltimore
Carolina at New Orleans
Cleveland at Houston
Detroit at Dallas
Green Bay at Chicago
Jacksonville at Kansas City
Miami at Indianapolis
New England at Tennessee
Oakland at N.Y. Jets
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati
Seattle at Tampa Bay
St. Louis at Minnesota
Arizona at San Diego
San Francisco at Denver

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
The biggest reason it would be an evening game is that it could be Brett's last (though I don't think it's likely).

Ahh good point. It's not going to be his last game. You know it, we know it, truly deep down, everyone knows it. ;)

Good point though. He did make sure the game ball was his after the Vikings game.

Jakest3r

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it's just my opinion, Zero. I guess you can look at it any way, but you know, it just seems cool, they haven't been on Sunday night all year, and like TOPackerFan it "could" be Favre's last game, but true packer fans know he will stay of course. I just like it because I know a lot of Packer fans they don't get many games and would be able to see it since it is nationally televised. And it is a rivalry game and just would be a fun game to watch. But again, yes you can look at it anyway, playoff implications or not, "I" would love to have it be on SNF.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it's just my opinion, Zero. I guess you can look at it any way, but you know, it just seems cool, they haven't been on Sunday night all year, and like TOPackerFan it "could" be Favre's last game, but true packer fans know he will stay of course.

Are you sure? I'm thinking they played on a Sunday night.. maybe against the Seahawks. I know they played a Monday night against Philly (wish I could forget) but I also seem to recall a Sunday night game. Regardless of that, I do take your point.

-s

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I just like it because I know a lot of Packer fans they don't get many games and would be able to see it since it is nationally televised.
Sure is a good thing I make a highlight video every game. :)

Jakest3r

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you sure? I'm thinking they played on a Sunday night.. maybe against the Seahawks. I know they played a Monday night against Philly (wish I could forget) but I also seem to recall a Sunday night game. Regardless of that, I do take your point.

Nope, the Seahawks game was also MNF. We have not played SNF all year long...

Members online

Latest posts