Packers are CHOKE ARISTS: our last 5 LOSSES are all CHOKE CITY

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 of our last 4 losses were overtime heartbreakers, and in those 3 games, our offense had the ball 5 different times, and could produce NOTHING.

The other loss was the heartbreak choke, robbery, in Chicago in week 3.

And going back to our 5th most recent loss, was the last-play choke in Pittsburgh. That one can't be blamed one ounce on Rodgers or the offense. That was all Dom Capers and Ted Thompson for adding Josh Bell to the mix instead of a veteran pickup like the Saints did.

And the last loss before that one was in Tampa Bay to the 0-7 Bucs, in a game we led by 10 with about 5 minutes to go.

Bottom line his this: our team, for some reason, lacks the character and mental toughness to win a championship, and probably even a playoff game.

The optimists can keep saying "well a lot of people thought this team could win the Super Bowl...."... but the bottom line is results. What are our results? Don't give me maybe this tomorrow, or that tomorrow. What are our results?

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 of our last 4 losses were overtime heartbreakers, and in those 3 games, our offense had the ball 5 different times, and could produce nothing.
The other loss was the heartbreak choke, robbery, in chicago in week 3.
And going back to our 5th most recent loss, was the last-play choke in pittsburgh. That one can't be blamed one ounce on rodgers or the offense. That was all dom capers and ted thompson for adding josh bell to the mix instead of a veteran pickup like the saints did.
And the last loss before that one was in tampa bay to the 0-7 bucs, in a game we led by 10 with about 5 minutes to go.
Bottom line his this: Our team, for some reason, lacks the character and mental toughness to win a championship, and probably even a playoff game.
The optimists can keep saying "well a lot of people thought this team could win the super bowl...."... But the bottom line is results. What are our results? Don't give me maybe this tomorrow, or that tomorrow. What are our results?

bingo

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's coaching. No way around it. Last year, the leaders were able to bail MM's *** out, by that meeting. This year, I don't think it's possible.

And he was supposed to be a "Pittsburgh though guy"...

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's coaching. No way around it. Last year, the leaders were able to bail MM's *** out, by that meeting. This year, I don't think it's possible.

And he was supposed to be a "Pittsburgh though guy"...
i like how your finally seeing the light.. its the coaching without a doubt

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i like how your finally seeing the light.. its the coaching without a doubt
Finally seeing the light to WHAT exactly? Our discussion was about Free Agents, not about the coaching staff.

I believe that this ammount of injuries in week 6 is unheard of. And even so, the Packers still have enough talent to win games.

The D will be much better with CM3 back, no doubt about it. But we're seeing too many dumb coaching decisions to put it all on the injuries. ON BOTH THE OFFENSE AND D. Can't stand the 3 man rush.

The way I see it, I try to never jump to conclusions. So excuse me if I don't go jumping off a brigde if we only barely win agains the Lions.

But we play terribly for 4 weeks in a row, then there's no clearer statement than that.

Still, the season isn't over. But like I said before, there's no way it should've come to this. Not with what happened last year. The players should've been more prepared, and the coaching staff as well...

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clean up penalties and the mental errors and I almost guarantee we wouldn't be having these frustrating discussions. That's what ****** me off the most.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
It's definitely coming down to coaching, but I don't see how we're "choke artists." I don't think it's overtime play that's the problem, it's the other 4 quarters and how they're played. We just make too many mistakes during regulation to even put the game into overtime. There's bad coaching, poor game time adjustment (why did it take us a whole half to double up on BMarsh?), poor penalty calls/bad penalties by us, bad protection from the o-line, etc.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's definitely coming down to coaching, but I don't see how we're "choke artists." I don't think it's overtime play that's the problem, it's the other 4 quarters and how they're played. We just make too many mistakes during regulation to even put the game into overtime. There's bad coaching, poor game time adjustment (why did it take us a whole half to double up on BMarsh?), poor penalty calls/bad penalties by us, bad protection from the o-line, etc.
Like Dilfer said, the Packers have ZERO killer instinct.

That is coaching, but that is also players.

If we had great coaching, the lack of aggressiveness from most of the players could've been countered (most, there are some aggressive players, but most aren't. Can't generalize). But, with MM and CO, it's up to the players.

There are 2 guys on the coaching staff that instill aggressiveness on them: Trgovac (who get's ZERO credit for the wonderful job he does) and Greene. The rest, specially Campen, can't inspire the players. I don't know if it's the position coaches' job to do so, that ought to fall on the HC, though. Just trying do diagnose the problem.

You put MM on the 70's Steelers, that team won't lack aggressiveness.
You put Lombardi or Noll on this Packers, this team won't lack aggressiveness.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finally seeing the light to WHAT exactly? Our discussion was about Free Agents, not about the coaching staff.

I believe that this ammount of injuries in week 6 is unheard of. And even so, the Packers still have enough talent to win games.

The D will be much better with CM3 back, no doubt about it. But we're seeing too many dumb coaching decisions to put it all on the injuries. ON BOTH THE OFFENSE AND D. Can't stand the 3 man rush.

The way I see it, I try to never jump to conclusions. So excuse me if I don't go jumping off a brigde if we only barely win agains the Lions.

But we play terribly for 4 weeks in a row, then there's no clearer statement than that.

Still, the season isn't over. But like I said before, there's no way it should've come to this. Not with what happened last year. The players should've been more prepared, and the coaching staff as well...
was it? because i dont remember the last time i was askin for a free agent to come in, ive been saying its the coaches the whole time but i could be wrong.. i call it how it is, if they sucked and played like ****, im gonna say the sucked and play like ****... i dont sugar coat things and hope for the best

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides all the injuries, besides all the BAD COACHING, BAD PLAYCALLING, OUR OFFENSE IS STILL MORE THEN CAPABLE OF PUTTING UP POINTS!!! so WTF? we should be able to blow out the dolphins and put up 30+ where is the offense, what's going on???

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides all the injuries, besides all the BAD COACHING, BAD PLAYCALLING, OUR OFFENSE IS STILL MORE THEN CAPABLE OF PUTTING UP POINTS!!! so WTF? we should be able to blow out the dolphins and put up 30+ where is the offense, what's going on???
Putting points in the 2nd quarter =/= putting points in the 4th quarter.

(yes, I know, we still were able to tie the game with seconds left. THAT'S WHEN YOU GO FO TWO YOU FAT ****!!!!!!!!!)

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A football team is defined by wins/losses period !

if a team isnt winning, who's fault is it usually? quarterback or head coach...

not my rule, but thats what happens at all levels of coaching football.

this team cannot hold a lead
this team cannot win a close game
this team is a product of there 4-13 coach (games within 5 pts or less)
this TEAM IS CHOKERS = BECAUSE OF THERE LEADERS = MM and TT
MM and TT are very mild and very conservative men.... OUR TEAM REFLECTS THEM !!!!!

mike mccarthy good offensive coord..... cannot run a whole team
ted thompson great talent evaluator.... should not be GM (2 conservative)

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Putting points in the 2nd quarter =/= putting points in the 4th quarter.

(yes, I know, we still were able to tie the game with seconds left. THAT'S WHEN YOU GO FO TWO YOU FAT ****!!!!!!!!!)

Are you not sick and tired of watching the coaches make enough bad decisions??? I thought about it right before they scored that last TD. Should we go for two??? It took me about a half a second to say to myself NO. As often as we screw things up........we would have not made it. If the Packers got it in everyone would have praised the decision to go for 2. If not.....their would have been rioting in the F'n streets of Wisconsin. We have to try to get our team in the best position to win ball games. Not just pull it out of our butt crack at the end when we actually deserved to lose.

We need to play smart and disciplined football and everything else will take care of itself. No one is doing that. QB, O-Line, Defense, and the coaching staff have not put together a good game yet.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Are you not sick and tired of watching the coaches make enough bad decisions??? I thought about it right before they scored that last TD. Should we go for two??? It took me about a half a second to say to myself NO. As often as we screw things up........we would have not made it. If the Packers got it in everyone would have praised the decision to go for 2. If not.....their would have been rioting in the F'n streets of Wisconsin. We have to try to get our team in the best position to win ball games. Not just pull it out of our butt crack at the end when we actually deserved to lose.

We need to play smart and disciplined football and everything else will take care of itself. No one is doing that. QB, O-Line, Defense, and the coaching staff have not put together a good game yet.
Yeah I thought about this too, and ended up being against it. We know how bad BJax is on the goal line and Kuhn had already been stuffed, plus we couldn't sneak it again, I don't think the Dolphins D would be that stupid. That leaves us with a quick pass which would have been fine if we'd had Finley, but I think the Fins would have seen it coming and bull rushed us again. I'm not trying to call it, just trying to rationalize not going for it.

In the end, we did force a punt in OT and we had our chance. Oh well, the Fins should have been 1 less TD, we gave them a gift. It is what it is, time to look ahead to the Vikies since it's now an incredibly important game.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We were rolling by then.

With the kind of play we've been executing, when you're hot, you take advantage.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problems wouldnt be so frustrating if i didnt know we could do better. MM's MO is losing close games, thought it was a fluke when we set the record in 08 for most close losses, but obviously not, he simply has no idea how to coach a 2 minute drill bascially. Aaron is more than competent skill wise and leadership wise to execute anything put on his plate, but when he's fed garbage theres only so much he can do.

Members online

Latest posts