Packers announce Lambeau expansion plans

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Packers announce plans for Lambeau Field's south, north end zones

The Green Bay Packers today announced expansion plans for Lambeau Field, a project that will include approximately 6,600 new seats in the south end zone and a new gate and rooftop viewing platfor...

Source: Packers.com

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers announced Thursday that they will add approximately 6,600 new seats in the south end-zone area of Lambeau Field and will add a new gate and rooftop viewing platform in the north end zone.

Source: JSOline.com

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Packers to add 6,600 seats at Lambeau Field by '13

Packers to add 6,600 seats at Lambeau Field by '13 - NFL - SI.com

The seats will be in four levels in the south end zone. The prices haven't been set yet but are expected to range between the current cost for bowl seats, where the top price is $87, and club seats, where the top price is $313. The project also includes a new rooftop viewing terrace that club-seat holders can use on game days, along with new gates, elevators and access points for people with disabilities.

And here's a nugget Wisconsin taxpayers will like, too: The Packers plan to fund the $130 million project at their expense, perhaps through another stock sale that would give even more fans the chance to be a part-owner of one of the NFL's most storied franchises.

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Expansion will create 'wall of sound'

Mark Murphy assured Packers fans the new Lambeau Field renovation won?t cause the league?s most venerable facility to sacrifice any of its charm or intimacy. ?I think it?s going to make it more in...

Source: Packers.com

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Packers: Lambeau expansion will cost taxpayers nothing

When the Packers announced today that they’re adding seats to Lambeau Field, they made a point of noting that the project won’t cost anything for taxpayers. Instead, the expansion of the south end zone seating area, which will add about 6,600 seats beginning with the 2013 season, will be paid for with loans and possibly…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
interesting to see what it will look like when its all done. seen the drawing but going to wait to weigh in until its done.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers need to keep adding revenue to keep pace with these mega stadiums. At least we arent making huge interest payments I guess.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
We have the oldest stadium in the league I believe, and this makes it even better.

You guys remember the Niners complaining about Candlestick Park and wanting a brand new stadium? Us Pack fans never have to worry about that! Go Pack Go! They know we'd never trade Lambeau for anything.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have the oldest stadium in the league I believe, and this makes it even better.

You guys remember the Niners complaining about Candlestick Park and wanting a brand new stadium? Us Pack fans never have to worry about that! Go Pack Go! They know we'd never trade Lambeau for anything.
I don't get it....

Seems like each stadium is torn down and rebuilt after like 10-20 yrs.
But Lambeau is still there.
Why is every other stadium rebuilt but Lambeau? Is it built with stronger material?
It's not like they are built out of wood or cardboard. What a waste of resources and material.

And don't get me started on how the new ones are re-named as nothing but a goldburn advertisement. Calling it Nike Arena just doesn't have the same ring to it as say Arrowhead Stadium.
"There goes Jordy Nelson doing the Verizon Wireless Park Leap."

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
This is pretty sweet news. I posted in the VIP section about the waiting list for club level seats not that long ago, but for anyone else interested the waiting list for club level seats is only 3-5 years. Should make some people pretty darn excited.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Is great news to hear. Reading the comments on PFT and all the Packers bashers couldn't help but awe at the idea that the Packers themselves are going to pay for this renovation, and I am just salviating at the idea of a stock sale. Got money in the bank for it.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get it....

Seems like each stadium is torn down and rebuilt after like 10-20 yrs.
But Lambeau is still there.
Why is every other stadium rebuilt but Lambeau? Is it built with stronger material?
It's not like they are built out of wood or cardboard. What a waste of resources and material.

And don't get me started on how the new ones are re-named as nothing but a goldburn advertisement. Calling it Nike Arena just doesn't have the same ring to it as say Arrowhead Stadium.
"There goes Jordy Nelson doing the Verizon Wireless Park Leap."
Much cheaper to build a new one than to reform an old one (if you're going for the kill, to get a state of the art stadium).

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is pretty sweet news. I posted in the VIP section about the waiting list for club level seats not that long ago, but for anyone else interested the waiting list for club level seats is only 3-5 years. Should make some people pretty darn excited.

I had season club seats last year. Randomly someone mentioned that they were available, and sure enough they were. Hated the people around me and am too busy this year to commit to going to all the games.

20 year old behind me one game must of had his first beer. I debated if dealing with him would be worth a lifetime ban from Lambeau, thats how annoyed I was.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had season club seats last year. Randomly someone mentioned that they were available, and sure enough they were. Hated the people around me and am too busy this year to commit to going to all the games.

20 year old behind me one game must of had his first beer. I debated if dealing with him would be worth a lifetime ban from Lambeau, thats how annoyed I was.

Those seats look like they will be even further away from the football field.
Only a nut would get any of those seats.
I understand that a live football experience is awesome, but I just don't see how having those further seats away is going to be beneficial to the fan who wants his/her monies worth.

No thanx. I'll save tons of money not by switching to Geico, but by not buying any football tickets.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I wish Lambeau still looked like that. I miss the way the Stadium used to look. My dad took me to my first game when I was four and I have only missed two home games since(except for the Milwaukee games). Memories.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I showed one of my new fellow Packer fans that photo,...and they asked if there was a cloud over most of it!!

still cracks me up...it was kind of a dismal day...and they sky looks like it could of been... but still!

:D

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts