Packers announce dates for the Packer's Training Camp "

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers Thursday announced practice dates and times for 2005 training camp, one of the most distinctive fan experiences in the National Football League.

From July 26-Aug. 28, the Packers will conduct nearly five weeks of practices, most of which are free and open to the public, weather permitting. In an era when many teams are limiting their access to fans, Packers training camp remains open into the preseason's final week. Most NFL teams close all practices following their second preseason game.

OP
OP
P

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2005 Green Bay Packers Training Camp Schedule

posted 05/26/2005

Daily Practice Locations & Notes
Any practices moved inside to the Don Hutson Center due to inclement weather, poor field conditions or for other reasons will be closed to the public due to space limitations. All other practices will be open to the public unless indicated otherwise. All outdoor practices are expected to be held on Clarke Hinkle Field (adjacent to Oneida Street).

(a) indicates formal post-practice autograph sessions by selected players for fans randomly chosen from among those in attendance that day (dates subject to change without notice)

Day Date Practice Times
Tuesday July 26 8:45 AM - Rookies , No Pads
1:30 PM - Rookies , No Pads

Wednesday July 27 8:45 AM - Rookies , No Pads
PM - Closed Practice

Thursday July 28 No Practice - Physical Testing & Welcome Back Luncheon

Friday July 29 8:45 AM - No Pads (a)
2:45 PM - Pads

Saturday July 30 8:45 AM - Pads (a)
2:45 PM - No Pads

Sunday July 31 8:45 AM - Pads (a)

Monday August 1 8:45 AM - Pads (a)
2:15 PM - Special Teams

Tuesday August 2 8:45 AM - Pads (a)

Wednesday August 3 8:45 AM - Pads (a)

Thursday August 4 AM - No Practice
5:45 PM - Pads (Buffalo)

Friday August 5 8:45 AM - No Pads (Buffalo) (a)
6:00 PM - Family Night

Saturday August 6 No Practice

Sunday August 7 AM - No Practice
PM - Closed Practice

Monday August 8 8:45 AM - Pads (a)

Tuesday August 9 8:45 AM - Pads (a)

Wednesday August 10 Closed Practice

Thursday August 11 SAN DIEGO - 7:00 PM - LAMBEAU

Friday August 12 No Practice

Saturday August 13 AM - No Practice
PM - Closed Practice

Sunday August 14 8:45 AM - Pads (a)

Monday August 15 8:45 AM - Pads (a)

Tuesday August 16 8:45 AM - Pads (a)

Wednesday August 17 8:45 AM - Pads (a)

Thursday August 18 8:45 AM - Pads (a)

Friday August 19 Closed Practice

Saturday August 20 at BUFFALO - 5:00 PM

Sunday August 21 No Practice

Monday August 22 1:00 PM - Special Teams
1:30 PM - Pads (a)

Tuesday August 23 1:00 PM - Special Teams

Wednesday August 24 11:00 AM - Special Teams
11:30 AM - No Pads (a)

Thursday August 25 Closed Practice

Friday August 26 NEW ENGLAND - 7:00 PM - LAMBEAU

Saturday August 27 No Practice

Sunday August 28 1:00 PM - Special Teams

Monday August 29 Practices closed to public for remainder of 2005 season

Thursday September 1 at TENNESSEE - 7:00 PM

All times Central and subject to change.

NOTE: not all players participate in special teams practices

OP
OP
P

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to extend an invitation to all Packer fans on this Packer Forum to come to Green Bay and Wisconsin this summer. Make it a Wisconsin/Green Bay Packer training camp Vacation this year. Especially during the opening week of practice, when a celebration is held called Summer Tradition Days in Lambeau Field parking lot, When the dates and activities are announced by the Packers, I will post the information. I posted a series of postings to Td on the Introductory board under "Newby from New England." TD is coming to G.B. for the New England Patriot -Packer pre season game at Lambeau in August. They will spend a few days in Green BAy for the game. I gave TD everything one would need to know about Green Bay, the atrium, things to do in Green Bay, and Wisconsin. I suggested since TD was coming to G.B. to see a game, it would be worth it for her and family to make it a Green Bay Packer and a Wisconsin vacation . Wisconsin is beautiful state with all it's lakes, rivers, forests, State parks and it's tourist attractions. You can do almost any outdoor activity you can think of. Fishing, Swimming, Camping, Hiking, Biking golfing . Any many other activities like huge water parks, amusement rides etc. Of coarse, Coming to Green BAy taking in Lambeau Field, and it's atrium with Curley's Restaurant, Packer Hall of Fame, Packer Pro Shops (Packer logo mdse galore available),Tour of Lambeau Field and see the Packer summer Training session in the Bleechers which are close up to the practice field across the street from LambeauField. The only cost to you would be if you wish to take the tour of Lambeau Field $7.00 and go through thePacker Hall of Fame $8.00. No charge to get into the Atrium or watch the Packer Training camp sessions.This sounds like like a Green Bay/Wisconsin commercial. But we Green Bayites/Wisconsinites are proud of the Packers and Our State. And We like Packer fans, Pro Football Fans from any N.F.L. team and tourist to come here and visit us!! If you have any intention of coming to Green Bay for a game or to see Lambeau Field or view Packer summer training Camp session, you might want to click on the the introductory board, you may find my postings to TD, of interest to you. They are very comprehensive and cover such subjects as Packer Tickets, hotel availability on Packer home game weekend and many other things.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good post PW - And to add a small tidbit to the whole thing...

Don't forget the short drive over to Appleton, and Lombardi's Restaurant as well.
Heck, you're already gone that far, a short 20 minute drive west.. and it should be great fun!

I'm planning on a few games at the new Miller Park with the Brew Crew.
Course, my bud, over in St. Louis is wanting me to make it over to Busch Stadium before they close it down, too!
(I think I need a second job or some lottery winnings....)

A few years back, I used to live around the Lake Geneva area for over a decade.. still have a few friends over that way and have watched how the Fox River has gone upscale, from the way it used to be.. all rustic & such... nowadays, livin' on the river is pretty darn expensive... go figure... back in the 70's we could have bought all that up pretty much for a song. Now look at it. No more skinny-dipping these days... fer sure!

OP
OP
P

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez. Living on any water is expensive. It is mega bucks by the foot for water front property in Wi. taxes on cottage with lake front are very high. Most cottage have been passed down gereration to generation. You are talking about high prices when you talk about lake Geneva. Chicago people have driven up prices there as they have done in Door County. Door County residents can no longer afford to buy property or houses in Door County. Local have been priced out of their own County by Chicago people. . I was at Miller to see the Cubs play the Brewers with 31,000 Fans at Miller for the game, just about all Cub Fans with their Cub logo clothes on. Cubs lost in 10 th inning. . My buddy & I try to make it to Miller on Thursday, it is senior citizen !/2 price day. Appleton has great restaurants and is a very progressive and nice town. Appleton is very progressive and Green BAy has to keep on it's toes, because our area is alwys trying to keep up with Appleton.But Green Bay has the Packers which helps bring in $474.9 M into Green Bay/Brown County in Tourist dollars up 7.8% placing it 5th in Wi last year. Appleton/Outsagsmie County had $283.34 millions tourist dollar down 1.7 percent last year and 8th in tourist dollars in Wi.. Of coarse The Packers and renovated Lambeau Field made the difference . Packer summer training camp draws many thousands of Packer and Pro Football fans from all over the world. Tourism is big business in Wisconsin to the tune of $11.8 Billion in '04.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the update PW - Listen - when we get ready to head that way - I'll post it here and we can meet up for that brewski ya owe... me! :lol:

In the end, it could be as many as 6 - 10 people going to the game... I'll probably be bringing 3 or 4 with me from Indiana... Watch for it!

Maybe we can time one of those trips just right to take in Training Camp, too!

OP
OP
P

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBPrez Fine with me!! I'll be the long time Packer fan with in light Desert tan hat(Crocoadile Dundee type) with the visor of hat covering my ears and my shades on usually wearing a white Golf shirt with Packer logo G on it. I am out at most Packer summer camp training sessions except Friday.. Look forward to meeting you in person. Are Indiana fans good tailgaters? Which Packer game are you thinking about coming for?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well. - look at it this way - Packer Fans who are originally from Wiscosnin, like to brag about "Wisconsin Hospitality"... and after a time of living there myself - I know exactly what that means.... It doesn't include conversation like "why don't you go back where you belong".... if you get my drift. That type of talk is what Colts fans hand us around Indy... without cause, I might add. Hence my motto created with which to oversee the IndyPackerBackers....

<center>"There's always room for one more Packerfan!"</center>

As far as tailgating? Hmmm, let's see - last year I gathered a few friends around me for the Packers/Colts game - I did this by first purchasing over 400 tickets so we could all go - then, I picked up 1500 brats and 6 giant keggers of Miller Lite - grabbed the local top-drawer Blues band - www.tonycheese.com - Tony likened himself to being the biggest Cheesehead in Indiana - well, I figured I'd call him on that one, and brought a few friends to watch.... All-in-all around 800 Packerfans showed up for out tailgate party, including the Yaeger Girls and HatWorld...

Yepper, I think I know how to tailgate - ya see, I learned from living in Wisconsin for over ten years... just exactly how it gets done! Once we meet up? I think we'll do just fine!

OP
OP
P

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IBPrez-I am imprerssed. You are quite a promoter Didn't know the Packers had a big following in Indy, but I know there are Packer fans all over the big wide world. This franchise has come a long way in the last 86 years from being a town to being the most respected franchise in the N.F.L. I respect every pro football team and their fans. We welcome everybody to Green BAy and Lambeau Field with friendship. There is usually competitive conversations going on between the Packer fans and oppossing team fans. All fans going to Lambeau Field are expected to behave themselves, sometimes alcohol consumption causes problems on both sides and the police have to step in, For 70,000 people in the stadium, there are very few problems and a few arrests, mostly the unruly fans. There are some people who are fans of other teams who call into on our local sports call in shows. They are tolerated by Packer fans in G.B. and are allowed to talk about their team . There are two Bothers in G.B. who are big Bear fans, one is very vocal about it on a local call in show. Every year he makes a bet with the talk show host. Last season if he lost he had to wear Packer logo clothing with a sign on it and appear a a charity fund raising event at the largest Mall in Green Bay, He like the Bears, lost the bet. He carried out the bet and really did do a good job raising funds for the charity. That how things go in Green Bay.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spot on, PW - spot on..... Never said better, in fact!

Those fans that cannot, or will not, behave like Adults are what we like to call Eagles, or Bucs fans... Usually with commentary meant for the Junior High Playground. People with half a brain automatically know better... The others (as we have seen) usually make the rest look back, and haven't a clue that's what they've just done, either! CLUELESS, totally.....
A shame, really.... (don't forget quite a few Raiders fans, too!)

When it comes to football season - there's only one way to look at it -

"Each Fan is an emissary for their Team and it's their responsibility to force the rest of the World to see "their Team" with envy...not revulsion.."

Hence the worldwide pride we packerfans have - We're DIEHARD PACKERFANS!
You will never see a Courtroom in the basement of "our" Stadium.

As the best emissaries in football - we also enjoy the best rapport in football.
Our Tourism "flourishes" beause of that one single approach...
Tell me - why do it any other way? All you do is rip yourself off for all that Tourist dollar.
Why shoot yourself, and your Team and along the way, YouR Town in the foot like that..
Not real smart, after all!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went back in 02 when the Hall of Fame was closed and there was construction at Lambeau. I still had a good time. My son had never experienced a few things:

live deer in the wild
a huge thunderstorm
gas stations where you pump before you pay
a lot of undivided highways
cheese curds
swarms of mosquitoes
communities serious about football

He was quite suprised to have access to the players like that.

The exact opposite is Al Davis. The Raiders promised economic impact to Napa and got huge concessions. The allow visitors for one 1/2 day during the whole of camp for "Media Day". The field is all blocked off and if someone tries to peek between tarps security guards will shoo them away.

The 49'ers are slightly better but it is nothing compared to the Packers.

I don't think everyone fully appreciates how unique access to the Packers during training camp is compared to the rest of the league.

In this era, one psycho with a gun could spoil the whole thing. Appreciate it while you can. I hope Ahman's soon to be ex doesn't show. I hate to say that but it is a wonderful experience and I know the Green Bay businesses like everyone to come. Again, appreciate it while you can.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts