Packers 2021 Mock Draft String Theory

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me there's about 12 players that are very realistic possibilities for the Packers pick at 29. Each of the picks would be the start of a different string with different players going to the Packers in the rounds to follow based on the direction they choose to go at #29.

Obviously there's two other possibilities which is the trade up or the trade down at 29 which should also be strings and then the groups of players would start their own strings blah blah blah. Idk that I have time for all that but I'm definitely gonna make it thru what I think are all the possible selections at 29...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Draft sub-forum....and expound fully before sharing LOL :) I think I know what you're saying, and agree if I'm right.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
To me there's about 12 players that are very realistic possibilities for the Packers pick at 29. Each of the picks would be the start of a different string with different players going to the Packers in the rounds to follow based on the direction they choose to go at #29.

Obviously there's two other possibilities which is the trade up or the trade down at 29 which should also be strings and then the groups of players would start their own strings blah blah blah. Idk that I have time for all that but I'm definitely gonna make it thru what I think are all the possible selections at 29...
Keyboard abortion in mid thought???

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
String one:

#29 Terrance Marshall Jr LSU WR 6-2 205
Off memory this dude caught a td like once every 4 receptions over the past two seasons. The old chris carter all he does is catch touchdowns. With 4.39 speed 39 in vert 19 reps and 10+ foot broad jump he's got the size, speed, strength,explosiveness, and ball tracking ability to develop quickly into one of Rodgers favorite targets. And with MVS likely to depart in free agency after the season marshall jr becomes a ready made upgrade as they both excel on similar routes.

#62 Eric Stokes Georgia CB 6-1 185
Put on this dudes tape and you realize real quick that he's a play maker plain and simple. You know how some guys grab an int and fall down and the greats grab a pick and immediately are thinking 6. Well idk if stokes will turn out to be great but when he gets the chance he's trying to score. His 4.25 speed certainly helps...

#92 Jamin Davis Kentucky LB 6-3 234
Finally an ilb who can cover and not only that hes a playmaker picking off 3 passes on 295 coverage snaps in 2020. He also had 36 stops as defined by off as a successful play for the defense. He's also an athletic freak 4.48 speed 11 foot broad jump 42 in vert etc

#135 Chris Evans Michigan RB 5-11 219
Evans is a prototypical feature back if he can put it all together mentally. He has a nose for the end zone and finishing plays in general. And key for mlf offense he can run routes and catch the ball like a wr. I know he's had some off the field stuff but he has a shot to be really really good and I think at the least he's a good backup.

#142 Bobby Brown III Texas A&M DL 6-4 321
Big guy with some pass rush ability, I believe he recorded 5 sacks in 2020 on just 188 pass rush attempts. I think he could play all over the line in green bay and be an upgrade certainly over lancaster but hopefully over lowry as well.

*Trade* Packers get #154 Packers give up #173/#220

#154 Shakur Brown Michigan State CB 5-11 190
Another playmaker and he's the most efficient of the lot. Obviously not a huge sample size but over 77 targets during his college career he recorded 7 ints and 3 tds. Can't have enough guys like that...

#178 Sadarius Hutherson South Carolina G 6-4 320
Very very athletic iol prospect that should have a chance to develop into a starter at guard. Better run blocker than pass blocker at this point but if the coaches can get him to clean up his pass pro, they'll have something.

#214 Cole Van Lanen Wisconsin T 6-5 312
Some people don't think he can play tackle in the league. I think he has a chance to be a mark tauscher like guy. He excels in the run game which isn't surprising coming out of WI. He's a good depth piece on the line that might be able to play both tackle and guard.

#256 Jimmy Morrissey Pittsburgh C 6-3 305
A bit undersized but a great athlete for an offensive lineman. He'll have no problem getting to the second level something that Linsley was pretty good at. I could see him actually winning the starting center job as a longshot but at the very least being a solid backup inside. Gave up just 3 sacks over 1436 pass blocking snaps during his career at Pitt.

Last edited:
OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I'm working this election right now so I just didn't have time to post the first string yet. Which I just did, it's WR LSU Terrance Marshall Jr.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Draft sub-forum....and expound fully before sharing LOL :) I think I know what you're saying, and agree if I'm right.

Oh haha yeah didn't realize I wasn't in the draft section...like I said Im working this election. Trying not to pay too much attention to either this or the election. Wanna maintain a happy medium between work and personal

But basically I think itll be interesting to see how the drafts change based on what player/position goes first...

Latest posts