Packers 2015 Opponents

Megatron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see the lions D line making the whole defense better, and while Ngata is good, he is past his prime and if that line is 50% of what it was last season it will be a surprise. I think the Vikings will challenge you guys for the #2 spot in the division. Will Stafford progress as a QB? Or is this as good as he gets?

You guys way over value Fairley. He may have his one and only good year this year, but it's very doubtful he stays healthy any length of time. He is the definition of injury prone. If he does manage to put in a good year, he'll sign a contract and be the next Albert Haynesworth. If the Lions draft one of the better DTs high, I expect their DL to be better than last year. They still had one of the best defenses in the league with Suh and CJ Mosely in the middle, Mosely is terrible. Ngata + another good talent would at least be a wash. The hype machine is in full effect, Suh is good but he is over valued.

The DL was a strength, but it wasn't THAT good. Their defense was rated so highly because of talent all over the defense. DeAndre Levy, the best 4-3 LBer in the league, along with other good LBers. A top 3 free safety and a top 5 strong safety. Two top 16 CBs, one very young one old.. but that's what the draft is for. Last season there was also a rash of injuries on defense, guys will be back, Ngata is there, high draft pick at DT easily replaces Fairley, Ansah will be another year better... fans everywhere overvalued Suh, but most Lions fans aren't worried about our defense for a reason. We are more worried about our offense returning to top 5 after a tough season learning a new system, and having suffered injuries. Our OL was demolished all year and it made the offense as well as Stafford look a lot worse.

The Vikings will be better, but they don't have the same level of talent. Schwartz isn't the HC in Detroit anymore, and there's a reason the Lions went 11-5 despite many more injuries than previous years.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys way over value Fairley. He may have his one and only good year this year, but it's very doubtful he stays healthy any length of time. He is the definition of injury prone. If he does manage to put in a good year, he'll sign a contract and be the next Albert Haynesworth. If the Lions draft one of the better DTs high, I expect their DL to be better than last year. They still had one of the best defenses in the league with Suh and CJ Mosely in the middle, Mosely is terrible. Ngata + another good talent would at least be a wash. The hype machine is in full effect, Suh is good but he is over valued.

The DL was a strength, but it wasn't THAT good. Their defense was rated so highly because of talent all over the defense. DeAndre Levy, the best 4-3 LBer in the league, along with other good LBers. A top 3 free safety and a top 5 strong safety. Two top 16 CBs, one very young one old.. but that's what the draft is for. Last season there was also a rash of injuries on defense, guys will be back, Ngata is there, high draft pick at DT easily replaces Fairley, Ansah will be another year better... fans everywhere overvalued Suh, but most Lions fans aren't worried about our defense for a reason. We are more worried about our offense returning to top 5 after a tough season learning a new system, and having suffered injuries. Our OL was demolished all year and it made the offense as well as Stafford look a lot worse.

The Vikings will be better, but they don't have the same level of talent. Schwartz isn't the HC in Detroit anymore, and there's a reason the Lions went 11-5 despite many more injuries than previous years.
I guess we'll have to see bc I think you're overvaluing ngata at this point in his career.

Levy is a weird dude. I mean that in a respectable way, in that he is just different. I've watched him his whole career along with college obviously, and like his passion. The one thing about great LBers is all the greats had a great D line in front of them. Without that D line I'm curious how he will do.

D

Deleted member 6794

I really wonder if Ngata is a great fit for a 4-3 defense. I think the Lions defense will be significant weaker than in 2014 because of losing Suh and Fairley.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really wonder if Ngata is a great fit for a 4-3 defense. I think the Lions defense will be significant weaker than in 2014 because of losing Suh and Fairley.

I agree. I'm somewhat surprised that they ended up losing both.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts