Packers 2015 Opponents

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know that seattle game is gonna be a primetime game. NFL would be stupid not to make it a sunday or monday nighter. It won't help heal the pain of the NFCCG which will always live in packers infamy, but I'll be very angry if they don't win that game. The Packers owe it to the damn fans.

Wish they would all be Sunday noon or 3:00 games. I really don't like the prime time crap and I'm sure the coaches and players feel the same way.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm as devastated as anyone about the way the season ended, but we go 12-4 and make the conference championship and you go ahead and pencil in losses next year to a 5-11 team, a 9-7 team on the downslide, and a home loss to Seattle though we were 9-0 at home this year.

We have work to do but we don't have any "automatic" losses next year.

Exactly. We won't beat everybody but I think realistically we can beat everybody so that means none are automatic loses.

When I say realistically I mean we have a legit shot at it and not an "any given Sunday" chance where a bad team pulls one out of its behind and beats a clearly superior team.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We´re playing the Cowboys at home next season.
That's what I heard and I was planning on going to that game. I was bummed when I didn't see them on the link but it seems you have some info that the NFC-E team is indeed Dallas. I am surrounded by Boys fans here in OK and my buddy who moved from Tulsa to Cedarburg is a huge fan of them as well. I would love nothing more than to witness Dallas getting beat and coming home to describe the game in vivid details to all buddies. We were planning on going to that game so I sure hope you are right my friend!

D

Deleted member 6794

That's what I heard and I was planning on going to that game. I was bummed when I didn't see them on the link but it seems you have some info that the NFC-E team is indeed Dallas. I am surrounded by Boys fans here in OK and my buddy who moved from Tulsa to Cedarburg is a huge fan of them as well. I would love nothing more than to witness Dallas getting beat and coming home to describe the game in vivid details to all buddies. We were planning on going to that game so I sure hope you are right my friend!

Teams play two games per season vs. teams out of the same conference that finished in the same position in their respective division during the previous season in addition to playing all teams out of one division.

Both the Packers and the Cowboys won their division in 2014 so they´ll face off at Lambeau in 2015.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Awesome! So stoked for another 10 or 11 win season, a division championship, and the one playoff game we'll get to play!

should be a great season.
Glass is half empty poster I see. To each there own.
Teams play two games per season vs. teams out of the same conference that finished in the same position in their respective division during the previous season in addition to playing all teams out of one division.

Both the Packers and the Cowboys won their division in 2014 so they´ll face off at Lambeau in 2015.
That just made my day! I can smell the brats already and look forward to being back in WISCO with all my fellow Cheeseheads! I just hope they schedule that game later in the year because I don't want to go to a 55 degree game. I want a bone chilling, brandy sipping kinda day baby! Thanks for the input WIMM!

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, two playoff games this year. Yup, that second one was glass totally empty, but...

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Awesome! So stoked for another 10 or 11 win season, a division championship, and the one playoff game we'll get to play!

should be a great season.

You could hop on the Bears bandwagon and look forward to a rebuild, hop on the Vikings bandwagon and dream of what it would be like to win a Super Bowl, or hop on the Lions bandwagon and hope this is the year you can win your first playoff game in 23 years. (We've won 18 since then). Plenty of room on those bandwagons.

You've got it pretty good as a Packer fan. There are no guarantees for any team any year.

Fuzzy Butkus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. We won't beat everybody but I think realistically we can beat everybody so that means none are automatic loses.

When I say realistically I mean we have a legit shot at it and not an "any given Sunday" chance where a bad team pulls one out of its behind and beats a clearly superior team.

Hey, gang, my first post. Every year, I do a little analysis of the upcoming season based on numbers from this season-- average number of points scored and allowed, home field advantage, and so on. Of course, using 2014 stats to predict 2015 results doesn't give a 100% accurate picture, but it's a start.

The good news-- it looks like we have a very favorable schedule. True, we have to play the Seahawks and the Cowboys, but in the friendly confines of Lambeau rather on the road. I don't rank the Packers as the best team in the NFL, but I don't see them losing a home game-- shades of the '90's. On the road, there will be some tough tests, to be sure-- Lions are now a threat, Minnesota and Chicago with new coaches are question marks. Cardinals faded this year after a promising start, KC is good but not great, 49ers were a disappointment that will take some time to turn around, Oakland is, well, Oakland. The only game I see the Packers losing is Denver, and that could depend on if Peyton Manning returns. 15-1, bay-bee!

My number-crunching crystal ball has Dallas and Seattle both finishing 13-3, New Orleans takes the NFC South at 9-7. Philadelphia also has a fortunate schedule and will get a wild card at 13-3 (losing tiebreaker to Dallas for NFC East crown), Atlanta squeaks in at 8-8, everyone else in the NFC has a losing record. (So say the numbers, anyway.) With the #1 seed, nobody beats us at home, so we're off to San Fran for SB 50.

New England and Denver both finish 13-3, but with a favorable schedule, it's the Ravens' year at 14-2 to get the top seed, so that's who we meet-- and beat-- to bring the Lombardi trophy back home.

The better news-- if we get Cobb and Bulaga back, we're substantially the same team, if not better. If we stay as healthy as we did this year and we win the games we're supposed to, it'll be championship #14.

Again, this is based on statistics, not wishful thinking, though of course there are three types of falsehoods-- lies, damned lies, and statistics. Do I guarantee results? No, but my gun-to-my-head answer is the Packers win the Super Bowl next season.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, gang, my first post. Every year, I do a little analysis of the upcoming season based on numbers from this season-- average number of points scored and allowed, home field advantage, and so on. Of course, using 2014 stats to predict 2015 results doesn't give a 100% accurate picture, but it's a start.

The good news-- it looks like we have a very favorable schedule. True, we have to play the Seahawks and the Cowboys, but in the friendly confines of Lambeau rather on the road. I don't rank the Packers as the best team in the NFL, but I don't see them losing a home game-- shades of the '90's. On the road, there will be some tough tests, to be sure-- Lions are now a threat, Minnesota and Chicago with new coaches are question marks. Cardinals faded this year after a promising start, KC is good but not great, 49ers were a disappointment that will take some time to turn around, Oakland is, well, Oakland. The only game I see the Packers losing is Denver, and that could depend on if Peyton Manning returns. 15-1, bay-bee!

My number-crunching crystal ball has Dallas and Seattle both finishing 13-3, New Orleans takes the NFC South at 9-7. Philadelphia also has a fortunate schedule and will get a wild card at 13-3 (losing tiebreaker to Dallas for NFC East crown), Atlanta squeaks in at 8-8, everyone else in the NFC has a losing record. (So say the numbers, anyway.) With the #1 seed, nobody beats us at home, so we're off to San Fran for SB 50.

New England and Denver both finish 13-3, but with a favorable schedule, it's the Ravens' year at 14-2 to get the top seed, so that's who we meet-- and beat-- to bring the Lombardi trophy back home.

The better news-- if we get Cobb and Bulaga back, we're substantially the same team, if not better. If we stay as healthy as we did this year and we win the games we're supposed to, it'll be championship #14.

Again, this is based on statistics, not wishful thinking, though of course there are three types of falsehoods-- lies, damned lies, and statistics. Do I guarantee results? No, but my gun-to-my-head answer is the Packers win the Super Bowl next season.
Not much of a threat if they have a losing record.
What Vegas busting formula did you use to come up with this again?
I do not fear Denver, especially WITH Peyton. He is done.

About the only thing I can agree with at this point. Should have been for a repeat though.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Putting much stock in schedules before the season even starts is pretty dumb. Fact is, we have no clue who will and wont be good next season. The current day NFL is a year to year league. Teams that sucked last year will be good this year. Teams that were good last year will suck this year. Nothing is guaranteed anymore.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just like Brady was at the start of last year?I'll take you up on that bet. 4x MVP who even hampered with a torn right quad over the last month of the season, still managed to throw for 4727 yards and 39 touchdowns. Full off-season of rest, new coach who will run the ball more to take pressure off Manning and all the record breaking motivation in the world. Father time is undeafeated, yet I still can't bring myself to call it on Peyton just yet.

D

Deleted member 6794

Just like Brady was at the start of last year?I'll take you up on that bet. 4x MVP who even hampered with a torn right quad over the last month of the season, still managed to throw for 4727 yards and 39 touchdowns. Full off-season of rest, new coach who will run the ball more to take pressure off Manning and all the record breaking motivation in the world. Father time is undeafeated, yet I still can't bring myself to call it on Peyton just yet.

I think Peyton will once again be a great regular season QB but once the weather turns cold and going gets tough I don't expect him to be succesful anymore.

D

Deleted member 6794

Putting much stock in schedules before the season even starts is pretty dumb. Fact is, we have no clue who will and wont be good next season. The current day NFL is a year to year league. Teams that sucked last year will be good this year. Teams that were good last year will suck this year. Nothing is guaranteed anymore.

It's even more questionable doing it before free agency has even started or the draft has been held.

Megatron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we have automatic losses to SF and Seattle next season. Probably one loss to the Bears, since John Fox is a better HC than MM. Maybe one loss to the Lions, since they are up and coming. Probably a loss to Arizona since they have a good defense and our O stinks against good defenses.

Probably lose one to the bears and only maybe lose one to the lions? The Lions are 3 times the team the bears could even hope to be next year.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably lose one to the bears and only maybe lose one to the lions? The Lions are 3 times the team the bears could even hope to be next year.

Well, he did call the Lions 'up and coming' which some would disagree with. I would take it as a compliment.

Fuzzy Butkus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not much of a threat if they have a losing record.
What Vegas busting formula did you use to come up with this again?

About the only thing I can agree with at this point. Should have been for a repeat though.

Not about to divulge my formula, but my average payback this year was $1.30 for every buck wagered. I've had better years, some bad ones, but mostly I come out ahead, and we're talking about beating the spread, not just straight-up winners. And I've done well in the Pick'Em pools I've participated in over the years, usually finish in the top 10 or 15 percent or so.

OTOH, I'll admit the system completely failed on my Packers prediction this year when I looked at the mediocre 2013 season in trying to predict this year's record.

Take it for whatever you want. Just thought I'd share.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Not about to divulge my formula, but my average payback this year was $1.30 for every buck wagered.
Welcome to the board, Fuzzy Butkus. (From your first post it looks like you're a Packers fan so I'd be interested why you use "Butkus".)

With regard to your formula and betting, do you play every game? Perhaps you could post your picks vs. the spread right before game time in the upcoming season? BTW, my formula says the Packers will lose more than one game but it too is double secret! ;)

Fuzzy Butkus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to the board, Fuzzy Butkus. (From your first post it looks like you're a Packers fan so I'd be interested why you use "Butkus".)

With regard to your formula and betting, do you play every game? Perhaps you could post your picks vs. the spread right before game time in the upcoming season? BTW, my formula says the Packers will lose more than one game but it too is double secret! ;)

No, not every game, just those where I think the line is way wrong, and not every week-- sometimes real life intrudes. So my results are probably skewed due to an insufficient sample, but I just wanted to challenge the vague implication that I was making this up.

Now that I'm here, I'll probably make my picks known (at least regarding the Packers), but I'm usually too occupied to do so right before the game so it won't be a detailed rundown of my action.

Why Fuzzy Butkus? I was listening to a morning radio show once, and a guy who was trying to break into sportscasting was asking for help in picking an on-air name. Fuzzy Butkus was the winner, and I always liked that one! I doubt the young man actually used it.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
No, not every game, just those where I think the line is way wrong, and not every week-- sometimes real life intrudes. So my results are probably skewed due to an insufficient sample, but I just wanted to challenge the vague implication that I was making this up.
If you are betting and (and mostly) winning I don't think there's any such thing as an insufficient sample size. I would suggest you list the games with lines you view as "way wrong" to verify what you're saying.

Megatron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, he did call the Lions 'up and coming' which some would disagree with. I would take it as a compliment.

Well, my main point is the bears suck. They were 5-11, the lions were 11-5 with all new coaches and schemes. If the injury bug didn't hit them so hard I can imagine them easily doing better. I just think the odds of losing to a joke team are much more than losing to a solidly good one.

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes it may be too early too look at 2015 but the packers 2015 home and away opponents are out.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I like this schedule I have a few chances to catch several games. I live in AZ, so Phoenix for sure, Im only hours from Oakland so for sure will be at that game too. And only 14 hours to Denver. (im use to driving long distances) so have a shot a three games.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finally Seattle coming to GB, that one is going to be interesting to see how Seattle plays in Lambeau

Reminds me of the old rivalry with Dallas in the '90's. They beat the Pack three straight seasons in the playoffs and had at least two more regular season wins- all down there. When they finally came up to Lambeau in 1997 the Pack walloped them 45-17. May history repeat.

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reminds me of the old rivalry with Dallas in the '90's. They beat the Pack three straight seasons in the playoffs and had at least two more regular season wins- all down there. When they finally came up to Lambeau in 1997 the Pack walloped them 45-17. May history repeat.

Seattle is finished. I dont think they are great anymore, They did not beat us, we beat ourselves in that match. And for some reason, since that championship match everytime i look, wilson and cutler are starting to look alike.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle is finished. I dont think they are great anymore, They did not beat us, we beat ourselves in that match. And for some reason, since that championship match everytime i look, wilson and cutler are starting to look alike.

Don't kid yourself. They'll be Green Bay's #1 obstacle to the title again next year.

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't kid yourself. They'll be Green Bay's #1 obstacle to the title again next year.

Watch that title match again and tell me you dont see Some Cutler in Wilson? :) Something Tells me now that Wilson got that super Pay Day, he is going to become Seattles Cutler.

Members online

Latest posts