Packer Forum 101

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
A "how do I?" help thread

To multi quote from a PC. I highlight the part I want to quote. Don't move the mouse off the highlighted part. A shaded box shows up for quote or reply. Click reply to immediately go to the reply box with the highlighted part automatically quoted. If you select quote you can go to another post and highlight there and do it again and again. The other posts don't have to even be in the same thread. When you have the last one you want, click reply instead of quote. Under the reply box appears the option to insert quotes. Select it. All the quotes properly attributed pop into the box. Type individual responses in the blank areas between the quotes. You can also break up posts to answer points one at a time this way.
I haven't learned to do it from my phone. I can only quote once. Or reply.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
A "how do I?" help thread

To multi quote from a PC. I highlight the part I want to quote. Don't move the mouse off the highlighted part. A shaded box shows up for quote or reply. Click reply to immediately go to the reply box with the highlighted part automatically quoted. If you select quote you can go to another post and highlight there and do it again and again. The other posts don't have to even be in the same thread. When you have the last one you want, click reply instead of quote. Under the reply box appears the option to insert quotes. Select it. All the quotes properly attributed pop into the box. Type individual responses in the blank areas between the quotes.
I haven't learned to do it from my phone. I can only quote once. Or reply.
Thank You, appreciate the help

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Learned something new today.
Normally when I post a link, it looks like this: http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/green-bay-packers
I figured there had to be a way to look like this. What to do is write the text you want, highlight it, click the chain link above, and insert the link like normal. The text will stay and become the title of the hyperlink.
The "official" way is harder to figure out. Need to hit the icon at the far right that has the wrench over the paper. This brings up the code view. Cut out the first ] after the url and before the link. Post the bracket and.... Know what? do it my way and insert a link using the old way and then call up the code view editor. I can't properly explain but it is obvious once you see it. I like the type and highlight method myself.

Latest posts