1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

packer fan since 1969

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by packer4bart, Nov 12, 2011.

1. packer4bart

packer4bart Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

I am from Des Moines, IA and lived in Iowa most of my life. I was a Packer fan since I was a little kid and a lot of the older kids at my school were Vikings fans and they gave me a pretty hard time. So I wrote this song in honor of my hero Bart Starr. This in no way is derogatory about Bart, he was my hero, but bullies at my school knew I was a huge fan of Bart and they taunted me with this. I was wishing Bart was there to set them straight. I did finally talk to Bart years later when I was living in Denver and he was on a radio talk show. I called in and told him what a hero he was to me (I didn't tell him what they taunted me with). Sorry about the sound quality.

• Like Like x 2
  2. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    Welcome to the forums. You're not alone in having Bart Starr as a childhood hero.

3. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Good job, 4bart. In yo' face Viking fans. Who's laughing now?????

4. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,429
    Welcome to the Family! Who doesn't love Bart Starr? He played before my time but I am honored to live in the shadow of his legend and all the wonderful things he did for the Packers! Viva Bart Starr!!! :)

5. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    Welcome! Looking forward to more musical tributes!! :)