Packer fan from Winnipeg!

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Everybody!

I'm a born and raised Winnipegger (Winnipeg, MB, Canada) who's been a Diehard Packer fan for just over 10 years or so! So far, i've only been to ONE Packer game (Last year's game @ Minnesota... Finally got to see Brett Favre... playing on the wrong team :wacko:), but i've got plans to see as many more as i can in the future, with an ULTIMATE life-long goal of visiting Green Bay and going to a Packer home game.

Living in Canada, I'm also a huge Canadian Football League (CFL) fan, and i've managed to combine my passion for both my NFL team and my CFL team (WPG BLUE BOMBERS!) as seen in my signature, which was used by the Bombers in a recent ad campaign. Known as the "Blue Cheese Crew", we get lots of compliments at Bomber games, but also our fair share of harassment (sadly, Manitoba is pretty much Vikings country...:dontknow:)

Anyways, I'm looking forward to discussing the NFL and the Packers with all of you through this season, and probably years to come!

Cheers!

(FYI, i'm the one on the right with the facepaint on in my sig!)

sask_cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome Pegger. It's a little bit too bad that you were made a Bomber fan by birth, because I can see that you are quite a smart fellow to choose the Packers over the Vikings as your favorite NFL team!

In all honesty, though, the Bombers are my second-favorite CFL team after the Riders, of course. I was actually born in WI but moved to SK 7 years ago. It was at that time that I became a Rider fan. It was by mutual agreement with my cousin-in-law (who lives in the Peg and is a big Bomber fan as well) that I came to root for the Bombers whenever they are not playing the Riders, and he does the same for the Riders. It confines the family rivalry to only 2 weeks out of the year!

I'll actually be going down to WI for Thanksgiving, but will be stopping in the Peg to watch the Grey Cup game at his place. So we're hoping for another Rider appearance with a different outcome this time around!

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
International population on this forum is growing that is for sure! Might have to get a mod where people can show the flag for their country!

Welcome to the forum!

OP
OP
Pegger Packer

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll actually be going down to WI for Thanksgiving, but will be stopping in the Peg to watch the Grey Cup game at his place. So we're hoping for another Rider appearance with a different outcome this time around!

I'm not even going to pretend that the Rider's grey cup loss last year didn't make me giddy like a school girl :happy:

I'm planning on heading to Regina for the LDC next year, first ever Bomber road game, should be good! gotta love the Rider-Bomber rivalry.

Thanks for the welcome wagon everybody!

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Oh my gosh, we are trying to close the U.S.- Mexican border, now we have to watch the Canadian border as well...lol. Welcome.

The Blue cheese heads look great.....maybe I'll get a Green one to match the Packer jersey.

Members online

Latest posts