Packer Fan From Chicago

PackersPete

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Through Facebook, Longtimefan convinced me to join.

I've been a lurker on these boards through Facebook for about 10 months.

Although I currently reside in Escondido, CA, I was born and raised in Gurnee, Ill. I grew up a Bears fan. I watched the Bears kick *** on SB XX 4 days before my 10th birthday.

Then, predictably, I realized a couple of years later that the Bears just plain sucked. They could have rivaled the 'Phins '72 perfect season if they hadn't made that horrible Super Bowl Shuffle and gotten so damn cocky. I stopped watching football after SB XXII. Lost interest altogether.

Then, in the summer of 1990, while living with my uncle above his bar in Chippewa Falls, WI, I recieved by mail, a bunch of videotapes of Favre playing at USM from a cousin who lived nearby. Watching Favre then was like watching Johnny McEntee at UConn now.

Favre re-ignited an interest in football for me. I've never been into the Draft or college football for that matter but I watched the '91 NFL Draft and started to keep my eye on the Dirty Birds that year. I don't need to remind anyone what happened 11 days after my 16th birthday.

I started following the Packers after that Draft. My parents were Wisconsin born and raised but they were still Bears fans. My sister was also a Bears fan still. The three of them are Bears fans to this day. I pity them....lol.

I learned all I could about the Packers. Soaked it all in. I'll proudly admit that I jumped on the Packers bandwagon because of Favre. He's still a football God in my eyes. He's also a traitor and piece of **** snake in the grass. Alas...I REFUSE to allow his mockery of what happened cloud the great things he gave me as an NFL fan, a Packer fan and Brett Favre fan.

All I know is, I bleed Green'n'GOLD(yes, I read the recent Green'n'Gold/Green'n'yellow thread) through my veins. I now live in Sandy Eggo. Home to the sorriest team to ever step foot on the gridiron. I wear my Packer gear every single day with pride.

It's been a long, tumultuous ride these past 20 years but I wouldn't give 'em up for the world.

I'm hopin' the Mods on this board don't give me too much ********. I'm a keyboard warrior in every sense of the word. Been online since I jumped on the Packers bandwagon back in '92.

This probably isn't the right forum to say this but that's never stopped me before so...

I don't know about you guys but...Jay Cutler has to be the biggest piece of **** your side of the Mississippi. 70 years after the game that created the playoffs and the game that IMO was bigger than SB XLV, he goes out 'cause he hurt his ****? Thanks Jay! You just gave us Packers fans 20-25 years worth of ammo against Bears fans.:happy0005:

Two things I've learned about football over the years...

AFC=Chess Match
NFC=Down'n'dirty, rough'n'tumble, Blue Collar, ****-in-the-dirt smashmouth football

AND

When it comes to the Black'n'Blue Division,

We still miss the Buccs as our *****es, The Viqueens will always be the real rival, Detroit isn't as bad a team as they let on and THE BEARS STILL SUCK!

:chisux:

OP
OP
PackersPete

PackersPete

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks longtimefan. :D You're right. There is no shame in ever being a Favre fan. I defended Favre until I heard one of his locker room interviews on ESPN. It went something like this....

Unknown Reporter: "Hey Favre! What about all those fans in Green Bay who say you're tarnishing the Favre legacy by playing for a rival?"

Brett Favre: *after scornfully giving the camera his trademark ********* look* "You see, (reporter's name) that's just the thing...it's not OUR legacy...it's MY legacy and I don't feel as if I'm tarnishing it...blah,blah,blah..."

After hearing that, the love affair was over. The divorce was final. I still had good memories of the kids but it was time to wish him well and laugh my balls off when the old man was dethroned.

He was dethroned alright. I LOVED that game Vs. the Bears at TCF Bank Stadium.

Now that he's retired, like an ex-lover you see at the bar, you forgive and forget and that's how I look at Favre.

Members online

Latest posts