1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packer 1st Round Pick

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by yooperfan, Jan 27, 2006.

1. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Draft Insiders has the Packers picking Chad Greenway LB out of Iowa at #5 in the 1st round.
    Mario Williams going to Detroit at #9 and AJ Hawk going to Arizona at #10.

I don't know anything about Greenway.

Any thoughts?

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    GreenWay........isn't dat where the PWackers Pway???(Sorry........another sad attempt at humor!!!)LOLOL!!! :lol:

3. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You're a poet and you don't know it.

4. shanks2122

shanks2122 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Greenway is having an excellent practice for the senior bowl but this guy is still ranked in the mid to late round of the 1st round we won't know anything about our 1st pic until the combine the senior bowl is mostly for guys that go after the top 10

5. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    That is the lowest I have heard Greenway projected to go and the first I have heard his name ahead of Hawk. IMO if we wanted to go with a Greenway we could trade down to say #9 and get a another 2nd round pick as I don't see any way Hawk and Greenway being gone by then.
    Greenway is a heck of a player that has made a big impression at the Senior Bowl practices. He's a real leader and his measurables are very close to Hawk. Unless his stock has just sky rocketed most of the draft guru's have him in the mid-teens of the 1st round.

6. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If we got Greenway or Kiwanuka and an upper half 2nd round pick in place of Hawk or Williams I think I would be OK with that.

7. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Finally cheesey.....a joke that was pretty funny! :wink:

8. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I don't think there's any chance of Greenway getting drafted ahead of Hawk regardless of the Senior Bowl. Greenway will be there mid to late first round IMO.