Pack interested in Henry?

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just curious to know what everyone else thinks about our RB situation? I believe we need to address the Def 1st, but I do see RB as an issue for GB. Green and Davenport are FAs after this season, and I am confident this will be Farve's last season. I would think GB would want to have one of these two positions, QB or RB, squared away before next season? Does anyone think trading Davenport to Buffalo for Travis Henry would be a good move? With James and Alexander in the forefront of FA RBs, perhaps Henry could be had for significantly less and w/ a lot of upside?

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Henry wanted to be a starter. Chances are they'll bring Green back. I don't see why they wouldn't. He's a crowd favorite and a dependable back. I don't think last years numbers signal a decline in his performance.

OP
OP
S

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After reading some Bills' Forums, I understand Henry to be in the last year of his contract as well. Likewise, it appears he has some MM in him; he's very POd w/ the Bills. If GB could land him, this season would be a good time to evaluate him along side Green. Like it or not, GB will have to make a big investment @ the RB position in 2006; Green and Davenport will be UFAs in 2006. Henry runs hard and is younger than Ahman...he might be had this off season for quite a bit less money? Let's say GB traded Davenport and Ruegamer for Henry, a former All Pro back. GB could look at both and move one before the season or at the trade deadline and sign the other. I doubt it happens, but it might be worth looking at. Ahman is showing signs of ware and has the fumble problem. Likewise, he's going to want big money at the end of the season even though his age would suggest it's not a good idea to sign him to a long term deal. On the other hand, Henry is a proven back, who is younger and might be worth a long term deal?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts