Our next starting RB: Jon Ryan!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you see that run by our punter on that fake today? Has anyone ever seen a punter run the ball like that? It was phenomenal. The best run of the day by a Packer.

Meanwhile, this game finally has me believing that our RB's suck as bad as all the sportswriters say they do. It wasn't their running, which was actually a little better today. It was the fumbles. Hopefully they will clean that up.

But if I was McCarthy I would force the RB's to watch Ryan's run over and over and over and I would tell them, "Just do what that guy did!" Ryan was a stud out there on that play.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He would have broken a bigger run if his linemen didnt get in his way :p

But yah as we werre saying in the chatroom, Jon Ryan is a triple threat player, he can beat you with his arm, legs or leg. :D

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
heh, that sure was a crazy play!! Wonder what made McCarthy go for such a play?? That was about the LAST thing I thought would happen. Either way, it worked, and it was sweet.

Between that and the other good punt, he made up for his one bad one!!

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy is a big fan of the fake punt, hes used it more times already than other coaches would use in their whole careers. Ryan was a Reciever in college and is quite athletic, so why not ?:p

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I was thinking at first that it wasn't going to work and was already getting ticked off. But much to my surprise it did. Cheers!!

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy is a big fan of the fake punt, hes used it more times already than other coaches would use in their whole careers. Ryan was a Reciever in college and is quite athletic, so why not ?:p

and troy aikman likes his "guns"

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I was taking a **** when it happened. Probably a good thing, because if I had seen it while having a turtle poking out, I'd surely have dirtied my wind pants.

I did get to see when I edited the highlight video though. Heckuva nice run, for a punter.

ttsather

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As with every successful fake attempt on special teams that I have seen involving a team that I am a fan of, I was happy that . . .

1. The play was successful.
1a. The kicker or punter in question is still alive.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The coaches actually called it off at the last second and Jon Ryan was the only one that didn't know. He was supposed to pass it but there was no one there to throw it to. LOL Good improvisation.

“It was a called fake, but we didn’t quite communicate properly, and I was pretty much the only person who thought it was still a fake,” Ryan said. “When I went to pass, there was no there to pass to. I made the best of it, I guess.”

The Packers coaches thought they had the Vikings in a favorable look to try a pass, which was supposed to go to the right flat, but at the last second, they called it off.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070930/PKR0201/70930053/1989

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's line up with the punt-unit on 1st down and put John Ryan
back in there. Call run or "HB/P-option-plays" and watch him rumble.

To not demoralize our future opponents, let's not call it the "punting-team". Call it the "#9-Heavy"-Package
:lol:

Or maybe find some RB, who can at least get 3 yards per carry....

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jon Ryan finds an open lane and sees nothing but daylight

Jon Ryan saw the seam, made his cut and he was off into the secondary

Jon Ryan took the handoff and lowered his shoulders all the way into the endzone.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All we could do after the play was laugh for about 5 minutes. I got to watch the game with my grandpa from Florida (originally from Wisconsin) who has been a big Packers fan his whole life, and that was just one of those unbelievable plays that there is really nothing you can do afterwards, except laugh! He was just bouncing off everyone! Too good!

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a great call. It was brutal to watch from my stand point. Tacklers running into each other and falling down.
Not a very risky call to make either. Considering how terrible our offense is and I believe they were just past midfield.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great run, and after seeing the pictures where Ryan looks like his mouth is gaping open in terror, it could be the funniest play I've seen in a long time. I can't stop chuckling about it.

Members online

Latest posts