1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Our next starting RB: Jon Ryan!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Greg C., Sep 30, 2007.

1. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you see that run by our punter on that fake today? Has anyone ever seen a punter run the ball like that? It was phenomenal. The best run of the day by a Packer.

Meanwhile, this game finally has me believing that our RB's suck as bad as all the sportswriters say they do. It wasn't their running, which was actually a little better today. It was the fumbles. Hopefully they will clean that up.

But if I was McCarthy I would force the RB's to watch Ryan's run over and over and over and I would tell them, "Just do what that guy did!" Ryan was a stud out there on that play.

2. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He would have broken a bigger run if his linemen didnt get in his way :p

But yah as we werre saying in the chatroom, Jon Ryan is a triple threat player, he can beat you with his arm, legs or leg. :D

3. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54
    heh, that sure was a crazy play!! Wonder what made McCarthy go for such a play?? That was about the LAST thing I thought would happen. Either way, it worked, and it was sweet.

Between that and the other good punt, he made up for his one bad one!!

4. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    McCarthy is a big fan of the fake punt, hes used it more times already than other coaches would use in their whole careers. Ryan was a Reciever in college and is quite athletic, so why not ?:p

5. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54
    I was thinking at first that it wasn't going to work and was already getting ticked off. But much to my surprise it did. Cheers!!

6. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

exactly why he did it... no one expected it.

7. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The fake punt was about the last thing I expected, and I just about fell out of my seat when I realized it was a fake punt.

That was awesome.

8. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    and troy aikman likes his "guns"

9. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I was taking a **** when it happened. Probably a good thing, because if I had seen it while having a turtle poking out, I'd surely have dirtied my wind pants.

I did get to see when I edited the highlight video though. Heckuva nice run, for a punter.

10. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    that was a game breaking play!

11. ttsather

ttsather Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    As with every successful fake attempt on special teams that I have seen involving a team that I am a fan of, I was happy that . . .

1. The play was successful.
    1a. The kicker or punter in question is still alive.

12. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I like "The Carrot" as our starting running back.
    He was not going to be denied the 1st down, what an effort!

13. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    The coaches actually called it off at the last second and Jon Ryan was the only one that didn't know. He was supposed to pass it but there was no one there to throw it to. LOL Good improvisation.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070930/PKR0201/70930053/1989

14. TheStone

TheStone Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    Let's line up with the punt-unit on 1st down and put John Ryan
    back in there. Call run or "HB/P-option-plays" and watch him rumble.

To not demoralize our future opponents, let's not call it the "punting-team". Call it the "#9-Heavy"-Package
    :lol:

Or maybe find some RB, who can at least get 3 yards per carry....

15. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Jon Ryan finds an open lane and sees nothing but daylight

Jon Ryan saw the seam, made his cut and he was off into the secondary

Jon Ryan took the handoff and lowered his shoulders all the way into the endzone.

16. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    All we could do after the play was laugh for about 5 minutes. I got to watch the game with my grandpa from Florida (originally from Wisconsin) who has been a big Packers fan his whole life, and that was just one of those unbelievable plays that there is really nothing you can do afterwards, except laugh! He was just bouncing off everyone! Too good!

17. vike4life

vike4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That was a great call. It was brutal to watch from my stand point. Tacklers running into each other and falling down.
    Not a very risky call to make either. Considering how terrible our offense is and I believe they were just past midfield.

18. MassPackersFan

MassPackersFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Great run, and after seeing the pictures where Ryan looks like his mouth is gaping open in terror, it could be the funniest play I've seen in a long time. I can't stop chuckling about it.