Our D-line

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I've been complaining about it in multiple posts so here it is... WHY CAN'T WE BRING PRESSURE WITH ONLY 3 DOWN LINEMAN?? Someone please answer this question because there are other teams who bring the heat with only 3 guys while everyone else plays coverage.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Those teams have freaks on their DL. We got good players, who struggle rushing the passer. however, they are athletic and do great against the run, which is apparently why the Steelers basically just threw the ball on us...sigh.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our DL is a beast against the run, but only Jenkins is a pass rusher. Jolly isn't very good at it, and Raji is still getting the feeling.

We should've rushed Matthews every single play that last drive.

That's really why we strayed from the 4-3. Our interior DL weren't good at rushing the passer.

Still, it was more a combination of freakish Big Ben + Jarrett Bush and Josh Bell, and the refs not caling a blalant hold on Raji.

NICKBARNETT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
other teams get pressure with 3 dl you tell me who you are very wrong my friend there is not a single group in the nfl that could get sacks with 3 dl on a regular basis.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't say anything about sacks, just pressure. With just our front 3 it seems like QB's have all day to pick a receiver to throw to.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
other teams get pressure with 3 dl you tell me who you are very wrong my friend there is not a single group in the nfl that could get sacks with 3 dl on a regular basis.

Well let's take a look at the saints vs patriots game. Mcray and will smith each registered a sack when greg williams dial up complete coverage with only 3 down lineman. Another team that can do it really well are the ravens. Even without rex ryan their front 3 lineman has gotten sacks without any help from a linebacker or safety. To be successful as a 3-4 team you have to be confident that at certain times only your 3 down lineman can get the job done. I know that this is the packers first year in this new defense but i need more evidence to show how OUR d line can get this job done.

Members online

Latest posts