Our 6 losses

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
This is something that needs to be dropped.

6 loses and we still won the Super Bowl
13 starters on IR, and we still won the Super Bowl.

No need to keep hanging heads on all those close losses. We won the biggest game of them all and in the end that is all that matters. We're going to be remembered as Super Bowl champions, not losing 6 games by 4 or 3 points.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I agree, why spend time dwelling on the six we lost (and that by very few points), when there are 14 that we won; and one of them the biggest game to be won.
Like the old song says, "Accentuate the positive."

cakoski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think looking back at these loses only tells us one thing. That we were incredibly close to shutting up the 1972 Dolphins forever. To me this means with everyone coming back from IR going undefeated although difficult especially as defending champs is possible. I hope for a full season next year, so if it happens there will be no *.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
This is something that needs to be dropped.

6 loses and we still won the Super Bowl
13 starters on IR, and we still won the Super Bowl.

No need to keep hanging heads on all those close losses. We won the biggest game of them all and in the end that is all that matters. We're going to be remembered as Super Bowl champions, not losing 6 games by 4 or 3 points.

That early loss to the Bears ... seriously ... I don't think I'll EVER put that one behind me. On the flip side of that coin, beating the Bears in the NFC Championship game could be the reason that I have to keep pinching myself on the SuperBowl win. A little part of me found taking ownership of the Halas Trophy in the bowels of Soldier Field, for whatever reason, had my socks rolling up and down a little faster than the Lombardi Trophy presentation. Yes... I despise the Bears THAT much.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Yes, on their way to the Super Bowl victory, the Packers lost 6 close games. They also finished an incredible season during which they never trailed by more than 7 points. The disappointment of those losses aside, that was an incredible feat!

L

Lunchboxer

If we were able to score 1 more TD in each of those games we would be the first 19-0 Team ever.

Given the fact we never lost by more than 7 pts shows even when we lost we kept the game competive right untill the very end.

All what matters is we Won the SB

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
That early loss to the Bears ... seriously ... I don't think I'll EVER put that one behind me. On the flip side of that coin, beating the Bears in the NFC Championship game could be the reason that I have to keep pinching myself on the SuperBowl win. A little part of me found taking ownership of the Halas Trophy in the bowels of Soldier Field, for whatever reason, had my socks rolling up and down a little faster than the Lombardi Trophy presentation. Yes... I despise the Bears THAT much.

We beat them in the NFC Championship in THEIR stadium!
That alone was enough for me to forget about that game.

Why does that loss still matter? Super Bowl Champions, the 6 losses from penalties or not DO NOT matter anymore!! I just don't see why you all keep bringing this **** up. 10-6 and we're Super Bowl Champions. We have bragging rights over EVERY team in the league, even the teams we lost to because we have the trophy none of them could win!

OP
OP
Guacamole

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes,nothing is better than winning the super bowl....but that being said, the pack needed help and they got it. If they would have won one of the 6 losses they would have been nfc champs and the bears would never have made it to the playoffs. You have to look at those six losses and learn what not to do in order to repeat. What were most of you thinking when they lost 2 games in a row to the skins and fins?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like to think those 6 losses made the Packers stronger as a team. Four of them shouldn't of been, Bears, Redskins, Dolphins, and Lions. Two of them told us far more about our team than many realized at the time, Falcons and Patriots. These two teams were considered one of the best if not the best team in the league at that respective time. The Packers went toe to toe with both teams, nearly winning both games. What should that of told you about the Packers even then? Sure they lost both games, ... but not by much. It tells me that even then the Packers were actually one of the best, if not the best team in the league. Sometimes it's not always losing a game, as much as how you lose it and where you go from there that determines a championship caliber team. Such a team will be able to rebound from anything, no setback too high. I thought from the very first game the Pack lost that their fate would be determined by what they did with it. Sometimes you have to lose to know how to win. I think if you took all 6 of those losses, broke them down and put them into perspective, you will see how a much stronger team rose from the ashes of utter defeat to exalt in a cry of ultimate victory. Always remember, you will never appreciate winning more if you had not sprung forth from ashes. Those 6 losses may represent our dark times, but if not for them, would this team still have found the inner strength they possessed to win to fight to the death? So many what ifs to consider, but in the end, it was the Packers who walked away with the Lombardi trophy. 6 losses and all, 6 losses be damned.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Why does that loss still matter?

Because I'm a psychotic nutcase, Bogie :happy0005:THAT'S why it still matters. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy as a pig in crap that the Pack are on top of the heap again...it's just that I grew up too close to Green Bay...and I was alive and remember the 60's and I'm old school. The Bears just suck *** and the loss sticks in my craw like a popcorn kernel's shell in between one's gum and molar. I can't help it.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone has a point. Enjoy the win. That's all we have in life. Take pride in the good things and be happy. However, It's not bad to look at the losses. You strive to be competitive and better every single season. Once that draft comes around the new season begins. Pack needs to stay hungry especially if they want to attempt at a Dynasty.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
And with all that we still won the Super Bowl. They changed the rules many moons ago, we don't go by win percentage for championships, (Packers got screwed in that department too, should of been four championships in a row, ties) We go by tiered match ups and the Packers beat them and didn't lose when it counted most.

Members online

Latest posts