OTA news and tidbits thread..

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne said:
chibiabos said:
:shock: Glad to hear that Tromadz; now please don't bother reading these posts or replying to them, save a lot of wasted space that way.

Waits in unbridled anticipation.

Yes, this ought to be...interesting.

Thanks for the pressure.

Let's see. Let's see. How should I handle Chibiabos ******* little outburst there. Hmmm. I could go into a freedom of speech rant like the old guys in the atrium do. Hmmmmm. I haven't sliced and diced anyone with an expletive-laced tirade in a while. I could do that.

But the truth is I don't even know who chibiabos is, so I really don't care.

Sorry for the let down.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Django

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Hey I got into the OTA! They had a door open near the sidewalk and about 30 or so fans cautiously wandered in and were allowed to stay for about an hour. Really cool! Rodgers looked great. ( I am no judge of an NFL quarterback) Great velocity. The highlight was a deep ball, perfect spiral, perfect rainbow hit Francies? in stride. Big round of applause from the crowd. I got a ton of pictures and will try and post them. This is new to me so it might take some time. Cool tidbits: Driver walked past our position about 10 feet away and a fan asked if he could get a picture of him with his kid and Driver stopped looked back at the team and looked back at the fan and you could tell he was bummed that he was going to have to say no. He broke into that smile and said "Sorry, gotta go to work!" Not long after Bodiford? ran over and gave his skull cap thing to the kid. Packer People!

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Hey I got into the OTA! They had a door open near the sidewalk and about 30 or so fans cautiously wandered in and were allowed to stay for about an hour. Really cool! Rodgers looked great. ( I am no judge of an NFL quarterback) Great velocity. The highlight was a deep ball, perfect spiral, perfect rainbow hit Francies? in stride. Big round of applause from the crowd. I got a ton of pictures and will try and post them. This is new to me so it might take some time. Cool tidbits: Driver walked past our position about 10 feet away and a fan asked if he could get a picture of him with his kid and Driver stopped looked back at the team and looked back at the fan and you could tell he was bummed that he was going to have to say no. He broke into that smile and said "Sorry, gotta go to work!" Not long after Bodiford? ran over and gave his skull cap thing to the kid. Packer People!
Awesome!

Looking forward to the pics.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Dude, pics. I want to see some action.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

cannot wait till september 8th

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne said:
Good stuff man, thanks for sharing.
Only giving back the best I can for all the great info and insight I have gotten here. Skoll!

I'm pretty sure you're referring to my altered version of your picture where I point out Aaron Rodgers sweet ***.

Django

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Django said:
PackOne said:
Good stuff man, thanks for sharing.
Only giving back the best I can for all the great info and insight I have gotten here. Skoll!

I'm pretty sure you're referring to my altered version of your picture where I point out Aaron Rodgers sweet ***.

Yikes!

This may be wrong but I have always preferred tangy over sweet.

Reaction score
Great pics Django, you must've had a heck of a time.

In the picture "green bay co nyc 413.jpg" is it just me or does anyone else think that Rouse's legs look like those of a woman?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

In the picture "green bay co nyc 413.jpg" is it just me or does anyone else think that Rouse's legs look like those of a woman?

I think you've been up north far too long.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

what is wrong with you?

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics Django, very cool indeed. Marco Rivera did something similar for my niece one time I took here down there.. she still has that glove to this day.. signed an everything.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Harrell held back

It was learned that defensive tackle and former first round draft pick Justin Harrell had offseason surgery on his back, which is the reason he's not participating in the Green Bay Packers' Organized Team Activities (OTAs).

Harrell reportedly injured himself while weightlifting this offseason and had minor surgery about a month or so ago to repair it. The Packers never reported the injury until now, and it became known that the injury was to a disc in Harrell's back, a potentially serious issue.

That's why Harrell won't be participating in either the OTAs or mandatory minicamp in mid-June either.

"I'll be ready training camp," Harrell is quoted as saying in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "This is the most important time, right here, to get yourself better, get more accustomed to the system. But I just have to do what I can, and what they let me do. Being frustrated is not going to change the situation."

Harrell's injury has left the Packers a little thin along the defensive line and especially at the defensive tackle position. Fellow defensive tackle Johnny Jolly will also be sitting out all of the OTAs as he recovers from his 2007 season-ending injury. In addition, both Colin Cole and Daniel Muir will be sitting out at least the beginning of the OTAs, but could re-join the action before they're over.

Among the only true defensive tackles are starter Ryan Pickett and a pair of untested players in Conrad Bolston and Alfred Malone. Due to the shortage, starting defensive end Cullen Jenkins has moved inside to tackle next to Pickett for the OTA sessions.

Jenkins is used to the position, though. He was a full-time defensive tackle at one point in his career and still moves inside on some passing downs.

Nelson makes early impact

Wide receiver Jordy Nelson, the first draft pick of the Green Bay Packers in the '08 draft, has already made on contribution on the field and as a teammate.

Nelson had one of the highlights of the day when he made a nice leaping catch over talented rookie cornerback Patrick Lee.

"Wide receiver Jordy Nelson made a spectacular leaping catch in tight coverage Wednesday at the Don Hutson Center, and the first teammate to greet the rookie with a congratulatory chest bump was veteran Donald Driver," reports Mike Vandermause of the Green Bay Press-Gazette.

On top of the catch, it's nice to see Nelson fit in. On one hand, he could be viewed as a threat to this deep receiving corps. On the other hand, he's only going to make the group better so he might as well be embraced.

Perhaps one of the best stories coming out of the first open practice of the OTAs was the performance of rookie tackle Breno Giacomini.

Both the Green Bay Press-Gazette and Milwaukee Journal Sentinel took notice.

According to reports, Giacomini knocked defensive end Jeremy Thompson to the ground time after time in one on one pass rush drills.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and it became known that the injury was to a disc in Harrell's back, a potentially serious issue.

Dude, don't buy into that crap. He was exercising the next day. It was an outpatient procedure and these NFL teams have the best doctors and trainers available. They'll be keeping an eye on him.

Potentially serious? It's either serious or it's not. Anything can be potentially serious.

When he starts missing training camp practices and preseason games, call me.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont know how good it is to know that breno giacommini is tossing jeremy thompson around.

that could simply mean that jeremy thompson isnt as good as we hoped.

but if the glass is half full.... Breno is a man child.