1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

ONTO 2009 WE GO

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by spartacheese520, Dec 29, 2008.

1. spartacheese520

spartacheese520 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Here's the Packer's schedule for next season:

HOME

Chicago [​IMG] Bears

Detroit [​IMG]Lions

Minnesota [​IMG] Vikings

Dallas [​IMG] Cowboys

San Francisco [​IMG] 49ers

Seattle [​IMG] Seahawks

Baltimore [​IMG] Ravens

Cincinnati [​IMG] Bengals

ROAD

Chicago [​IMG] Bears

Detroit [​IMG]Lions

Minnesota [​IMG] Vikings

Tampa Bay [​IMG] Buccaneers

Arizona [​IMG] Cardinals

St. Louis [​IMG] Rams

Cleveland [​IMG] Browns

Pittsburgh [​IMG] Steelers

IMPORTANT DATES

2009 NFL DRAFT: April 25-26, 2009
    2009 REGULAR SEASON KICKOFF: September 10, 2009 (Thursday); September 13, 2009 (Sunday)
    WILD CARD ROUND PLAYOFFS: January 9-10, 2010
    DIVISIONAL ROUND PLAYOFFS: January 16-17, 2010
    CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS: January 24, 2010
    SUPER BOWL XLIV: February 7, 2010 (Dolphins Stadium - Miami, FL)

2. Diltzy

Diltzy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That seems like it's going to be an easy Schedule. I'm definitely going to that Pittsburgh game though. I've been waiting for them to come back to PA.

3. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    Pitt, Balt, and Dallas look like they are the only games with a real challenge behind them. I think they should win all of their division games, SF, STL, and CIN should be theirs. That alone would put them at 9 wins. Too early to tell, I would make an assumption after the draft and free agency.

4. gman

gman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Pitsburg and Dallas might be a challenge but other than that It is a good schedule

5. DonnieCash

DonnieCash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Pittsburgh should be pretty rough.

Dallas is a real possibility. Hopefully Tampa's Defense is more like it has been the past few games.

Other than that, barring another year like this year, we should do pretty well. Maybe we can learn how to stop the run and take the Vikings off of our radar.

6. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +850
    The schedule was one of my top points to be optimistic about in 2009. This schedule is a cake walk. The best is that the two west-coast teams, Seattle and San Francisco, come to Green Bay. GB won't have to travel through time zones constantly!

7. spartacheese520

Ratings:
    +0
    The schedule makers were kind to Dallas this past season giving them the Packers in late September. Next season, let it be late December.

BTW, love the sig Diltzy.

8. Diltzy

Diltzy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, thanks. I decided to work on a new one and I like this one way more. If you like I'll PM u a link to my facebook and it's all urs to use. I'll just take the Diltzy part out of it.

Anyway back on to subject...unfortunately with an easy schedule like this we might let our guard down and get taken in the playoffs. Hopefully we're a playoff caliber team again next year.

9. UncleMeat

UncleMeat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We lucked out landing the pathetic NFC West this year as it will offer four games that the team can use to build confidence (hopefully). AFC North is no big worry as there are only two real teams there and who knows if the Ravens will be the same next year.

10. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    Pittsburgh , Ravens and Cowboys should be are toughest games other than that arizona could be easy and tampa is questionable but other than that i have us winning 9 games considering us loseing to pitsburgh, ravens Tampa and Arizona and loseing to vikings and bears on road. But i say with this schedule We should at least go 11-5 , 12-4 or 13-3 if we dont lose every single close game like this year

11. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +850
    Agreed. This schedule is very managable with three or four real difficult games.

12. Pugger

Pugger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Yes, this schedule looks a little easier than this one just past, but teams change from year to year so it is hard to predict which teams will surprise (like Atlanta and Arizona did, for example) us next season.

13. OHIOFAN

OHIOFAN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking forward to going to the game when the Pack plays at Cleveland. By looking at the schedule it seems very possible the team could go 13-3, if they start clicking early on possibly better--can't wait.

14. Aa-rodg_is_cool

Aa-rodg_is_cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Exactly.. you can't tell how easy a schedules gonna be before the season.. Hell miami went from bein 1-15 to bein in the playoffs so really we have no clue how easy that schedule is right now.

15. Dulak

Dulak Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed ... and to be honest I dont really care how easy the schedule is - Id rather have a tough schedule so our team can grow.

Well I dont mind it if our division is easy ;) always feels good with a 37-3 win over the bears :)

16. CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I am really looking forward to this game as well. I'm gonna try to go to it. :D

As for the schedule, as of now it does look easy. Only games I'm really worried about is Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Dallas. Improving this team in the offseason combined with another year of experience and an easy schedule, there's no way we can miss the playoffs next year.

17. spartacheese520

Ratings:
    +0
    The schedule of destiny!

18. boisenjm

boisenjm Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The two Super Bowl participants and Dallas will test us but there are definitely some easier games on this schedule than last year.

19. spartacheese520

Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a bad feeling the schedule makers are going to have the Pack open the season on the road @ the defending Super Bowl champion Steelers.

20. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    I've got 9-7. Maybe 10-6 because I think the Cardinals are in for a slide. Not a big slide, but they won't be as good as they were in the playoffs this year.