onside kick (to us)

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I noticed when minihaha tried one against us the guy who is supposed to get the ball on our left side (where they kicked it) was Cook. I don't think a TE should be doing this even if he has good hands. The ball does strange things sometimes on onside kicks and I think we would be better served to have a smaller more flexible guy (probably Jordy) doing it. Adams was on the other side so I'll hold my breath there. Anyway, I disagree with putting Cook there. Who would be your choice?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I noticed when minihaha tried one against us the guy who is supposed to get the ball on our left side (where they kicked it) was Cook. I don't think a TE should be doing this even if he has good hands. The ball does strange things sometimes on onside kicks and I think we would be better served to have a smaller more flexible guy (probably Jordy) doing it. Adams was on the other side so I'll hold my breath there. Anyway, I disagree with putting Cook there. Who would be your choice?
I'd have my #1 & #2 punt returner on each side. They have practiced at corralling a bouncing ball. They have been flattened as they field the ball or soon thereafter. Typically they are expendable to the offensive scheme for a few plays. My kick returner deep.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe we could get Bostick back.:mad:

D

Deleted member 6794

Interesting observation. I took a look back at several onside kicks against the Packers this season and was surprised to see Zook doesn't use more receivers and defensive backs on the hands team. I'm fine with having a sure handed tight end on it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, sure...on the special team. Just not as "The Man" we want to get the ball. imho The guy standing behind everyone else.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want a guy who has strong and has sure hands. Someone who can take a hit while catching the ball. Cook is perfect.

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want a guy with sure hands that can also twist his body and go for the ball when it is on the ground. I think there are better candidates. TE should be up closer and blocking. I hope I am not repeating myself. Happy New Year and GoPackGo!

Members online

Latest posts