One of the worst seasons for NFC North?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Air-Run goes out due to injury.
Cutler also misses some games.
And then on a day of all days, NFC North has one of the wonkiest playing days of all the NFL.
Bears and Lions both lose to teams they should have beat who share a couple of the worst records this season.
(Thankfully they lost to keep us alive for getting to the #1 spot.)
And what do we do in our game?
Tie it up with the team with the worst record in our division, the Vikings in overtime.
The only other wonky division is the NFC East.

Does anyone recall the NFC North ever being this crazy before?
And what are your thoughts on the NFC North this season?

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And then on a day of all days, NFC North has one of the wonkiest playing days of all the NFL.
Bears and Lions both lose to teams they should have beat who share a couple of the worst records this season.
Tie it up with the team with the worst record in our division, the Vikings in overtime.

Could always be the like NFC West in 2010.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Well lets see,
Lions going 0-16 one season that is crazy.
Whats odd is the Packers playing the QB carousel game, something we are not used too.
Ties used to be kind of normal back 80 years ago.
Also didn't the NFC represent the playoffs with a 7-9 Seahawks not too long ago.

My thoughts are that we are still tougher than the NFC - S and NFC - E. And with the tie goes the belief, NEVER EVER discount a divisional team, they are thirsty for their divisional rivals. To the Vikings this game was their most sought after win, something that seemed probable to them.

Reaction score

We had every team in our division playing yesterday > two of them playing each other and still NO team was able to get a win. Unreal! It is crazy, but I'm not selling our division short at all. As you mentioned, FF, the injury bug has hit our divisional teams hard throughout the year and continues to sideline A LOT of talent on both sides of the ball which accounts for the unimpressive records. Plus, there are just NO non-divisional easy outs in this league, either on the road or at home, it seems, especially when you team is depleted with injuries and/or your teams happens to not be on their "A" game and mails it in. As for the Lions losing yesterday, I was not at all surprised b/c they just cannot stand prosperity, are very inconsistent and are poorly coached, imo. And as for the Bears game, yesterday, even at full strength, I would predict that they would have had a difficult time winning in St. Louis against a Jeff Fisher coached team. That guy can flat out coach and I have never had an easy feeling whenever we've had to go up against his teams. God only knows we have more than our fair share of injuries each season while the other three seem to have much less, but this year, the Bears, Lions and Vikings have lost key players as well. Strange season within our division, for sure.

My thoughts are that we are still tougher than the NFC - S and NFC - E. And with the tie goes the belief, NEVER EVER discount a divisional team, they are thirsty for their divisional rivals. To the Vikings this game was their most sought after win, something that seemed probable to them.

We're definitely tougher than the NFC - South and NFC - East. We sweep that East division with a healthy Rodgers. And taking ANY team within your division for granted will come back to bite you in the *** every time. Yep.....yesterday was the Vikings "Super Bowl" game!

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thoughts as a Green Bay Packer fan are that this is a good thing and this couldn't have happened in a better year. Injuries might have already destroyed our season in any other year where the Bears or Lions might be destined for 11-5 or better. Instead, we're still treading water while we wait for our big guns to return.

With due respect to our rivals, I think we're the only team in the division that scares any potential playoff opponent once we are back to full strength for the playoff run. Well as full strength as we can still get.