1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ok, on the other hand....

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Obi1, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Why does Houston spurn Bush?

One has to assume that Houston has had talks with Bush as well as Williams...

Why Williams? Is there something about Reggie Bush that the league and Bush's agents are not letting on?

2. Popcynical

Popcynical Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think Williams is a better player than Bush. That's all it comes down to. I'd rather have Williams on my team; so would the Texans.

3. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would guess that $$$$ as well as some of the off-field issues that have sprung up this past week made Mario very appealing to a conservative owner who could not really go wrong selecting 1a or 1b.

4. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bush falls to #6 the 49'ers. They can use him.

5. Popcynical

Popcynical Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Somebody will surely trade up by then.

6. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    ARE YOU GUYS FREAKIN KIDDIN ME... have you seen this kid play

mario williams wasnt even the best defensive end at nc state for a couple years... he is a bust if ive ever seen one.

Reggie bush was nothing short of the best player on A GREAT TEAm... Also we need a great reciever and the boys at ESPN say that if Reggie bush had an 85 on his back instead of just a 5 he would still be a top 10 pick... a kick returner, a running back, and a freakin reciever this is an absolute no freakin brainer.

7. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    and reggie will not fall out of the top 3

he will either be a saint or a titan..... or if a trade happens a jet or as i pray to god a green bay packer

8. mattresell

mattresell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He's not falling past #2. Either the Saints take him or somebody moves up.

9. Popcynical

Popcynical Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, as a freshman he wasn't the best defensive end.. wow.

He's regarded by many to be the most talented player in the draft and now he's going number one.

10. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    believe me i live in nc and have several friends at NC State.... they got tired of him because he looked lazy half the time... and if a guy cant even produce against Duke football... how the balls is he gonna produce against talent. he didnt produce in college, wont produce in the nfl

11. Toronto_Cheesehead

Toronto_Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen him play. A guy who rarely runs inside, played behind a dominant offensive line in a conference that can't play defense, and only twice in his career carried the ball more than 20 times. I have nothing against the kid, and I'm not rooting against him, but a running back who will be getting a 25+ million dollar signing bonus better be able to run consistently between the tackles and carry the ball 25 times a game. Also, what's all this bs about him being a kick returner? What team in their right mind would put such a large financial investment on the car crash that is special teams for a prolonged period of time? Bottom line is, players with Mario's size and athletic ability don't grow on trees and when you have the chance to add one to your roster you do.

12. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Players with Bush's talent don't grow on trees either...

13. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

I think Texans were looking for what was best for the team. I think Bush could be a special player, not a full time RB, but as a WR/KR/PR antwan randle el'esque.

Texans have a good RB, stud WR, Average QB who would probably be better if he had an OL to block for him.

I agree with this move on the Texans part.

14. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    i cant believe im the only one who wants bush... maybe i am taking crazy pills

15. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm with YOU.

I see Bush as a Travis Williams with Barry Sanders like moves...

16. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I would take Bush. I wouldn't give up the kitchen sink for the guy. I just don't see him as full time RB in the NFL. I think he is a special player no doubt, but in the right system. He's not Barry Sanders special.

17. Toronto_Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Running back isn't a premium position like DE is though.

Whereas Portis, R. Johnson, Barber, Green, Jordan, Davis, Parker, Dillon, Martin, and Holmes are all backs taken after the first round and have during their careers ranged from solid starters to Pro Bowl talents. There are examples of DEs taken later in the draft that have paved out very good careers, but generally the big, freakish athletes that can play run and pass effective are taken in the first round.

18. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Before we go much further... Have you SEEN Bush play? Other than the bowl game which he was NOT featured because the coach wanted to show the whole world that his team was more than just Bush...?

19. Toronto_Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    YES!!! I have seen him play. Being where I am, I watch Big 10 and Notre Dame football more, but I've seen Bush play several times. Just because my opinion differs from yours and I don't buy into the hype doesn't mean I haven't seen him play.

20. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    the guy lit up Texas in the rose bowl for over 130 some yards... and it was a quiet day, because USC's defensive coordinator is an idiot Vince Hype Young blew up and made reggies day, under the radar.

he is a solid performer...and plays huge in the clutch, you need a guy like him on your team. This could definetly go down as one of the worst draft decisions ever by the texans

21. mattresell

mattresell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Are we really going to bring up the "clutch" situation again? Numerous studies have shown no such thing exists. I know it's magical to think that some players have a different gear they turn on in "clutch" situations, but it simply has not proven to be true.

PS

Anyone looking to start a private mesaage fight with Matt Resell may do so by typing the word "clutch" into any future post.

22. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    c l u t c h

23. mattresell

mattresell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh it's on Packnic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

24. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry but I think that with Williams going ahead of Bush, it clearly states that Houston was not quite as enamored with him as some of you guys.

Williams has a history of taking plays off BUT Houston is still taking him ahead of Bush?

I like the move by Houston but it speaks volumes about what they think of Bush

25. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It was all about the contract, pyledriver