Ok, on the other hand....

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does Houston spurn Bush?

One has to assume that Houston has had talks with Bush as well as Williams...

Why Williams? Is there something about Reggie Bush that the league and Bush's agents are not letting on?

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would guess that $$$$ as well as some of the off-field issues that have sprung up this past week made Mario very appealing to a conservative owner who could not really go wrong selecting 1a or 1b.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ARE YOU GUYS FREAKIN KIDDIN ME... have you seen this kid play

mario williams wasnt even the best defensive end at nc state for a couple years... he is a bust if ive ever seen one.

Reggie bush was nothing short of the best player on A GREAT TEAm... Also we need a great reciever and the boys at ESPN say that if Reggie bush had an 85 on his back instead of just a 5 he would still be a top 10 pick... a kick returner, a running back, and a freakin reciever this is an absolute no freakin brainer.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and reggie will not fall out of the top 3

he will either be a saint or a titan..... or if a trade happens a jet or as i pray to god a green bay packer

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

mario williams wasnt even the best defensive end at nc state for a couple years... he is a bust if ive ever seen one.

Yeah, as a freshman he wasn't the best defensive end.. wow.

He's regarded by many to be the most talented player in the draft and now he's going number one.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
believe me i live in nc and have several friends at NC State.... they got tired of him because he looked lazy half the time... and if a guy cant even produce against Duke football... how the balls is he gonna produce against talent. he didnt produce in college, wont produce in the nfl

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

Reggie bush was nothing short of the best player on A GREAT TEAm... Also we need a great reciever and the boys at ESPN say that if Reggie bush had an 85 on his back instead of just a 5 he would still be a top 10 pick... a kick returner, a running back, and a freakin reciever this is an absolute no freakin brainer.

I've seen him play. A guy who rarely runs inside, played behind a dominant offensive line in a conference that can't play defense, and only twice in his career carried the ball more than 20 times. I have nothing against the kid, and I'm not rooting against him, but a running back who will be getting a 25+ million dollar signing bonus better be able to run consistently between the tackles and carry the ball 25 times a game. Also, what's all this bs about him being a kick returner? What team in their right mind would put such a large financial investment on the car crash that is special teams for a prolonged period of time? Bottom line is, players with Mario's size and athletic ability don't grow on trees and when you have the chance to add one to your roster you do.

OP
OP
O

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Toronto_Cheesehead said:
Packnic said:

I've seen him play. A guy who rarely runs inside, played behind a dominant offensive line in a conference that can't play defense, and only twice in his career carried the ball more than 20 times. I have nothing against the kid, and I'm not rooting against him, but a running back who will be getting a 25+ million dollar signing bonus better be able to run consistently between the tackles and carry the ball 25 times a game. Also, what's all this bs about him being a kick returner? What team in their right mind would put such a large financial investment on the car crash that is special teams for a prolonged period of time? Bottom line is, players with Mario's size and athletic ability don't grow on trees and when you have the chance to add one to your roster you do.

Players with Bush's talent don't grow on trees either...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
Why does Houston spurn Bush?

One has to assume that Houston has had talks with Bush as well as Williams...

Why Williams? Is there something about Reggie Bush that the league and Bush's agents are not letting on?

I think Texans were looking for what was best for the team. I think Bush could be a special player, not a full time RB, but as a WR/KR/PR antwan randle el'esque.

Texans have a good RB, stud WR, Average QB who would probably be better if he had an OL to block for him.

I agree with this move on the Texans part.

OP
OP
O

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
i cant believe im the only one who wants bush... maybe i am taking crazy pills

I'm with YOU.

I see Bush as a Travis Williams with Barry Sanders like moves...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Packnic said:
i cant believe im the only one who wants bush... maybe i am taking crazy pills

I would take Bush. I wouldn't give up the kitchen sink for the guy. I just don't see him as full time RB in the NFL. I think he is a special player no doubt, but in the right system. He's not Barry Sanders special.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:

Running back isn't a premium position like DE is though.

Whereas Portis, R. Johnson, Barber, Green, Jordan, Davis, Parker, Dillon, Martin, and Holmes are all backs taken after the first round and have during their careers ranged from solid starters to Pro Bowl talents. There are examples of DEs taken later in the draft that have paved out very good careers, but generally the big, freakish athletes that can play run and pass effective are taken in the first round.

OP
OP
O

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Toronto_Cheesehead said:
Obi1 said:

Running back isn't a premium position like DE is though.

Whereas Portis, R. Johnson, Barber, Green, Jordan, Davis, Parker, Dillon, Martin, and Holmes are all backs taken after the first round and have during their careers ranged from solid starters to Pro Bowl talents. There are examples of DEs taken later in the draft that have paved out very good careers, but generally the big, freakish athletes that can play run and pass effective are taken in the first round.

Before we go much further... Have you SEEN Bush play? Other than the bowl game which he was NOT featured because the coach wanted to show the whole world that his team was more than just Bush...?

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
Before we go much further... Have you SEEN Bush play? Other than the bowl game which he was NOT featured because the coach wanted to show the whole world that his team was more than just Bush...?

YES!!! I have seen him play. Being where I am, I watch Big 10 and Notre Dame football more, but I've seen Bush play several times. Just because my opinion differs from yours and I don't buy into the hype doesn't mean I haven't seen him play.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the guy lit up Texas in the rose bowl for over 130 some yards... and it was a quiet day, because USC's defensive coordinator is an idiot Vince Hype Young blew up and made reggies day, under the radar.

he is a solid performer...and plays huge in the clutch, you need a guy like him on your team. This could definetly go down as one of the worst draft decisions ever by the texans

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
Are we really going to bring up the "clutch" situation again? Numerous studies have shown no such thing exists. I know it's magical to think that some players have a different gear they turn on in "clutch" situations, but it simply has not proven to be true.

PS

Anyone looking to start a private mesaage fight with Matt Resell may do so by typing the word "clutch" into any future post.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry but I think that with Williams going ahead of Bush, it clearly states that Houston was not quite as enamored with him as some of you guys.

Williams has a history of taking plays off BUT Houston is still taking him ahead of Bush?

I like the move by Houston but it speaks volumes about what they think of Bush

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts