Official RB Johnathan Franklin thread

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm really excited the Pack picked up Franklin, I can't remember the Packers having a back w his skill set of speed and catching ability. Rodgers has never had a RB threat he can dump it off to when no ones open. I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm, but I can't wait to see what he does for us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Franklin is going to be a good addition for us... along with Lacy we can actually say we might have a running game... dont forget how productive Harris was at the end of the season... plus all of them can block... especially Green on 3rd down!!! Im too excited!

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People are comparing him to Warrick Dunn. Franklin could steal the job, wouldn't shcok me either as he's got solid skills.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they will both be used. There isn't a "starter" designation.

I actually prefer Franklin over Lacy. That's just me tho, it's hard to overlook a guy rushing for over 1,700 yards against good compettion on a not so good football team. Lacy is a good football player don't get me wrong but like three of his o linemen went pro as well as the tightend. I watched a couple UCLA games and there wasn't to much to write home about in regards to Franklins o-line.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Idk man, Franklin is a player..should be good comp. Havn't been excited about our run game in years.

I never agreed with the ones (here on this forum) that said a running game was unnecessary in today's NFL. The lack of recognition of how important it was to have a running game so teams couldn't just focus on the passing game was mind boggling to me. McCarthy clearly tired of seeing the two deep zone defense and no way to combat it. Hopefully either Lacy or Franklin will remedy that problem.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they will both be used. There isn't a "starter" designation.

These guys are going to be coming in and out all game based on down and distance, packages, game situations. I know the coaches think both could be an every down back but their skill sets are so much different it would be a shame not to exploit their differences to keep defenses guessing.

Members online

Latest posts