Official Ravens shout box

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad for the win, now to look to Christmas, lord knows I spent enough money! My kids better shut-up and let me watch the game in peace! Merry Christmas everyone, our whatever you celebrate.

Jim Lite

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing fires players up like the prospect of beating a top team in their home stadium. And those Balto fans are the noisiest in the league.

Victory snatched from the jaws of defeat.

Reaction score
I said during the week that if we Win by just 1 point I’d be happy. This is a great D front and Ravens have an above average backup QB who’s got 3-4 premier targets to work with.

While it’s good to blow a team out, it’s ok to play sloppy and come away with a W on the road.

3 more Wins and we can rest up (maybe 2 more depending on Dallas the next 2 games)

Last edited:

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We now have The North?

Now just need to gain homefield advantage.

Winter in Green Bay is no fun.

Mind you back in October 08 I was in shirt sleeves as was very mild.

I have pics on facebook shouldn't be hard to find me. I'm wearing a white Hawk number 50 shirt at Lambeau & my profile pic is me in a kilt at my wedding.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ravens only had 2 players to contain,,,,the QB and TE......why did Barry never adjust?
I think it had to do with the absence of Kenny Clark. Clark is a master at collapsing the pocket from the middle and pressuring the QB to move. This allows the OLBs and Edge Rushers to stay farther outside and provide contain to the sidelines. In a best case scenario it results in a sack.

It doesn't seem like one guy could make that much difference. And why not rush an ILB or S (or both) up the middle and keep one player at each edge of the pocket for contain, an OLB or DE? Or to at least minimize the damage from the Huntley runs, put a spy on him in passing situations.

I don't know. The absence of Clark is the only reason that makes sense, but certainly Barry could have schemed around that, especially when they seemed to break contain at will.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not so sure. He showed a lot of poise and extreme athleticism.
I was surprised to learn he went undrafted out of Utah. What a find. I know it's only a couple of games, but damn, he looked like a 10 year veteran out there.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said during the week that if we Win by just 1 point I’d be happy. This is a great D front and Ravens have an above average backup QB who’s got 3-4 premier targets to work with.

While it’s good to blow a team out, it’s ok to play sloppy and come away with a W on the road.

3 more Wins and we can rest up (maybe 2 more depending on Dallas the next 2 games)
Yeah when we look at the record, no one will remember that the Raven game was a one point win. I do wonder how long Harbaugh will keep gambling. The success rate on 2 pt conversions is surprisingly high - I think better than 50/50. But the PAT is much higher. Oh well, I'm not complaining.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So obvious we should have taken him. Another Gute mistake.
I'm not so sure I'd pin it on Gluten, but then again, yeah, another GM saw the potential - and those same GMs passed on him in the draft. I've been a critic of Gluten, but damn he came through this year. Anyway, if Huntley keeps playing like he played Sunday and against the Bears earlier, the guy is a starter. I'd sure as hell take him over Love. Hmmm, maybe the Ravens would be up for a trade. Regardless, Huntley won't be backing up for long. I think Rodgers is gonna stick around for a few years though. Certainly nothing wrong with that.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tyler looked good in limited usage. One reason he excelled is he fits that system well. He’s a poor man’s Lamar. He’s excellent as a short term substitute. If he keeps running around like he does he’ll be adequate for a couple years and then end his career early. This league doesn’t protect running QBs and it’s a recipe for failure in the long term. The same thing that makes him formidable short term makes him a liability long term.

Concerning our backup option. I know you didnt pick on Love but just pointing out he is not a Running QB in comparison to Tyler. Totally different styles. Jordan is a passer with a much better ceiling than Tyler.

We know now that KC is not a slouch Defense like several posters emphatically claimed as supportive evidence of how bad Love is. KC is
#8 points allowed (ranked better than GB)
#5 in Turnovers (25 turnovers ranked better than GB)
#8 INT (tied w/GB)
I do agree that running QBs have very limited career spans. Vince Williams, RGIII, Vick, and now Fields and Hurts. No thanks.

The numbers on the KC D are interesting. All I've been hearing is they stink, but not by those stats.

As for Love, he did better in his rookie start that Rodgers and I think Favre. I don't mean to write him off. I'm just not sure what Gluten saw in him to 1) trade up and forfeit a 4th round pick and 2) not take a WR in a year where the draft was loaded with them. Hey I hope I'm wrong and Love is the guy. It's so hard to find a franchise QB.

And if the HOF QB run is over in GB after 30 plus years, maybe it's time they retool a bit and focus on the D. I still like strong defensive teams, especially come playoff time. And the Packers have pretty much proven that an elite O with a below average D gets you sent home early. It could be a new era in GB. Just as long as they keep winning.........

U.P. Packfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems like I hear this every week. Why aren't we dominating like we are supposed to? Did anyone notice that we are actually better on D this year. The last few years we were terrible. The Pack is a good team but they are not a juggernaut! Lets just enjoy the ride wherever it takes us.

To put it another way: The Packers are not supposed to win any particular game. Just because we fans want them to doesn't make them unbeatable. This is the NFL.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems like I hear this every week. Why aren't we dominating like we are supposed to? Did anyone notice that we are actually better on D this year. The last few years we were terrible. The Pack is a good team but they are not a juggernaut! Lets just enjoy the ride wherever it takes us.

To put it another way: The Packers are not supposed to win any particular game. Just because we fans want them to doesn't make them unbeatable. This is the NFL.
After a rocky start, this D is much, much better than in recent years. My earlier comments were about the post-Rodgers area and where the focus would be. not a statement on the current D. The current D has an lot of young, talented players - Alexander, Gary, Stokes, Douglass - and that's easy to build on. They finally have a consistent presence at ILB with Campbell and Barnes. The safety positioned is well manned with Amos and Savage.

As a team their weak spot is clearly STs, and hopefully they can improve just enough to not be a liability when the playoffs roll around.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts