OFFICIAL GIANTS PACKER TALK

Reaction score
I don't think we will be blowing them out, but I do think we will come out on top. Our offense is going to score points. It's going to be up to the defense to get to Eli and be disruptive.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have nothing to worry about.
We are going to kill this team.
Kid, we have the WORST defense in the league.
Up 8 with 2 minutes to go, we allowed the Giants to march and score, and make the 2-pt conversion to tie the game.

Knowing that our defense sucks, and knowing they cannot get big stops unless they get a gift Int? That's something to worry about.

There's no margin for error when we have a sieve defense like that. This is not the 2010 defense. Collins and Jenkins won't be back for this game.

That's the reality.

Reaction score
Up 8 with 2 minutes to go, we allowed the Giants to march and score, and make the 2-pt conversion to tie the game.

Knowing that our defense sucks, and knowing they cannot get big stops unless they get a gift Int? That's something to worry about.

There's no margin for error when we have a sieve defense like that. This is not the 2010 defense. Collins and Jenkins won't be back for this game.

That's the reality.
These aren't gift INTs as you call them. The Packers are taking the ball away from the opposing team at an alarming rate. You need to throw regular season stats out of the window. The Packers D has a chance to start fresh. Never discount the power of motivation and the Packers have plenty of it.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gotta say, I am growing weary of the Packers fans that are so scared of the Giants. I think it stems from what happened in the 2007 NFC Championship game than anything else. This same dominant D that is being displayed right now against Atlanta, Aaron dropped 38 on them. We have our full O-Line back so we will see what happens. The Giants faced a scared Matt Ryan and a coach that made some idiotic calls. Not the same thing they will be dealing with when they come to Lambeau.
Yeah and that 07 game is sooooooo yesterday!
I mean, it's different teams and situations.
Plus, this Packers team is erasing past losses by creating a new history of winning.
1st with the Bears in the NFCGG when they won last year and the Bears beat them before years ago and the 11-0 team beating the Lions on Thanksgiving when the 11-0 60's team lost to the Lions before.

We gotsta have tons of faith that this is today's Packers which is a new and modern team which is starting a whole new tradition of winning.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's the reality.

Dude, we havent lost at home since October last year?
What makes you think a giants team which we have already beaten this season in New York is going to be a problem.
Remember last time they played us in Lambeau?

They managed to get alot of pressure last game and that is why it was close.
Look out for a solid O line performance and a dominant offense the whole game.

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alot of analysts were saying if the turnover battle is even, we could lose. I still think if its even we have a great chance to win the game, we just cant lose the turnover battle.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Quick thoughts (gotta run):

1. This is exactly who the majority of us thought we'd get. No surprise here.
2. We are at home this time. Could be to our advantage - and we won in their house a few weeks ago. (I actually felt better after that game than some others because it demonstrated Rodgers'/offense's ability to engineer the last-minute win, rather than the "CAN THEY HANG ON?" thing they've done a number of times.)
3. Clifton - and other stuff of that nature. (Wood concussed during that game - D got a bit disoriented in his absence?)
4. The media will be yammering all week long about how the Giants can beat us.

I think the Packers will be ready.

I also think that if the New York Giants come into Lambeau Field and win (in a clean, fairly-officiated game), then we don't deserve a chance at the championship anyway.

Champions do not play scared. Are we champions, or are we not? I say we are.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Matt Ryan and the Falcons offense is such a let down, especially in big games.

Giants have had a lot of slow starts on offense this year and today was another one. Try to start fast if you are Green Bay.

And try your best to ignore the media hype of how amazing the Giants and Saints are this week. Packers can beat anyone if they bring their best game.

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not gonna troll this topic too much here the next week, but u guys really did have that game handed to u in NY. If nothing else Ballard's catch WAS a TD and then we had to settle for a FG. And I still question the rule about Jennings TD on that bobbled catch along wtih Driver stepping out of bounds when he caught his TD.

Not to mention that Tuck is healthy, Osi is back, our line is healthy, Bradshaw is healthy, and Manningham is back. Your facing a different team

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's the reality.

it will definitly be a good game though

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These aren't gift INTs as you call them. The Packers are taking the ball away from the opposing team at an alarming rate.
Eli is a good, clutch QB.
We don't pick off the Warners, Mannings, Brees, Brady's like we do the Newtons, Cutlers, Ortons, Bradfords, Ponders, Freemans, Palmers, Staffords, etc.

Eli won't serve up gifts on a silver platter. We fans need to not expect those. Eli will protect the ball. He's clutch. He's smart. I hate the guy but he's cool under pressure.

Now, can we stop them if we don't get ints?

Anyone remember the time of possession in KC?
Anyone remember the Giants last drive when they marched the length of the field for the TD, and got the 2-PAT?

I just do not have confidence in this defense. There's no pass rush. I think we are capable of stopping their run, but it will expose Shields, Woodson, Tramon, Peprah back there with their dangerous WRs. Even Travis Beckum hurt us last time.

We cannot bring our 'B' game and win. If we play very well, we should win. http://packersinsider.com/?p=3964

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli is a good, clutch QB.
We don't pick off the Warners, Mannings, Brees, Brady's like we do the Newtons, Cutlers, Ortons, Bradfords, Ponders, Freemans, Palmers, Staffords, etc.

Eli won't serve up gifts on a silver platter. We fans need to not expect those. Eli will protect the ball. He's clutch. He's smart. I hate the guy but he's cool under pressure.

Now, can we stop them if we don't get ints?

Anyone remember the time of possession in KC?
Anyone remember the Giants last drive when they marched the length of the field for the TD, and got the 2-PAT?

I just do not have confidence in this defense. There's no pass rush. I think we are capable of stopping their run, but it will expose Shields, Woodson, Tramon, Peprah back there with their dangerous WRs. Even Travis Beckum hurt us last time.

We cannot bring our 'B' game and win. If we play very well, we should win. http://packersinsider.com/?p=3964
yea what happened to your defense? Whats the story?

They were so solid last year. U guys didn't really lose anybody either right? I mean besides Barnett but he wasn't there for alot of your run

12theTruth

not gonna troll this topic too much here the next week, but u guys really did have that game handed to u in NY. If nothing else Ballard's catch WAS a TD and then we had to settle for a FG. And I still question the rule about Jennings TD on that bobbled catch along wtih Driver stepping out of bounds when he caught his TD.

Not to mention that Tuck is healthy, Osi is back, our line is healthy, Bradshaw is healthy, and Manningham is back. Your facing a different team

No one has stopped the Packs offense this season at Lambeau Field. Giants have a good defense but the Packers are ready and have averaged over 40 points in the last two contests against the Giants. Offensively, the Falcons are from the caliber of the Packers.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh crud, and here I was thinking the Pack could win this one. Guess I'll trade in my stock, take down the flag, and scrape off the bumper stickers. Apparently the Giants have won the Super Bowl already, no need to play any more games. Dang it!!!

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea what happened to your defense? Whats the story?

They were so solid last year. U guys didn't really lose anybody either right? I mean besides Barnett but he wasn't there for alot of your run
We lost Collins our safety and Jenkins on the DL. Both have hurt. But neither is a complete excuse for how badly the defense has played.

Members online

Latest posts