OFFICIAL GIANTS PACKER TALK

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Well the Packers o line is healthier now then when it played the Giants. And it was also in their house....with all their buffoon fans clapping like seals and acting silly in drunk NY fashion. And don't forget last year in GB the Packers destroyed the Giants.

BTW whats with the Giants lately? Did the Jets rub off? Tuck called out the Falcons o line and called them a name. And now I hear a player or two on the Giants is saying they are a SB team and it can be like 2007. The newest thing in the media in NY is "2007." Christ, can we move on. We know they won the SB that year and beat NE....blah blah blah. And yes we know they beat NE this year in NE too. Yippie.

Reaction score
I gotta say, I am growing weary of the Packers fans that are so scared of the Giants. I think it stems from what happened in the 2007 NFC Championship game than anything else. This same dominant D that is being displayed right now against Atlanta, Aaron dropped 38 on them. We have our full O-Line back so we will see what happens. The Giants faced a scared Matt Ryan and a coach that made some idiotic calls. Not the same thing they will be dealing with when they come to Lambeau.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I trust McCarthy will come up with a good game plan for the Giants. Gotta have deversity with runs, screens quick passes. Everything he can do to help that O line he needs to do it.

Giants haven't looked all that great on offense today...hoping our D can step it up and keep them in check.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants are built for big games and are one of the more fearless teams I have seen play. With that said, the Packers are the better team and if they play their game they should come out on top.

Should be a good game. Go Pack.

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going to be a good game, if we understimate the toughness of the gmen at all, it will be long day for us. People saying this might be an easy win, I dont think it will. Getting clifton back will help alot because there 4 man pass rush is great. I think our run defense will show up in this game, and I expect Tramon Williams after getting alot of hatred to step up in this game and either shut down Cruz or Nicks. Sam shields could also play a big role in the pass defense as well. Look back to last postseason, shields and tramon played huge roles. I expect Rodgers to have easily over 300 yards, if we can protect them. There going to find out that there 4 man pash rush will not work, and will have to bring additional blitzers and this is where Rodgers will eat them up.

38-24 Packers

Reaction score
You know all week long, all we are going to hear about is how great the Giants D-Line is and how banged up our O-Line is and blah blah blah. But Aaron Rodgers is not Tony Romo and he's not Matt Ryan. We'll be ready. That past 2007 NFC Championship game is probably fresh in the Packers' minds. Bishop and Hawk didn't play in that game at New York this season. Hawk is inconsistent, but we missed Bishop out there.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It comes down to OL vs DL for both sides. Shut down their running game would put the game heavily in our favor. Using TE to block, more screen passes will slow down their base defense rush which could be key. The bombs could come in the 2nd half if that's what comes out of it. What is worrisome is if our OTs coming back will be 100%. If they are it's 2010 matchup in potential blowout. If not it could be close til final seconds like 2007 matchup.

Reaction score
Another thing to remember is that Aaron is a mobile QB, something Ryan did not display against the Giants today. All we are going to hear about is the 2007 NFC Championship game and how great Eli played in that game and yada yada yada. Bottom line, we lost that game because Brett Favre threw a costly interception in overtime.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gotta say, I am growing weary of the Packers fans that are so scared of the Giants. I think it stems from what happened in the 2007 NFC Championship game than anything else. This same dominant D that is being displayed right now against Atlanta, Aaron dropped 38 on them. We have our full O-Line back so we will see what happens. The Giants faced a scared Matt Ryan and a coach that made some idiotic calls. Not the same thing they will be dealing with when they come to Lambeau.
Well I was growing weary of all the Packers fans who were proclaiming us to be the best team ever and about to go undefeated, who overlooked the fact that our defense sucks, right before we lost to Kansas City.

Teams can slow our offense down. The Rams held us to 24, the Chiefs held us to 14.
A good defense can slow us down.

The Giants front 4 is as good as it gets.

Jason Pierre-Paul is a force off the edge, so is Osi Umeniora. I wish they had traded him when he whined to be out... Justin Tuck is their Cullen Jenkins.
That is a good defense. Stick your chest out all you want, that is a good defense and their pass rush is capable now, with Osi back healthy, of doing what Tamba Hali and KC did to us.

Then you look at their offense and they have 2 great WRs, a guy like Sproles in Ahmad Bradshaw, and a banger like LeGarrette Blount, in Brandon Jacobs.

Oh, and at QB, they have a rare guy who has won a Super Bowl, and has won a playoff game at Green Bay already so he's not at all intimidated by playing at Lambeau in January.

This is the hardest matchup we could have possibly had for this game.
I still say we'll be about a touchdown favorite from the Vegas oddsmakers. But we were favored by 7 over them in the 2007 NFCCG too, and were favored by 14 at Kansas City this year.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I trust McCarthy will come up with a good game plan for the Giants. Gotta have deversity with runs, screens quick passes. Everything he can do to help that O line he needs to do it.

Giants haven't looked all that great on offense today...hoping our D can step it up and keep them in check.

I have a feeling he already has a plan for them.

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know all week long, all we are going to hear about is how great the Giants D-Line is and how banged up our O-Line is and blah blah blah. But Aaron Rodgers is not Tony Romo and he's not Matt Ryan. We'll be ready. That past 2007 NFC Championship game is probably fresh in the Packers' minds. Bishop and Hawk didn't play in that game at New York this season. Hawk is inconsistent, but we missed Bishop out there.

You said it perfect, great motivation will be used because of the defeat in 07! Thats why im pumped for this rematch, to get even on them gmen. I just hate Eli so much for some reason. While they have the same qb undercenter from that rematch, we have a different one. Hes been "kind've good for us".! :)

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Its going to be a shoot out for sure!!! Both teams want it too much!!!:)

Reaction score
I understand that the Giants D-Line is great and they cause a lot of disruption but if Aaron is protected, he will be okay because that secondary is no match for our WRs and Jermichael. But I think this is about our defense vs the Giants offense. Eli embarrassed that defense the last time they played. The Packers need to make sure it doesn't happen again. Remember we had two rookie linebackers playing in that game instead of Hawk and Bishop. We shall see what happens.

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder how much pressure Capers will dial up, because if we dont get to him with a line rush, were going to have to send some blitzers. I just think our secondary will come to play for this game and have one of their best games of the season, even if we dont get pressure up front.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
A famous quote from General Grant during the Civil War; "I am sick and tired of hearing that Bobby Lee has turned a double somersault and landed on both our flanks and rear at the same time. Go back to your command and start worrying about what WE are going to do, not what Lee is going to do."

Well, I'm sick and tired of hearing that the Giants are going to do a double somersault and hit the Packers from everywhere. Ironically it seems like everyone is underestimating the Packers. Don't underestimate this Green Bay Packers team.

Marem19

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can honestly say this is the one team i did not want to see (even more than the saints and 9ers) but hey nothing you can do about now and so like Ivo said at the top Bring It!!!!!

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can honestly say this is the one team i did not want to see (even more than the saints and 9ers) but hey nothing you can do about now and so like Ivo said at the top Bring It!!!!!

We have nothing to worry about.

We have played Manning in one of his best games in New York and we still beat them.

We are going to kill this team.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts