Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Vikings - 10/23: WIN 33 - 27

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I dont understand how people come up with predictions of scores, I find it really stupid.
What if A-rod goes down in the first 5 minutes of the game?
There goes your 35-14 or whatever game out of the window.
All I'll say as I think we can beat them, we have some great tape from last week to see how to stop AP but that all might change this week with Ponder depending on how well he throws the ball.

I think predictions are just a fun way to get involved in the game no one said you have to predicted the game.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think predictions are just a fun way to get involved in the game no one said you have to predicted the game.

this is a great response that should not be overlooked, it's as if society takes everything so literal and serious nowadays nobody can have any fun. It's ironic though because as society gets more serious and literal they seem to become dumber and less self-aware. le sigh

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
How's about these pics from the FIRST Packers/Vikings game in 1961. Yes!! 1961 ... all joking aside, the Vikings ARE an expansion team. ;o) There are deflated footballs at the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame from the 1920's that are older than the Vikings franchise. Ok... so enough crap talk, and on with the slide show. I wasn't even 3 years old when this game was played....but, I love the pics from games back when:

http://packersnews.greenbaypressgaz...1018&Kategori=PKR0804&Lopenr=110180804&Ref=PH

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
27 - 17 Packers. I saw enough of Ponder to think he'll be sharper than McNabb, even though he is a rookie. Pressure from the Minnesota D will force the Packers offense to make a lot of short and slant adjustments. Masthay will have to have a good day and win field position battles, which he will. Peterson will be a problem, enough to help the Vikings get their 17 points. (Maybe even 21) He'll probably have at least a 100 yard day. With a rookie QB, I'm guessing the Vikings use large doses of "All Day". I don't expect this to be a runaway. I expect another heart attack Pack kind of day.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Thankfully Mediacom put Fox back on the air, and I am happy to know I'll be getting this game around 4:30 after watching Atlanta and Detroit, then the Saints play right after the Pack. Gonna sit back in the bed or living room, relax and watch the last 2 after I am done drawing this morning. Damn sinuses are killing me.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

Deep behind enemy lines, the leader of the Vikings sits Pondering.
Visions of sinking Vikings ships, the number 52 haunting every waking thought.
The Viking horn sounds in the distance, mournful and forlorn.
Purple haze, enveloped, immersed by a sea of green and gold,
he can Ponder no longer.
They are coming.
They are coming.
The Pack is coming.

Deke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always feel a bit nervous before the game. And don't settle unless we are a couple of scores ahead.
I see Cobb breaking out with a great return. I always predict a Packers win, how can I not!
Going with Packers 31 - 17. Go Pack GO !!

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
I'm a Vikings fan and I pick my nose
and think of football things.
Of Lions fans who suck their toes
and Bears who drub their dings.

and dream of Purple dreams.
Of Aaron Rodgers who dresses in rubber clothes
and the rest of the Packers who do it in teams.

and I wish for a win or two.
For Peterson who pushes the ball into the endzone
and Bernard Berrian with hands of glue.

And all of the while I "Ponder" and pick
I realize the Vikings season is f*cked.
The only thing the Vikings will have
is the 2012 Draft with Andrew Luck.

(with apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien)

~Val

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
this is a great response that should not be overlooked, it's as if society takes everything so literal and serious nowadays nobody can have any fun. It's ironic though because as society gets more serious and literal they seem to become dumber and less self-aware. le sigh

Haha my post was just so simple

Members online

Latest posts