Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Bears - 1/23 - NFC Championship Game: WIN 21 - 14

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i am very nervous about this game.

the Bears defense has proven that they can contain our offense. i don't think we'll be seeing 48 points this time lol.

I think this game is going to come down to getting pressure on Cutler. In week 17 their run game seemed to be pretty effective but they stopped using it. That has been a continuing trend for the Bears this season, the majority of their games go about 60% pass 40% run.

My point being, if Cutler is given too much time he can carve up a secondary. He is going to be dropping back to pass plenty of times in the game and he needs to be pressured and hit. When Cutler is pressured/hit/sacked he gets frustrated. When he gets frustrated he makes poor decisions with his throws.

Looking back at the Bears-Seahawks game, Cutler was under almost no pressure. He had the time to allow deep routes to be run and he was able to light up the secondary. Even though he wasn't under much pressure, Cutler still gifted 2 or 3 passes that should have been easy INT's. The Packers CAN NOT afford to miss opportunities for turnovers, and our wide receivers can not drop the ball!

Needless to say, this is gonna be a fantastic game.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If special teams wasn't involved in this football game i will feel 100% about a victory, but they are so I just pray our ST play well and don't give up good field position and Crosby if it comes down to a field goal plzzzz make it or them. Keep HESTER contained if we have to punt.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like everyone is pretty healthy minus Zombo. first time all season we have been this healthy it sounds like.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I keep saying " Bears and their fans disprove Darwin's theory of evolution" Go Pack Go!! Go Bears to He double hockey sticks.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Heydo you guys know if MM has ever beat the bears in Chicago as a HC for the packers? I had someone at a bar tell me last night mm has never won in chi town

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heydo you guys know if MM has ever beat the bears in Chicago as a HC for the packers? I had someone at a bar tell me last night mm has never won in chi town

Not true. Off the top of my head we won in 06 and 09 in chicago

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score

ya thats not true, we won in 09, 21-14. Thats the game where grant got like a 63 yard td run.

PackerDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oicSTRWH_i0]YouTube - Prophetic and Pizzle - Official "Green and Yellow" (GO PACK GO)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3pFD-xdPRE]YouTube - Higher Education Presents: Feelin So Fly Like a Cheesehead (Official Music Video) [Cascia Films][/ame]

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL Nick Barnett just called cheesehead tv and got the answering machine.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Packer fans, love your posts. But this is a Packer-Bear game. Don't forget to end post with :chisux:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CONSPIRACY THEORY ALERT

Do you think the Bears might be keeping Soldier field slippery on purpose?
Could they know where the slippery spots are?
I wonder if they will somehow use the field knowledge, if they have any, to their advantage.

I just hope the Packers will be well prepared to play on any surface. Even hot coals.

:chisux:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's get back to football..... 3 days + a few hours.....
I'm nervous as hell.
I will be taking another one for the team.... How much is a Packer win worth to you?
To me, it's worth a lot, and I am going to put that amount on the Bears to buy another victory for us.

I will take the Bears +3 1/2 or + 4, and hope we win by 3 so I can win the $ and we go to the Super Bowl.

If I lose my bet & $, that's okay cuz that means we will have won.... and by more than 4 so maybe not as stressful.

The offense of the Eagles with Vick, DeSean Jackson, Maclin, LeSean McCoy, and the Falcons is so much more high octane than this Bears offense.
I really only worry about Devin Hester on punt returns. If there was ever a game we didn't want to punt, it's this game, not Atlanta.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CONSPIRACY THEORY ALERT

Do you think the Bears might be keeping Soldier field slippery on purpose?
Could they know where the slippery spots are?
I wonder if they will somehow use the field knowledge, if they have any, to their advantage.

I just hope the Packers will be well prepared to play on any surface. Even hot coals.

:chisux:

The Bears arent in charge of the field, its the NFLs call. Just like when we had to replace our sod before.