Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Bears - 1/23 - NFC Championship Game: WIN 21 - 14

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

This is great!!! Alot of cool pics on here,... I think it was Packdans with 12 doing the title belt celebration...then FrankRizzo's Bear hunting season with the guys in camo!! LOL!
Of course Armands with the Claymaker front and center!!!

COME'ON SUNDAY!!!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I am packattackuk

I was sure they would beat Atlanta

Not so sure now..

2 reasons and 2 reasons only

The Field

and trouble vs the Bears defense

1396 yards
4 int
7 td

Average for 6 games

232 yards per game
.666 int per game
1.1 td per game

BearsFan2011

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahh a day we have all lived for, first time ever in our lifetimes to where a bears packers games means something more than pride. Two teams with a chance at history, and its fun to just sit back and soak it all in. Yet neither fans would accept a loss, and next year isnt an option so its do or die. The bears are not afraid of the packs offense which only mustered a meager 27 points in two games vs them, so your win in atlanta proves one thing, any given saturday or sunday the best team that day wins not the best team. With that said dont overlook the bears on your way to dallas, u might be icefishing and selling those tickets you bought.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am packattackuk

I was sure they would beat Atlanta

Not so sure now..

2 reasons and 2 reasons only

The Field

and trouble vs the Bears defense

1396 yards
4 int
7 td

Average for 6 games

232 yards per game
.666 int per game
1.1 td per game
Think about it like this.

Their offense was only able to score 17 points both games against us.

In a game that our offense was crap, we won.

And the game we lost:
1) It was by 3 points
2) It took a fumble that bounced the right way, not going out of bounds
3) It took a record setting 18 penalties, one even negating a TD
4) It took a punt return for TD
5) It took a blocked FG

Altogether, we outgained them in yards 681 to 503, 27 to 23 in points, but 27 to 16 in points generated by the offense.

I'm not gonna predict "if we do this we win", but we were clearly the more talented team both instances, and we clearly outplayed them both games, like we did against Atlanta. We shot ourselves in the foot the time we lost, against Atlanta.

We even shot ourselves in the foot the second time we played Atlanta (fumble and kickoff return), but overall we had a much better game...

tmlfan3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahh a day we have all lived for, first time ever in our lifetimes to where a bears packers games means something more than pride. Two teams with a chance at history, and its fun to just sit back and soak it all in. Yet neither fans would accept a loss, and next year isnt an option so its do or die. The bears are not afraid of the packs offense which only mustered a meager 27 points in two games vs them, so your win in atlanta proves one thing, any given saturday or sunday the best team that day wins not the best team. With that said dont overlook the bears on your way to dallas, u might be icefishing and selling those tickets you bought.

Agreed that it's great to see a game of importance... but you seem to forget that our "meager 27 points" is more than you guys got in those same two games... even moreso if you discount the hester return.

As for the atlanta game... a lot of people would argue (including media and even some falcons fans) that we actually were the better team, and not just that day.

Lastly, I am not overlooking the bears and think this is going to be a tight game. and we all have followed our team all year and know they'll be prepared.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone ever consider that the last meeting it was vanilla stuff so they didnt tip their hand?

I dont buy that but talking about it on local radio now

PackerDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers win I am going to need a great pic of Rodgers hoisting the Halas trophy for a few bears forums.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
If the Packers lose to the Bears this game it would be a tougher loss to take since its a game with everything on the line. And who ever loses will be disappointed to no end.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
na brah, ill be here to the reactions when the packers lose. :)
i am 100% unbiased in everything that i say/post.

I'm sure you'll keep posting here... You create a name the week the Bears play the Packers for the NFC Title... After Sunday's game you will never post here again.

You think Cutler is on the same, or possibly level, than Rodgers.. I could see you're clearly unbiased :Heristical:

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
would a loss Sunday be worse than the 07 NFC Championship?

Yes.

It is one thing to lose to a team at home that you are clearly better than (2007). It is WHOLE nother thing to lose to the Chicago Bears. If pigs fly and the Packers lose, our biggest rival would move on to the Super Bowl.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is Quarless hitting a guy who had 2 concussions this year a little bit too hard in PackerDan's .gif?

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone ever consider that the last meeting it was vanilla stuff so they didnt tip their hand?

I dont buy that but talking about it on local radio now

The "vanilla theory" makes ABSOLUTELY no sense. You're Lovie Smith... You have the 2nd Seed locked up and can't possibly improve your standing... Why risk injury to your starters by playing them to lose? If Lovie Smith played his starters the entire game with vanilla play-calling, he should be fired right now.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
As good as the Bears D is, I don't think they will be able to stop our offense. Aaron is just playing at a level that is pretty much unstoppable. I also don't think the Bears offense will be able to do anything with our D. I'm as proud as our D as I am of our O. Cutler is going to have himself a time out there what with our D providing constant pressure. He will make mistakes and we will make him pay for it.

I'm actually very confident about this game. I believe in this team 100%. I don't think much of anything can stop them now save for themselves.

Hold onto your cheesehead hats, Packer fans, my spider sense is telling me the Packers will go to the SB and have a high probability of winning it. I feel something here, it's just a feeling, maybe I am being silly and getting caught up in emotions but I can't help it. I just believe. I believe.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts