Official game 13 pregame thread: Tell Me About The Giants

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't really followed the Giants much, other than to know their starting QB is out.

But what happened to them this year? They had a great 2022-2023 season, won one playoff game and now, pfffft....... Were there excessive injuries, difficult schedule? I just remember the NFC East as being on fire last year. Well, with Philly and Dallas, that's still true I guess.

Either Philly or more likely Dallas will be a wild card with an 12-5 or 13-4 season, maybe better. And that while the NFC South winner could easily be below .500 and get a home playoff game. No justice, sometimes.
The Giant knockout of the Vikings last January should have given them something to build. On their first drive of the season they drove the field against the Boys and were on the doorstep. One fatal turnover and the next thing you know they lose 40-0. It has been all downhill since. But they beat us in London last year and let us have no sympathy.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Odd to think that going into the season the young underdog Packers could be facing a trap game. But I think they're rolling and will be ready for this game. Defense gets some sacks and turnovers, Love & company keep rolling.
Packers,34-10

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Odd to think that going into the season the young underdog Packers could be facing a trap game. But I think they're rolling and will be ready for this game. Defense gets some sacks and turnovers, Love & company keep rolling.
Packers,34-10
One thing I realize is that young teams even though they have more ups and downs are triggered a little differently. If this was a noon game with only regional coverage like Atlanta or Pittsburgh the team may start out daydreaming. Our last 2 wins were Thanksgiving and SNF, both with national audiences. This one is MNF and although it is not the Giant team preseason prognosticators predicted it whets the appetite that we are in prime time. We do not want another Raider debacle.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Daniel Jones is what happened imho. He is not really that good. Last year he used his legs very effectively toward the end of the year. But defenses caught up with that. I really don't know anything about their O or D lines.
Thanks gopkrs. And didn't the Giants resign jones for like $40 mil/year? I'm ok with running QBs who have some size (Allen, Hurts) but they gotta do more than run. The Giants may have been playing above their pay grade last year.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I realize is that young teams even though they have more ups and downs are triggered a little differently. If this was a noon game with only regional coverage like Atlanta or Pittsburgh the team may start out daydreaming. Our last 2 wins were Thanksgiving and SNF, both with national audiences. This one is MNF and although it is not the Giant team preseason prognosticators predicted it whets the appetite that we are in prime time. We do not want another Raider debacle.
Gotta be careful with this game - actually all the remaining games against "inferior" opponents. Interesting point though about a national audience. Hey whatever the reason, I'll take it. I think the Packers need to win three of these last five games, ideally all of them. But there are land mines when teams have nothing else to lose - fake punts, trick plays, all kinds of weird **** can happen.

Reaction score
NY plays in NJ and DC plays in Maryland. Hank if we build a new stadium? Let’s do her in Canada ya?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

Attachments

• giphy (2).gif
    giphy (2).gif
    989.7 KB · Views: 55

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The Giants, good or bad, seem to cast something of an onus on the Packers. I support you 100%.

On top of that... the Patriots beat the Steelers. Bad things can happen to good people

Last edited:

PackerRyche

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Manningcast this week so the worst part of this game is going to be listening to Aikman for 4 hours.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I used to get mad that sporting events on XM Radio are typically a couple of minutes behind. However, I've found that this is perfect for synching up broadcasts. I just hit pause on my tv until the timing matches up with the XM Radio broadcast and then un-pause. It's way better listening to Larrivee and McCarren than the tv announcers.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Manningcast this week so the worst part of this game is going to be listening to Aikman for 4 hours.
Oh boy, I forgot about that. Aikman is the most insufferable anti Packer commentator. Collingsworth ain't far behind.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I used to get mad that sporting events on XM Radio are typically a couple of minutes behind. However, I've found that this is perfect for synching up broadcasts. I just hit pause on my tv until the timing matches up with the XM Radio broadcast and then un-pause. It's way better listening to Larrivee and McCarren than the tv announcers.
I'm 3 mins behind on radio and TV. In Phoenix

I have friends text me and they ruin it sometimes

Reaction score
I'm 3 mins behind on radio and TV. In Phoenix

I have friends text me and they ruin it sometimes
I have the same problem. I’ve got 6 Siblings from Virginia to NJ to Texas that all start going nuts when we’re doing good. Not to mention my neighbors (ones from WI like myself) and work associates depending (they are mostly Cowboys, then 1 KC, 1 Denver, 1 SF49 etc.) depending on who we play I’m getting texts. Oh my brother in law is a St Cloud boy so when we play MN. I get texts like near every time we play them

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants, good or bad, seem to cast something of an onus on the Packers. I support you 100%.

On top of that... the Patriots beat the Steelers. Bad things can happen to good people
Well we all probably remember that NFCCG near the end of the Favre era. I think the actual temp was below zero. I think the Giants' coach, Tom Coughlin (sp?), got frostbite on his nose. If I recall, the Giants won in OT after a Favre pic.

So yeah, this has all the makings of a trap game. A suddenly resurgent Packer team with a Giant team mired in a season of lost expectations and not much to lose other than a high draft spot (and teams just don't tank). A lot of things could happen, not all of them good.

Go Pack Go!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we all probably remember that NFCCG near the end of the Favre era. I think the actual temp was below zero. I think the Giants' coach, Tom Coughlin (sp?), got frostbite on his nose. If I recall, the Giants won in OT after a Favre pic.

So yeah, this has all the makings of a trap game. A suddenly resurgent Packer team with a Giant team mired in a season of lost expectations and not much to lose other than a high draft spot (and teams just don't tank). A lot of things could happen, not all of them good.

Go Pack Go!
We were pretty good against Coughlin in the regular season but in the playoffs his game plans were remarkable.

Reaction score
As with every game you have to show up to play. Obviously no games are easy this year and particularly on the Road or with a team in early development on O (us)
That said, I like our chances. Our Offense is clicking a little better now and our DL has been playing great lately. We temporarily lost #9, but I think we still have enough options to get it done on Offense.

Devito is going to get flushed quite a bit. Barry had better have a plan for Devito running it with Quay out. I’d keep McDuffie home as Devito’s permanent dance partner when he doesn’t hand the ball off.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The Pats were gunning to go undefeated that season. I honestly did not think the Pack would beat the Patriots anyway, but hey, you never know right? I was a Giants fan in that Super Bowl.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pats were gunning to go undefeated that season. I honestly did not think the Pack would beat the Patriots anyway, but hey, you never know right? I was a Giants fan in that Super Bowl.
Ah that's right! Good catch weeds. Yeah the Pats were 18-0 going into that SB. I know I didn't think the Giants could possibly beat GB (wrong) and that the Giants would never beat the Pats and all those old Dolphins players would finally shut up. Wrong again.

Was that the SB with the "helmet catch" and was Randy Moss with the Pats? Finally, I remember BB running off the field without shaking Coughlin's hand. I think. It was 2008.

Members online

Latest posts