Official Bears thread for Christmas

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tales of our demise have been greatly exaggerated. :) I'm more than happy to have the Pack prove me wrong and make an easy game out of this. I'm happy with our O-line situation and very impressed with the way the coaches handled the situation. Oh, and that Aaron Rodgers.... I believe Clay Matthews said it best, "when you got a quarterback like that you can afford to make some mistakes."

Packers beat the Bears on Christmas day, knocking them out of the playoffs in the process and meanwhile clinching home field advantage. Best present a fan could get! :)

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
i thought it was VERY stressful the first half...second half..especially 4th quarter was fun!

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
We did this year what they failed to do last year: beat your opponent and take them out of the playoffs. Sweeeeeeeeeet!!!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Oline played EXTREMELY well

Grant seems to have a extra gear last 3 games, just wish they would use him more

Drops still seemed to be a slight issue...This can't be happening anymore..It stops now

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
slight??? I call major.... thats how bad it stressed me... not slightly!!! :unsure:

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still say the lousy D and lack of a running game is going to bite them in the *** in the playoffs....

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still say the lousy D and lack of a running game is going to bite them in the *** in the playoffs....

If there are no improvements in these areas I agree this could be a disappointing playoff. BUT, watch the Packer players and coaches closely during interviews and tell me I am not the only one picking up a calm, "we know something you don't" look in their eye and a mildly cocky little smirk on their faces. That is encouraging to me, don't ask me why. So the road to The SB runs through Green Bay, the Pack is 14-1 for the first time in history, and the Bears watch the playoffs from the couch...life is good!!!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there are no improvements in these areas I agree this could be a disappointing playoff. BUT, watch the Packer players and coaches closely during interviews and tell me I am not the only one picking up a calm, "we know something you don't" look in their eye and a mildly cocky little smirk on their faces. That is encouraging to me, don't ask me why. So the road to The SB runs through Green Bay, the Pack is 14-1 for the first time in history, and the Bears watch the playoffs from the couch...life is good!!!

I noticed that look in their eyes last year at around this stage in the season! It's what gave me such confidence in the team. They seemed to have this spark, it translated to me and I just believed.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I noticed that look in their eyes last year at around this stage in the season! It's what gave me such confidence in the team. They seemed to have this spark, it translated to me and I just believed.

So I'm not the only one seeing this, feeling better still.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So long as that look is just a look of confidence, and not over-confidence....

Mighty Mike 77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kind of true. i think its usually not the state of the art, letting the passing game establish the running game..... and we did miss way to many tackles, or they broke too many .

But isnt it some kind of weird complaining about worse D or running game whenthe team has won the superbowl and lost just one game since then ?:tdown:

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kind of true. i think its usually not the state of the art, letting the passing game establish the running game..... and we did miss way to many tackles, or they broke too many .

But isnt it some kind of weird complaining about worse D or running game whenthe team has won the superbowl and lost just one game since then ?:tdown:

I would say yes, if they go on the win the SB again...if they don't, it's ligit...

Mighty Mike 77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and if they don't ? There will always be somebody better than yourself ..... sooner or later .....

the race is on, you can't change the horse or the jockey anymore .......

FearThePack

13x World Champs!
Reaction score
As much as we like to criticize Newhouse for his play this year (and rightfully so), I have to give props where they are due this week. He was able to hold his own against one of the premier pass rushers in the game in Julius Peppers. Where was that Newhouse all season!?

jthom19802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I hate all division foes, there is no hatred quite like that which I have for the Bears. Kudos on the win.

Members online

Latest posts