OFFICIAL: 2017 schedule discussion

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I believe the least amount of games you guys have won in the Rodgers era is 10.

They're one of the most consistent teams of the last decade primarily because of Rodgers.

They'll be the thick of things once again.
Actually it's 6. But who's paying attention.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Post-draft that schedule looks a lot tougher. Seattle, Cincinnati, Atlanta and Dallas in the first 5 games...ouch.

If the Packers are 3-2 after that point I wouldn't be disappointed.

Packerbacker222

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will do my best here with each game:

Week 1: vs Seattle- LOSS. I know we usually play them well at home but I just have a feeling they get us this time.
Week 2: @ Atlanta- LOSS- Insane primetime game again that they put us up against a team opening a new stadium!
Week 3: vs Cincinnati- WIN- They will not be able to stop the offense here and we get our first W
Week 4: vs Chicago- WIN- Late night game vs the Bears? Beatdown!
Week 5: @ Dallas- LOSS- Close game and a lot of points. We may lose a close one
Week 6: @ Minnesota- WIN. I think they are a major disappointment this season.
Week 7: vs New Orleans- WIN. The Saints are better but that defense is still suspect after the draft.
Week 8: BYE
Week 9: vs Detroit- WIN. The Lions are doing some good things but will not get a W at Lambeau on MNF
Week 10: @ Chicago- WIN. They are still a couple years away.
Week 11: vs Baltimore- WIN. This may be low scoring and the Ravens defense will be good. However, the offense has nothing.
Week 12: @ Pittsburgh- LOSS- Heinz is a tough place to play.
Week 13: vs TB- WIN- TB coming to Lambeau in early December. Hopefully its cold!
Week 14: @ Cleveland- WIN- Who will be the starting QB for Cleveland? Our defense best game!
Week 15: @ Carolina- WIN- Tough game here but I think we hit a stride with the defense the last 2 games.
Week 16: vs Minnesota- WIN- Again, I think the Vikings have a down year big time
Week 17: @ Detroit- LOSS- Coin flip but I think they get us.

11-5 Season. I am hoping no worse than 10-6. The Carolina game is interesting as well as the Saints.

dcanddinky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would you have said no way we lose 6 games last year when we were favored in 15-16 to start the year? Always seem to drop one or two we shouldn't. Bears have Howard and an improved qb

D

Deleted member 6794

Would you have said no way we lose 6 games last year when we were favored in 15-16 to start the year? Always seem to drop one or two we shouldn't. Bears have Howard and an improved qb

I'm not convinced Glennon or Trubisky end up being an upgrade over Cutler and Barkley.

Croquet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, let's get it on right away. The schedule is very tough, but the flip side is we're going head to head with most of our main competition in the conference; a good opportunity for tiebreakers for the top seeds.

Totally agree. In order to be a big boy you have to play with the big boys. What doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers training camp schedule:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

SeahawkFan80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great stuff here guys. I hope that my team irons out some things in training camp. We do need a starter on the other side of Sherman. RW is back to his old weight, so will be more fleet of foot. Eddie is on schedule to make his presence known. It will be a great game with yall. I will be wearing a flashy hat in Lambeau on our gameday. I can see at least 11 wins for yall this year and probably the same or better by 1 for my team. I dunno tho, I am just a fan. Have fun.

Phil jones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eddie is probably going to be healthy and motivated.
Hi ,I'm traveling from the UK for this game as its on my 60th birthday . Too late to book a room in Green Bay . Would you know if there are any game day buses from Milwaukee ,or could you point me in the right direction ...thank you
Phil.....

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi ,I'm traveling from the UK for this game as its on my 60th birthday . Too late to book a room in Green Bay . Would you know if there are any game day buses from Milwaukee ,or could you point me in the right direction ...thank you
Phil.....
some good ideas in the New Orleans thread.

Sky King

Reaction score
Phil.....
I was born in Milwaukee but have not lived there for over 41 years and really could not be of much help in that regard. Poppa San's remark regarding the New Orleans game thread is good advice.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
If Lacey was not in a Seattle uniform, I would mark week 1 as a loss. I think our defense is going to be hungry against him. As we well know, if you can stop the run is Seattle, you win the game. Russell Wilson has been very subpar against us, though somehow pulled off a win against the Pats at home so we will see. I just like the Seattle matchup. There is so much passion in that game and its homefield at Lambeau.

Falcons are a different story. I could see them smoking us, but they did lose their OC...so we have that going in our favor. I will do a small prayer every night for our defense to shock the world this season.

Reaction score
I aint' gonna lie..that is not an easy schedule, particularly before the Bye. We need to start fast this year if we want that homefield we talked about. I don't see the mid season slump repeating, so if we are 3-2 or 4-1 we will have a platform at putting together a string of W's to set us up for December and maybe a shot at several games at Lambeau in January

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I aint' gonna lie..that is not an easy schedule, particularly before the Bye. We need to start fast this year if we want that homefield we talked about. I don't see the mid season slump repeating, so if we are 3-2 or 4-1 we will have a platform at putting together a string of W's to set us up for December and maybe a shot at several games at Lambeau in January

I will gladly give up home field advantage, if the Packers finish the season redhot and playing great on both sides of the ball, just like they did in 2010 when they took to the Road to eventually win the Super Bowl. All about being at your best when it comes to playoff time, ask the Dallas team last year. Nice to play at home in the playoffs, but it usually is about getting into the playoffs relatively healthy and playing well.

Latest posts