OFFICIAL: 2017 schedule discussion

D

Deleted member 6794

I expect the Packers to finish the regular season at 12-4. With me planning to attend some games at Lambeau next season it might be a lot worse though. :sneaky:

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here it is boys. This is the year.

Wk1 SEA 9/10 325
Wk 2 @ATL 9/17 SNF
Wk 3 CIN 9/24 3:25
Wk 4 CHI 9/28 TNF
Wk 5 @DAL 10/8 3:25
Wk 6 @MIN 10/15 12
Wk 7 NO 10/22 12
Wk 8 BYE
Wk 9 DET MNF
Wk 10 @Chi 11/12 12
Wk 11 BAL 11/19 12
Wk 12 @PITT 11/26 SNF
Wk 13 TB 12/3 12
Wk 14 @CLE 12/10 12
Wk 15 @CAR 12
Wk 16 MIN 12/23 (SAT)
Wk 17 @DET 12/31 12

Woo hoo. A reasonable Bye week.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect the Packers to finish the regular season at 12-4. With me planning to attend some games at Lambeau next season it might be a lot worse though. :sneaky:
I can see them going 12-4 if the defense steps up, but I could see them go 9-7 if the defense doesn't improve over last year.

CowboysFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see them going 12-4 if the defense steps up, but I could see them go 9-7 if the defense doesn't improve over last year.
I believe the least amount of games you guys have won in the Rodgers era is 10.

They're one of the most consistent teams of the last decade primarily because of Rodgers.

They'll be the thick of things once again.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
just bought my tickets to Seahawks game. I couldn't resist and gotta admit I'm pretty excited.

I'll never forget having to go there on there "banner night" and was actually in Las Vegas for that game. No banner being put out at this one but still nice to get em at season opener.

CowboysFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My favorite matchups overall.

1. Dallas/Oakland.
2. New England/Oakland.
3. Green Bay/Pittsburgh.
4. Green Bay/Dallas.
5. Dallas/Atlanta.
6. Atlanta/New England.
7. Seattle/Green Bay.
8. Green Bay/Atlanta.
9. Atlanta/Seattle.
10. New York/Dallas.

Some fantastic matchups. Other than just the Cowboys I probably watch you guys as much as anyone. Love watching that #12 and just have a lot of appreciation for what he's able to do each week. Green Bay/Atlanta and then our game with the Falcons might be the highest scoring games of the season.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thursday, Saturday, 2 Sunday, + a Monday for 5 national games plus 3 late games. Not including flex which starts in week 5. Almost won't need Sunday ticket.

Yeah, just noticed the Saturday game with the Vikings is a national game on NBC>
Good to see we're still getting recognition as a marquee matchup.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
My favorite matchups overall.

1. Dallas/Oakland.
2. New England/Oakland.
3. Green Bay/Pittsburgh.
4. Green Bay/Dallas.
5. Dallas/Atlanta.
6. Atlanta/New England.
7. Seattle/Green Bay.
8. Green Bay/Atlanta.
9. Atlanta/Seattle.
10. New York/Dallas.

Some fantastic matchups. Other than just the Cowboys I probably watch you guys as much as anyone. Love watching that #12 and just have a lot of appreciation for what he's able to do each week. Green Bay/Atlanta and then our game with the Falcons might be the highest scoring games of the season.

I'm eyeballing Green Bay/Pittsburg. Heinz field on my bucket list.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

They're one of the most consistent teams of the last decade primarily because of Rodgers.

Went 6-10 his first full season starting, and 8-7-1 in 2013 the year he missed some games due to injury.

Other than that you are correct. But with Rodgers starting a full slate of games, the Packers have been pretty good. Unfortunately, that's due primarily to Aaron Rodgers, without much help from a streaky at best defense.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Could easily start off 0-3 with this leaky defense.

Seattle got more issues then us right now. Right now there set to start Joeckel at left tackle. That offensive line has issues. Then the whole Sherman thing and not to mention Thomas coming off a pretty big injury. They might be rolling a rookie corner into Lambeau.

I like our chances here.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the last 7-8 years, when the schedule is released I have always chalked them up anywhere from 10-6 to 13-3.

Not so this year.

I am looking at a 9-7 team, I think they could even lose 8. If they start slow (like many seasons under MM), they could come out of the gate 1-4, 2-5 as they are playing a lot of talented teams in the first half of the season.

They have a bunch of number 3 corners competing for spots they are not qualified for. It was a mess last season, and I find it disheartening they did not sign/trade for a legit number 1.

The line is also not going to be as great a strength as last season, and we are expecting to get better production from our RBs without Lacy? They need to draft early and often on the secondary to hope and find a true starter, so they are banking on a 3rd or 4th rounder being able to produce in his first year behind what could be a suspect line?

I hate to be so negative, but I see this team at 9-7.. If they can avoid the slow start, yeah I see them at 10-6 and sneaking into the playoffs but even then the best case scenario is probably another divisional round exit.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
For the last 7-8 years, when the schedule is released I have always chalked them up anywhere from 10-6 to 13-3.

Not so this year.

I am looking at a 9-7 team, I think they could even lose 8. If they start slow (like many seasons under MM), they could come out of the gate 1-4, 2-5 as they are playing a lot of talented teams in the first half of the season.

They have a bunch of number 3 corners competing for spots they are not qualified for. It was a mess last season, and I find it disheartening they did not sign/trade for a legit number 1.

The line is also not going to be as great a strength as last season, and we are expecting to get better production from our RBs without Lacy? They need to draft early and often on the secondary to hope and find a true starter, so they are banking on a 3rd or 4th rounder being able to produce in his first year behind what could be a suspect line?

I hate to be so negative, but I see this team at 9-7.. If they can avoid the slow start, yeah I see them at 10-6 and sneaking into the playoffs but even then the best case scenario is probably another divisional round exit.

This is pretty good analysis and if I were betting it that is how I would go about it but as everyone keeps talking around here there is always "Hope"

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Not so this year.

Name the 7 fer sure losses in the schedule. You see no chance of wins vs last season playoff teams? As bad as they were last season, the Packers did beat some playoff teams, including 2 in the playoffs.

My guess: 4-3 at the bye, 7-2 after it.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Tentatively, without seeing further roster additions/subtractions (also, these are NOT my official season predictions. Those will come in early September. :) )

Wk1 Seattle -
Our guys will be hyped and ready to go.
Wk 2 @Atlanta - Until further notice, I'm not giving our secondary a shot unless AR goes nuts
Wk 3 Cincinnati - This game is intriguing, but it's Pack at home
Wk 4 Chicago - It's still the Bears
Wk 5 @dallas - Revenge game for the boys.
Wk 6 @Minnesota - Bounce back from the week 2 disappointment last year
Wk 7 New Orleans - If this were in NO, it would give me pause. Not at Lambeau
Wk 8 BYE
Wk 9 Detroit - Off a bye week, this would be a disappointing loss
Wk 10 @Chicago - Take care of business
Wk 11 Baltimore - I think this could be the upset of the season
Wk 12 @Pittsburgh - If the big 3 are healthy, this will be tough
Wk 13 Tampa Bay - Warm weather team in late November in Green Bay
Wk 14 @Cleveland - No way could I do it
Wk 15 @Carolina - Something about that 2015 game
Wk 16 Minnesota - Refocused, playoff mode
Wk 17 @Detroit - Hopefully this will be a throwaway game.

11-5

This, assuming decent health, would be my lowest result. possibly a loss to either Detroit/Minny on the road.

The struggle for the Packers last season was giving up huge point totals to teams that had QB's with a top 10 QBR. Unfortunately, we have 6 games against those quarterbacks this season. Atlanta, Dallas, New Orleans, Detroit twice, and Pittsburgh. Until I see something more from our secondary, I can't pick them to beat Atlanta, Pittsburgh, and Dallas on the road. New Orleans is at home, that's why I'm picking that one. And Detroit seems to always find a way to shoot themselves in the foot.

If the defense improves to say...maybe a top 10-12 unit, I would be willing to go 12-13 wins.

CowboysFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Went 6-10 his first full season starting, and 8-7-1 in 2013 the year he missed some games due to injury.

Other than that you are correct. But with Rodgers starting a full slate of games, the Packers have been pretty good. Unfortunately, that's due primarily to Aaron Rodgers, without much help from a streaky at best defense.

I feel your pain. Reminds me of what the Cowboys have had a lot of these years with Romo (obviously Rodgers is a lot better) and even last year they weren't that good on defense with Dak. Falcons were pretty bad statistically on defense. Made it to the Super Bowl because of that offense, but eventually came back to haunt them.

D

Deleted member 6794

Falcons were pretty bad statistically on defense. Made it to the Super Bowl because of that offense, but eventually came back to haunt them.

The Falcons defense significantly improved over the second half of last season.

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
Oh okay folks let's not forget Rodgers and Munn are no more so that means a SB run! LMAO

Reaction score
The first thing I thought was "this is a tough start" but I think we'll be 4-2 to start.. then the bye week is much more favorable than last year. If 2016 Aaron n Co can pull out a 10-6 record with last year's secondary play?
My guess.. overall we improve slightly to 11-5 and lock the division before Christmas.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Actually no that'd be 6, we went 6-10 his first year as a starter in 2008, but that was with a very young team building an identity that took a little while.

Right now it's hard to say what we're going to finish at. Last year's schedule was supposed to have about 13 wins in it for us and we fell about 3 games short of that, though I know you could look at any number of reasons for that. This year it's going to be a lot tougher on paper, but then again there's several teams on our schedule that we gotta wait and see to know what's going to happen.

The two toughest looking games at the moment appear to be At Atlanta and At Pittsburgh with the one at Dallas being pretty close up there too.

The teams we don't know whether they'll be a tough out or not at this point I'd say are Carolina and Cincinnati. Carolina has the talent, but obviously since losing SB 50 they took a giant step back and Newton got pretty unsettled last year. Cincinnati had the big drop last year after making the playoffs all those years, but question is was last year just a bump in Dalton and Green's careers or is that team going to go continuing downward until Marvin Lewis is fired? Even so though, they've become a bit like the Chiefs in that they've been that pesky annoying AFC team that caught our number lately.

Anyone else on this schedule I'd say is fair game.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tentatively, without seeing further roster additions/subtractions (also, these are NOT my official season predictions. Those will come in early September. :) )

Wk1 Seattle -
Our guys will be hyped and ready to go.
Wk 2 @Atlanta - Until further notice, I'm not giving our secondary a shot unless AR goes nuts
Wk 3 Cincinnati - This game is intriguing, but it's Pack at home
Wk 4 Chicago - It's still the Bears
Wk 5 @dallas - Revenge game for the boys.
Wk 6 @Minnesota - Bounce back from the week 2 disappointment last year
Wk 7 New Orleans - If this were in NO, it would give me pause. Not at Lambeau
Wk 8 BYE
Wk 9 Detroit - Off a bye week, this would be a disappointing loss
Wk 10 @Chicago - Take care of business
Wk 11 Baltimore - I think this could be the upset of the season
Wk 12 @Pittsburgh - If the big 3 are healthy, this will be tough
Wk 13 Tampa Bay - Warm weather team in late November in Green Bay
Wk 14 @Cleveland - No way could I do it
Wk 15 @Carolina - Something about that 2015 game
Wk 16 Minnesota - Refocused, playoff mode
Wk 17 @Detroit - Hopefully this will be a throwaway game.

11-5

This, assuming decent health, would be my lowest result. possibly a loss to either Detroit/Minny on the road.

The struggle for the Packers last season was giving up huge point totals to teams that had QB's with a top 10 QBR. Unfortunately, we have 6 games against those quarterbacks this season. Atlanta, Dallas, New Orleans, Detroit twice, and Pittsburgh. Until I see something more from our secondary, I can't pick them to beat Atlanta, Pittsburgh, and Dallas on the road. New Orleans is at home, that's why I'm picking that one. And Detroit seems to always find a way to shoot themselves in the foot.

If the defense improves to say...maybe a top 10-12 unit, I would be willing to go 12-13 wins.

I could agree with most of that, but I just can't see the Ravens winning at Lambeau. They just aren't the same team since Ray Lewis retired and they like the Saints just seem headed for an inevitable shakeup sometime soon. Plus the Pack have had their number for the most part other than that 2005 disaster.

The Panthers .... well I'm not going to say there couldn't be some trouble there, but I think Cam's days of playing backyard football style are over, and there's just this sense I get that their window got shut. I could be wrong and they might bounce back given that they're the only team to ever win that division in back-to-back years and there's just no telling what might happen with a new OC and DC in Atlanta, but I'm a little leery about penciling that game in as a loss.

Members online

No members online now.