OFFICIAL: 2017 schedule discussion

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Tough schedule right out of the gates with Seattle and Atlanta, but I like it that way. Should be more of a sense of urgency early on that what we saw last season.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minnesota, Dallas, Seattle, Detroit are all more than realistic game of the week/flex options.

Would flex games start early like last season, instead of just the last month as in previous seasons? That would give us a good shot at the Dallas game.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tough schedule right out of the gates with Seattle and Atlanta, but I like it that way. Should be more of a sense of urgency early on that what we saw last season.

Yep, let's get it on right away. The schedule is very tough, but the flip side is we're going head to head with most of our main competition in the conference; a good opportunity for tiebreakers for the top seeds.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Updates at www.cbssports.com;
week 2 at Atlanta will be SNF
early season games with Seahawks, Bengals and Cowboys are 3:25 Central starts, making them 'game of the week'- in effect- national TV games.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Im glad there is no early bye this year. Having a bye week 4 sucks.
Nice to open the season at home against the Hawks. Maybe Feast mode will prove a challenge or not...

A prediction of record is
12-4 with a +1/-1 spread.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It's brutal. We're gonna need to score a ton of points with the offenses were up against.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Have faith, my friend.

Well i think Dallas is gonna fall off a bit. If we can take care of bizz early against Seattle and Atlanta will have essentially have two game lead over both for home field.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well i think Dallas is gonna fall off a bit. If we can take care of bizz early against Seattle and Atlanta will have essentially have two game lead over both for home field.
Agreed on Dallas, and who knows what Seattle team we'll see this year. ATL will be a nice chance at revenge, remember that we only lost to them by a point last year in the regular season.

It's a new year, anything can happen. And we have Aaron Rodgers.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Agreed on Dallas, and who knows what Seattle team we'll see this year. ATL will be a nice chance at revenge, remember that we only lost to them by a point last year in the regular season.

It's a new year, anything can happen. And we have Aaron Rodgers.

And Martellus Bennett. ;)

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
The Atlanta game is going to be tough. Its their new stadium opener, that place is going to be electric, just like it was in Minnesota last yr for their stadium opener....What's with us playing on the road to open new stadiums?

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Just think if TT somehow worked a trade for Sherman....Home/Season opener vs. Seattle: Lacy comes back to Green Bay, Sherman vs. old team, and Bennett brothers playing vs each other....now there's some pregame storyline buildup.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Atlanta game is going to be tough. Its their new stadium opener, that place is going to be electric, just like it was in Minnesota last yr for their stadium opener....What's with us playing on the road to open new stadiums?

It is a long way off and a lot can happen between now and then, but I agree. As of now, the Atlanta and Dallas games appear to be the hardest games on the schedule.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Will stadium be open is the question

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'd rather catch Seattle and Atlanta early like we are. Seattle will be playing a new left tackle and probably a rookie corner. Atlanta will be fresh off there Super Bowl devastation hangover.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Something I always look at are bye weeks. Who the Packers face after their own bye week and who the Packers have to face after the other teams bye week.

Last year, we faced the Giants after our bye week (the Giants weren't coming off of a bye) and beat them 23-16. The Packers faced no teams last season, after a team had a bye week.

This season got a little tougher, if you think a bye week is helpful to a team.

The Packers get to face the Lions after the Packers bye in week 8, Lions will be facing the Steelers on Sunday Night Football the week before....advantage Packers.

Then it goes downhill.

11/12: Packers @ Chicago. Bears will be coming off of a bye week.
11/19: Ravens @ Green Bay. Ravens will be coming off of a bye week.
11/26: Packers @ Pittsburgh. The Steelers will be coming off a "mini bye week", having played on 11/16

We do get a "mini bye week" after we play the Bears on 9/28 and then travel to Dallas for the 10/8 game.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Week 1: vs. Seattle Seahawks - Win. We usually beat them at home.
Week 2: at Atlanta Falcons - ??
Week 3: vs. Cincinnati Bengals - Win
Week 4: vs. Chicago Bears - Win
Week 5: at Dallas Cowboys - Win. Don't think we've lost there....yet.
Week 6: at Minnesota Vikings - Win.
Week 7: vs. New Orleans Saints - ???
Week 8: Bye Week - Definite win. We've never lost on a bye week....yet.
Week 9: vs. Detroit Lions - Win
Week 10: at Chicago Bears - Win
Week 11: vs. Baltimore Ravens - Win
Week 12: at Pittsburgh Steelers - Win. Home Advantage
Week 13: vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Win
Week 14: at Cleveland Browns - Win
Week 15: at Carolina Panthers - Win. Cam to cry again.
Week 16: vs. Minnesota Vikings - Win
Week 17: at Detroit Lions - Hail Mary!

Yup. A 16-0 season at best (17-0 if you count the bye week win) and 14-2 season at worst.

Here we come, SB!

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Why dont we play the Thanksgiving game this year. Its been two years in a row no Thanksgiving game.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here it is boys. This is the year.

Wk1 SEA 9/10 325 W
Wk 2 @ATL 9/17 SNF L
Wk 3 CIN 9/24 3:25 W
Wk 4 CHI 9/28 TNF W
Wk 5 @DAL 10/8 3:25 L
Wk 6 @MIN 10/15 12 W
Wk 7 NO 10/22 12 W
Wk 8 BYE
Wk 9 DET MNF W
Wk 10 @Chi 11/12 12 W
Wk 11 BAL 11/19 12 W
Wk 12 @PITT 11/26 SNF L
Wk 13 TB 12/3 12 W
Wk 14 @CLE 12/10 12 W
Wk 15 @CAR 12 L
Wk 16 MIN 12/23 (SAT) W
Wk 17 @DET 12/31 12 W

My most optimistic scenario 12-4. I put Carolina as a loss because there's always one game on the road where the Packers lay an egg. That will be adjusted downward when we see what our CB situation is come September.

Members online

Latest posts