Offensive line, Defensive line, Safety, Tightend, or Inside Linebacker?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
If the Packers can land CJ Mosley in Round 1, he'd be a great pick. But it's doubtful. The top safeties atm are Clinton-Dix, Calvin Pryor and behind them Dion Bailey. Whether they are 1st rounders or not isn't clear. Clinton-Dix is felt by more than a few to be overrated. The Packers could trade down and get either Pryor or Dix late in the 1st or early in the 2nd. If they don't get Mosley, that's what I'd do.

So my preference would be:

Trade #1 for an early #2 + early #4.

Round #2: Clinton-Dix or Pryor

Round #2: Anthony Steen, Ala. A OG who is ready to play OC. Everyone thinks that our OL is set as long as we can get everyone healthy. I'm not sure about that at all. EDS is ok but not good. Tretter has potential but that's all. Steen looks legit.

Round #3: Shane Skov, ILB Stanford. He's exactly what we need. Might have to spend the round 2 pick to get him.
Dropping 12+ draft slots and out of the 1st and probably a talent tier for an early 4th?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I doubt anyone would give them a early 2nd and early 3rd for the 21st pick. It's all dependent on Clinton-Dix or Calvin Pryor being there past round 1, which isn't a sure thing by any means.
Add an early 6th and I feel less like we're getting hosed. I'm just plain not comfortable with that distance. The top Safety will go in the 10-15 range and it's no stretch to say the other will go before we get a shot.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imo, Pryor> Clinton-Dix

That's what many are saying, and he's now projected to go in the mid-1st, which means that the Packers will probably have to stay put at 21 if they want Clinton-Dix. Unless his combine isn't good, HaHa would be a good pick for the Pack

Looking at ILB, Yawin Smallwood is looking more intriguing and might be a good 2nd rounder. Excellent run defender and athletic. Can cover the RBs and is a good blitzer. If he's for real, Clinton-Dix in round 1 (assuming Pryor is gone) and Smallwood in round 2 could plug 2 major holes in this defense.

With JFinley insisting he won't take a pay cut, I like CJ Fiedorwicz at TE in round 3 to go with Quarless. Fiedorwicz is a good blocker who looks solid all the way around.

Another guy I wouldn't mind seeing the Packers get in the 3rd would be OG Gabe Jackson if he lasts that long. Plug him in at guard and let Lang take over the C duties. EDS is average and our OL needs to get better.

Last edited:

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
That's what many are saying, and he's now projected to go in the mid-1st, which means that the Packers will probably have to stay put at 21 if they want Clinton-Dix. Unless his combine isn't good, HaHa would be a good pick for the Pack

Looking at ILB, Yawin Smallwood is looking more intriguing and might be a good 2nd rounder. Excellent run defender and athletic. Can cover the RBs and is a good blitzer. If he's for real, Clinton-Dix in round 1 (assuming Pryor is gone) and Smallwood in round 2 could plug 2 major holes in this defense.

With JFinley insisting he won't take a pay cut, I like CJ Fiedorwicz at TE in round 3 to go with Quarless. Fiedorwicz is a good blocker who looks solid all the way around.

Another guy I wouldn't mind seeing the Packers get in the 3rd would be OG Gabe Jackson if he lasts that long. Plug him in at guard and let Lang take over the C duties. EDS is average and our OL needs to get better.
I want to see Pryor run.
Smallwood yes plz.
Fetch me Fiedo.
Lang is a downgrade from EDS at Center. Keep Lang at RG. Does Jackson have the athleticism to play in our new blocking system?

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to see Pryor run.
Smallwood yes plz.
Fetch me Fiedo.
Lang is a downgrade from EDS at Center. Keep Lang at RG. Does Jackson have the athleticism to play in our new blocking system?

Jackson is said to have both size and athleticism and would work well in a ZBS. More explosiveness and physicality is what he lacks.

Then again, it might be better just to stick with EDS at center and see how JC Tretter develops. EDS certainly wasn't a liability, and with Bulaga, Bakhtiari, Sherrod and Barclay all competing for the RT and LT positions, you would think our OL would be pretty decent next year--not great, but decent.

Bakh/Sherrod + Lang + EDS + Sitton + Bulaga with Tretter and Barclay backing them up, maybe it's better not to mess with that.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts