Obama is wrong again!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course he will pick the Steelers. Which he should, they are owned by a friend of his. Not sure how you can rip him for that...

Wait... Sarah? Are you typing from Alaska while you keep an eye on Russia?

No need to turn this win political.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
09 I think it was that he nailed the NCAA championship in his bracket, picked the SB champs last year to win it, and the Steelers the year before. So I think he does have a little intuition.

Cant fault him for picking his favorite team today, anyone else would on here. In fact its nice to see a politician pick what he feels and wants instead of just to win votes.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Pennsylvania a swing state? Wisconsin is, so if Penn isn't he'll pick us.

No he is picking the Steelers, He made Rooney (the owner of the steelers) the ambassador to Ireland.

Cant fault him for going with a team he likes. Come on, if anyone on here was president would you root for the Bears in the SB? Doubtful, so dont expect him to. On top of that if your friend owned a team wouldnt you root for them if your team was out?

OP
OP
PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
09 I think it was that he nailed the NCAA championship in his bracket, picked the SB champs last year to win it, and the Steelers the year before. So I think he does have a little intuition.

Cant fault him for picking his favorite team today, anyone else would on here. In fact its nice to see a politician pick what he feels and wants instead of just to win votes.

I just give him crap about sports because he claims to be such a huge White Sox fan, but when asked about his favorite players from the early days he had nothing and used the "I've only been a fan since I moved to Chicago" as an excuse. As a Sox fan, I was offended :p

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
No he is picking the Steelers, He made Rooney (the owner of the steelers) the ambassador to Ireland.

Cant fault him for going with a team he likes. Come on, if anyone on here was president would you root for the Bears in the SB? Doubtful, so dont expect him to. On top of that if your friend owned a team wouldnt you root for them if your team was out?

Fair points.

I didn't have a problem with him picking Chicago anyways. He's from Illinois. Frankly, I'd have had more of a problem if he didn't pick Chicago.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just give him crap about sports because he claims to be such a huge White Sox fan, but when asked about his favorite players from the early days he had nothing and used the "I've only been a fan since I moved to Chicago" as an excuse. As a Sox fan, I was offended :p

wouldnt stuff like this make up for it?

President Barack Obama is at it again.

Yesterday the self-proclaimed Chicago White Sox fan went out of his way to attack the Chicago Cubs, the most lovable baseball team in the world. It all happened as he welcomed the world champion New York Yankees to the White House.

"Now, it's been nine years since your last title, which must have felt like an eternity for Yankees fans," Obama told the team. "I think other teams would be just fine with a spell like that. The Cubs, for example."

Really, Obama? Must you keep pouring it on?

I met Obama in 2004. He was running for Senate and already a rising star. I covered a trip he made to Milwaukee to raise money for Sen. Russ Feingold and the swing through central Illinois that followed.

During an interview, I insulted the White Sox and he came right back at me with a remark about the Cubs.

He hasn't let up since. In Iowa, where the Cubs have had a minor league presence for years, he boasted to a crowd that he was a White Sox fan. Who really cared?

In Dallas, he questioned my South Side credentials. The Democratic nominee for president wondered aloud how a guy who grew up in Englewood could cheer for the Cubs.

In Ohio, I asked him if he would invite the Cubs to the White House when they won the World Series? He mumbled that he would be long gone from the White House when the Cubs won it all.

The Cubs will win the World Series for the first time since 1908. Get your remarks ready, Mr. President.

Obama again attacks Cubs | Trail Blazers Blog | dallasnews.com

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I the only one that would find it amusing if he had to invite the Packers to the white house if they win the SB? awkward for a bears fan I would think.

OP
OP
PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
haha, great points Ivo. But still, look at it this way: say you give people jazz constantly for being Bears/Vikings fans and then one day someone says, "Hey, who's your favorite player from the Lombardi days?" You'd be able to name someone, right? Maybe it's just because of my high standards of fanaticism, but I feel like if you're going to champion a team to such an extent, you better know your sh*t.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
haha, great points Ivo. But still, look at it this way: say you give people jazz constantly for being Bears/Vikings fans and then one day someone says, "Hey, who's your favorite player from the Lombardi days?" You'd be able to name someone, right? Maybe it's just because of my high standards of fanaticism, but I feel like if you're going to champion a team to such an extent, you better know your sh*t.

I guess it would be nice if he could rattle off some players from the 60s. But the white soxs werent rattling off championships like the packers of the 60s either. I think it was what about as long as the cubs went until 05?

I am a big Badger football and Basketball fan and I dont think I could name one basketball player pre 90s, or more than 2 ftball players pre 90s either.

Staff online

Members online