Staff member
Reaction score
Come on Joe, you making me work!!

His post follows!

Joe's Lockerroom Blog

Just another WordPress.com weblog

O.T.S. March 4th 2010

leave a comment »
Today is March 4th, 2010, the eve of free agency for the NFL and a few days after the scouting combine. At the combine many rumors were floating around, and beleive it or not, the Packers were involved in a few of them.
RUMOR:

n.
A piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth.
Unverified information received from another; hearsay.

I heard that Steelers safety Ryan Clark is near the top of the Packers short list when it comes to free agency. He is a safety that has experience in the 3-4 scheme and a very underrated player. Henis also a perfect fit for the defense. Ted Thompson, as we all know, won’t over pay for a player, but at the right price Clark could be in play.

I was also told to “expect a normal free agency mode” by Ted Thompson. Which will make Packers fans upset, sicne he doens’t like to “set the bar” when it comes to free agents.

Because of the Rams low tender on him, keep an eye on safety Oshiomogho Atogwe. The Rams tendered him the lowest tender making him a restricted free agent who is limited only by a right of first refusal is not entitled to a one-year salary that equates to 110 percent of his 2009 pay.

The Packers talked to the Raiders briefly at the combine about a couple possible trade scenarios. Names that were discussed were Darren McFadden, Kirk Morrison, Thomas Howard and Nnamdi Asomugha. The asking price for Asomugha was pretty high I was told and talks didn’t get to far.

I was told that the Packers will not get involved in the Julius Peppers sweepstakes. His asking price is to high and the Packers will not meet his price ”requirements”.

Antonio Cromartie is available. The Packers have a “need” at conerback and it would seem that there would be a match there, right? Well I was told that his “off the filed activities” and work ethic have turned the Packers off. I’m not saying that a deal won’t happen, but it is unlikely.

With Antrel Rolle wanting a salary making more than $8 million a year, which is more than Ed Reed, don’t look for the Packers to get to involved, I was told.

The Packers are working hard to re-sign Chad Clifton and Mark Tauscher before free agency starts. They don’t want to lose either, and the two fixtures at each tackle spot for the Packers may be the best two tackles on the free agent market.

At the combine, the Packers and Nick Collins (agent) made some progress and think that a deal could be reached before training camp.

Keep this in mind when you read the list of players the Packers spoke with at the combine, they rarely speak to their first round targets at the combine. The normally target rounds 3-7 prospects there and speak to the first round targets at their pro days.

I heard that the Packers have spoke to the following players @ the combine:

Perrish Cox (CB/KR Oklahoma St.), Larry Asante (S, Nebraska), Dexter McCluster (RB/WR/KR Ole Miss), Bruce Campbell (OT, Maryland), O’Brien Schofield (OLB, Wisconsin), Golden Tate (RB, Notre Dame), Trindon Holliday (WR/KR, LSU), Matt Dodge (P, East Carolina), Ciron Black (OT, LSU), Zoltan Mesko (P, Michigan), Jared Veldheer (OT, Hillsdale), Nate Allen (S, Ohio St.), Tim Hiller (QB, W. Michigan), Danovan Warren (CB, Michigan), Mike Tepper (OT, Cal).

I heard Darren Colledge is hot. He is upset on two fronts. One because the Packers didn’t try to resign him to a long term deal during the season or off-season. Secondly becasue he was only tendered at a second rounder. He wants out of Green Bay.

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was from Colledge's facebook...

Daryn Colledge has been tendered by the Packers for next season. And unlike popular belief and what is written in the papers, I am very happy with the Packers offer, and if I'm back this season, I look forward to another playoff run and a shot at the title.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
This was from Colledge's facebook...

Daryn Colledge has been tendered by the Packers for next season. And unlike popular belief and what is written in the papers, I am very happy with the Packers offer, and if I'm back this season, I look forward to another playoff run and a shot at the title.

Daryn Colledge is a bad football player. He stinks.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
95% of the guys on the list of people the Packers spoke to at the combine are guys I have had pegged for us possibly getting in the draft. Thats a good thing........I think.