Nobody cares about the Packers

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed how little attention the Packers get in the national media? These past few weeks I've been looking for stories about the Packers and finding very little. I thought this win at Minnesota would get some people's attention, but no. As far as the national media are concerned, the Packers are rebuilding and Brett Favre is no good anymore. That's their story, and they're sticking to it.

But the Packers have a chance to get some respect on Sunday against the Patriots. A win gets the Pack to .500, and it would be their first win against one of the better teams in the league. I'm looking forward to this. It should be a good game.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. The Packers are below .500. Why would the national media care?
2. (And more important) The Packers are in Wisconsin, which has nothing to do with NY, PHI, or DAL, all of which ESPN is in love with.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Colin was singing there praises this morning on the Herd! Who expected them to win this many games, Brett was so impressive... And on and on...

Vegas opens them up as 6 point underdogs..

RP

Well, good for Colin! I like his show except for his Favre-bashing, which becomes tiresome. Hopefully he is sincere and isn't just going to use this praise as a stick to beat them with if they lose to the Patriots.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was how it was with my St. Louis Cardinals this year, and they won the WS. So I would look for the Pack to make a repeat of '96.

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Raider Pride said:
Colin was singing there praises this morning on the Herd! Who expected them to win this many games, Brett was so impressive... And on and on...

Vegas opens them up as 6 point underdogs..

RP

Well, good for Colin! I like his show except for his Favre-bashing, which becomes tiresome. Hopefully he is sincere and isn't just going to use this praise as a stick to beat them with if they lose to the Patriots.

On the rare occasions when Colin isn't bashing Favre it's because he's too busy drooling on Tom Brady's sack. I'd love to see Brady throw a couple picks against us (wishful thinking) to shut Colin the hell up.

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
The Pack almost got airtime on ESPN. On Around the Horn, the final topic in showdown was enttled "Packers" so they were going to talk about the Pack, but if you have ever watched ATH, in showdown if someone wins the first two rounds most times Tony Reali will end the game their and give it to the person who won the first two which he did today therefore never getting to the Packers.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard a brief talk by jaws about favre, and he said hes havinf fun again and playing like he should. And hes getting help from Driver and green again. Jaws is the man. WOOT!

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My Patriot/Viking fan called me and I told him how great the 80 yard TD pass was, and after watching 2 hours of sportscenter he didn't know what I was talking about.

Theres no attention there (he said he didn't see any highlights of the game)

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok buddy. We are a game under .500 Not going to get coverage. We didnt get coverage when we were winning our division. we sure as hell arnt now!

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, i did hear alittle about the packers on tv(fox sports pregame show) when they where 3-4 and where expected to be .500.

if we win next week im sure we will get alot of attention.

BlueMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe our receivers need to learn new celebration dances. That's pretty much guaranteed to get media attention these days.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad no one cares about the Packers now days. Favre seems to be having more fun riding under the radar and the team does well in the underdog role.

I hope that it continues and we don't have to listen to the same tired crap from the national media -- Favre should retire, he's holding the team hostage. This is a young team that should play for draft position. Give Rodgers a chance. Favre's only playing for the records. blah blah, etc...

It's all the same boring, inaccurate crap from the national media, so let them continue to spew the junk about someone else. It doesn't mean anything on the football field anyway, which is where the respect should be earned.

GO PACK GO!!!

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For whatever it's worth, Vic Carucci has the Pack upgraded to 'middle of the pack' from 'need work'in his power poll

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rather not be noticed. As BlueMoose said the only teams that get this extra attention are the teams with the idiots like TO

BlueMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The real bummer is not being able to watch any Packers games here in MS.

Because of the Favre connection, the local stations generally provide generous dose of GB games. This year the local Fox affiliate didn't even carry the Pack/Vikings game, although it had by the most local interest of the 3 games available to them. Oh well. Gotta win some games to get the airplay.

TM

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A true example of how the media manipulates the hype. At this point there is not much of a story line at 4-5. Had we not give away two games and were 6-3 right now we would be the media darlings of the NFL like the Saints.

Teams not doing good that were projected to do better and those projected to do nothing that are winning get all the press. The teams like us in the middle of the road get next to nothing.

We win the next couple of games and the media will be comparing us to the first Packers SB team. We beat NE and we will go from ranked close to dead last at the beginning of the season to the top 15 and rising. It amazes me how fast they jump on and off a ship.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
I'm glad no one cares about the Packers now days. Favre seems to be having more fun riding under the radar and the team does well in the underdog role.

I hope that it continues and we don't have to listen to the same tired crap from the national media -- Favre should retire, he's holding the team hostage. This is a young team that should play for draft position. Give Rodgers a chance. Favre's only playing for the records. blah blah, etc...

It's all the same boring, inaccurate crap from the national media, so let them continue to spew the junk about someone else. It doesn't mean anything on the football field anyway, which is where the respect should be earned.

GO PACK GO!!!

Yeah, what Bobby said.

Packerbacker04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard a brief talk by jaws about favre, and he said hes havinf fun again and playing like he should. And hes getting help from Driver and green again. Jaws is the man. WOOT!

Yeah I seen that on ESPN yesterday but other than that all they have been talking about is the bengals chargers game and the bears.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL Networks gives every team good attention. Talked about the job McCarthy is doing with the team and Favre. Talked about the Packers still in the playoff hunt and that Rodgers will have to wait because of the play Favre and the Packers. NFL Network is where it's at.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL Networks gives every team good attention. Talked about the job McCarthy is doing with the team and Favre. Talked about the Packers still in the playoff hunt and that Rodgers will have to wait because of the play Favre and the Packers. NFL Network is where it's at.

Well, it's good to hear that at least a few people are taking notice. I guess it's kind of fun, in a way, to fly beneath the radar, but it does irritate me sometimes. I can watch ESPN for an hour without seeing any Packer highlights, but they'll show repeat highlights of the Redskins or some other team that's worse than the Packers, not to mention all the T.O. stuff and other nonsense.

As for that Chargers-Bengals game: Did ANYBODY play defense? We get mad when our team blows one coverage in a game, as they've done in each of the last two weeks, but here is a supposedly good team, the Chargers, letting Chad Johnson run completely free, over and over again in the same game. At least it helps put things in perspective.

Members online

Latest posts