1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

No practice til next week?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by IronMan, Oct 7, 2009.

1. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Insiders Blog | greenbaypressgazette.com | Green Bay Press-Gazette

Um, why? Don't we have a few issues to fix. Like, uh, giving up 20. Sacks. In. 4. Games?

Really? Seriously?

2. Agent_Nothing

Agent_Nothing Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with you. If it's during season, you should be practicing every day that you're physically able to! Especially our defense and OLine. Maybe it's because we're up against the Lions next? LOL

3. mike bat

mike bat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    this is why i say MM is soft ... come on were 2-2 at week 4 and we have nothing to work on ... we really need a coach that will get these guys on track ... why not rest the injured and work the back ups and uninjured ???? why ?? i agree 100 ironman

4. GoPackGo!

GoPackGo! Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would say no practice if the Pack were 4-0 but guess what...their not! OL obviously needs to learn to push a big fat guy back when he's charging at you. I agree OL is soft and needs A LOT of work. So does the defensive pass rush and secondary.

5. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    I don't think it's a big deal. A bye week is mostly for getting people healthy. The last thing we'd need is for Aaron to tear a knee in week 12 because he hasn't had a week off since June.

6. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    Our Oline would be better if they even GOT in the way of those big fat guys. Seriously, sometimes i wonder if they forgot they were playing football some plays.

7. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I'm tired of players not being accounted for their mistakes and getting free-passes. Just frikin tired. We allways have more penalties than the other team, and we finished 31st in penalties last season.

MM is too soft to get things done. Practice free week? They should be running up and down the stands! One lap for every dumb move you made! Of cousre, the OL would be 120lbs average by the time they're done.

8. MilwaukeePackFan

MilwaukeePackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I Agree Guys....Yes They Do Need 2 Rest But They Can Rest When There Back In There Million Dollar Houses At Night. This Team Looks Nothing Like I Seen In Preseason. They Need Alot Of Work And Practice. MM Gave Them Off? Maybe This Is Right Where He Wants 2 Be But Me Im Pissed. I Say Everyday They Run From Green Bay 2 Milwaukee And Back 2 Say 2 Them U Guys Are Not Playing Up To Par. I Bet Mike Holmgren Would Not Give Them Off An Entire Week After Playing Like This Or Alot Of Coaches For That Matter. I Cant Believe It. Who Cares If There Tired They Look Tired At 4 Weeks In.

9. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,485
    I agree, but who is to say they are not being punished?

Word would get out if they were, but it is still possible

10. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Leading the league in drops, near the top in penalties AGAIN, can't protect the quarterback, can't sack the opposing qb, constant mental errors, and they get the week off?

Yeah, that will teach em!

11. realoatesman

realoatesman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes they do need practice, but they also need time off to rest and get their stuff together. Also these people have families and I'm sure it's nice to get some time off from football to spend time with them. People like Woodson definitely deserve some time off.

12. SCpackerfan

SCpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    Yea hes about the only one that deserves ANY time off

13. Agent_Nothing

Agent_Nothing Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The problem is their heads will most likely NOT be on the game. Hell, make em all watch tape of their screwups! "Day in and day out, here is You screwing up. And then here you..." On instant replay with slow motion and everything. Maybe that would sink in? Anything is better than a week off for poor play.

14. mike bat

mike bat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

^^ i agree with part of this ... 1 watching tape is good ,, but you have to get them on the field ...
    other than that a good coach would do bolth of these things ^^ ... but not MM , no guys you go rest and think about how you stunk it up on monday night ... its bad coaching all the way .. everyone knows a soft coach will produce a soft player ... MM is soft as they come ... we need a coach that will bust some ballz ... a coach that will make these guys want it ...

15. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    We will be lucky to beat the Lions.

16. mike bat

mike bat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    i think the pack will win that game ... But i believe it will be a hard faught battle ... the question here is ,, will the lions be able to rush Rodgers ??? im not sure ,, i never spent too much time watching the lions ... if the lions are able to put the preasure on rodgers then they may win ...

17. paco

paco Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    This is common practice for teams during byes. I'd rather see the team get healthy as a whole. Bigby, Jennings, Jackson, Raji, Collins, Martin, Colledge, Clifton, Jenkins are the guys I can think of off the top of my head with injuries or things nagging them. I'm sure Rodgers needs a rest and many others as well.

Let them relax, then hit it hard on Sunday or Monday.

18. mike bat

mike bat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    i agree with injured players getting a break ,,, however just because they are injured doesnt mean they cant watch tape and do more book work ... the others that arent injured ,, they should be on the field ...