Nnamdi Asomugha to Eagles *updated*

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't know how much rookies will contribute this year, with no OTAs and Minicamp...

This. I would be less worried about James Jones leaving if Cobb had a full offseason of learning the system. Cobb definitely has the talent, but he might not be able to make an early impact now like we'd like him to.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But I tell you something about this Eagles. We better have Finley flying high by the time we play them, because we're gonna need to focus on the TE A LOT.

2 TE sets and a steady dose of Ryan Grant.

Actually, F it, lets challenge them, and see if they can beat our WRs and future HOF QB. yeah I said it. Bring it on.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nmandi will hypothetically shut down Jennings. But DRC and Asante aren't nearly as good at covering. Ballhawks yes, but covering no. Then they have to worry about Finley...

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm never going to hear the end of this over here in Philly. People are already talking SB. It's a big for them. He's certainly going to help them out tremendously on D and they need his help. The problem with the Eagles and this has been ongoing for years, is their secondary. It has a rather deep and unpleasant history of injuries. The Eagles entire team has a history of injuries. By the time they meet us in the playoffs (if they do at all), it's not going to be the same team you are looking at now. We may have our share of injuries too, but I'm not worried that much about us and the Eagles. Our offensive line is solid and with Finley back, borderline unstoppable. The teams that do have to worry about Nnamdi and the Eagles are the teams in their division (NFC East). The teams that have to play them the most. If I were Dallas or even the Giants, I'd be worried. But the Packers, we got it!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm never going to hear the end of this over here in Philly. People are already talking SB. It's a big for them. He's certainly going to help them out tremendously on D and they need his help. The problem with the Eagles and this has been ongoing for years, is their secondary. It has a rather deep and unpleasant history of injuries. The Eagles entire team has a history of injuries. By the time they meet us in the playoffs (if they do at all), it's not going to be the same team you are looking at now. We may have our share of injuries too, but I'm not worried that much about us and the Eagles. Our offensive line is solid and with Finley back, borderline unstoppable. The teams that do have to worry about Nnamdi and the Eagles are the teams in their division (NFC East). The teams that have to play them the most. If I were Dallas or even the Giants, I'd be worried. But the Packers, we got it!

I would just say "you sound like jet fans last season, and Redskin fans years before."

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nmandi will hypothetically shut down Jennings. But DRC and Asante aren't nearly as good at covering. Ballhawks yes, but covering no. Then they have to worry about Finley...

I'm thinking they might try to do something fancy and shadow Finley with Asomugha while one of their linebackers tries to contain him from within 10 yards. DRC and Samuel would then be used on Driver and Nelson.

I use Asomugha in that instance because he is pretty big (6'2 210 I believe) he'd be more reliable covering him deep than a safety since he'd have more speed and talent.

Still wouldn't account for Driver though. That'd be using a lot of resources too and would open up Ryan Grant and/or James Starks. That's if everyone is 100% though.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
The Eagles won't win the Super Bowl. The fact of the matter is they still have a LOT of holes on defense. My guess is Asante Samuel will be traded. Vick is incapable of winning a super bowl because of the way he plays.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Samuel isnt in camp. they are trying to trade him. basically upgraded samuels for scrabble for an extra 5 mil

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles won't win the Super Bowl. The fact of the matter is they still have a LOT of holes on defense. My guess is Asante Samuel will be traded. Vick is incapable of winning a super bowl because of the way he plays.
at what holes may that be?

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Secondary..? Secondary?! Big woopty doo!

You guys forget we ran up their a** at will. Not to mention our theoretically improved O-Line plus a much improved running game compared to last season will have them crying.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
at what holes may that be?

Babin is a nice addition but still not impressed with their D-Line or their linebackers. Quintin Mikell is a solid strong safety, but they are very weak at free safety. Babin and Nnamdi are great updates.....but I would much rather have Samuel than Rodgers-Cromartie.

What....are you some kind of Eagles fan?

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jenkins strong suit wasn't run D, anyway.

However, Jim Washburn is a very good DL coach that they hired this off-season. You might be surprised by the progression of some of their linemen.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Their backup, V. Young, is capable. Very different style from Vick. That could be a tough tandem to gameplan for.

I'm not on board with that line of thinking. Never been impressed by either guy. Flashes of brilliance punctuated with mediocrity. I suppose all it takes is one guy to get hot at the end of the season, a la Eli Manning, but with the way those guys play, I think they get fatigued towards the end of the year. Their accuracy in the pocket suffers and ultimately they make bad decisions down the field. Look at Vick towards the end of the season and the playoffs last year. Couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. I think taking all those hits and running downfield wears on him. We will beat them in the playoffs if it comes to that. No worries.

This is going to be a very exciting season of football. I haven't been this excited for football in a very long time. BRING THE BACON HOME TO OLD GREEN BAY!!!

GO PACK!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never seen any game of Vince Young and though that he was a competent QB. Far from it. Strict one read go guy. He cannot make 3 progressions. He'll stare at his primary guy, if it's not there, he'll look at the TE, if it's not there, he'll run. And very often he won't recognize if he's being played by the CB or S, and will force stupid balls. Not to mention he doesn't have a big arm and isn't very accurate.

And all of this while playing 8 man in the box because of CJ2K. LeSean McCoy is a very good RB but he'll never draw 8 in the box.

There's no comparison between him and Vick. Even by the time Vick was innacurate and lazy, he always had a cannon for an arm, could fit the ball anywhere, and he's much, much faster than Young by feet.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Asomugha is the only "shut-down" corner they have, neither of the other 2 can contain our WRs for long. Though I'd have to guess Jennings won't have many catches that day. Their LB aren't that strong either so if Starks or Grant can get past the DL, we'd run down their necks all day long. Our OL just got younger and stronger so there's a lot of upside.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I listened to sports radio the other day and the guys on the radio didnt sound very impressed when Nnamdi, as they looked up his stats and mentioned how few INTs he has had the past 3 years. "So he isnt that great" one said. I wanted to bang my head against the steering wheel

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
We have too many weapons in our passing game for any secondary to be able to contain us. We will still win the Super Bowl. I promise.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I listened to sports radio the other day and the guys on the radio didnt sound very impressed when Nnamdi, as they looked up his stats and mentioned how few INTs he has had the past 3 years. "So he isnt that great" one said. I wanted to bang my head against the steering wheel
Please name the culprits so I know which idiots said that. Stupid, stupid media...
You wanna crown em? Crown em!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYKIcnj1MJY]‪Dennis Green After Da Bears Loss‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BIG 1070 in madison. Clearly dont watch football like we do. or understand it for that matter.

RS, did you see ESPN is trying to do a new QB rating? Scary to think Dilfer has something to do with it. I guess he was the basis for a 0, lol jk

Members online

Latest posts