NFL Playoffs Prediction Contest-Divisional Round

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P
All are welcome to play, everyone starts from zero for the playoff edition!!
If you guess the correct individual team score, regardless of correct winner: 5 points each
Each game you pick the correct winner of: 15 points
If you pick correctly on at least half the games scheduled for the week: 50 points
If you pick correctly on at least 75% (Division Round) of the games: 75 points
If you nail it on all the games: 150 points ** Only applies towards Divisional Round Games
If you guess both the correct winner and score of any game: 125 bonus points tacked on for each correct score.

-- Wildcard Weekend Score --- Total Score
@EastCanadaCheezyDude -- 150 ---- 150
@El Guapo -- 150 --------------------- 150
@Pokerbrat2000 -- 150 -------------- 150
@Albert Park -- 105--------------------105
@buggybill2003 -- 105 --------------- 105
@Voyageur -- 105 -------------------- 105
@G0P4ckG0 -- 100 ------------------- 100
@lambeaulambo -- 100 -------------- 100
@Mondio -- 100 -----------------------100
@Pkrjones -- 100 -------------------- 100
@Poppa San -- 80 --------------------- 80
@TEXPAC2 -- 80 ---------------------- 80
@Budman -- 50 ----------------------- 50
@OldSchool101 -- 50 ----------------- 50

4 Games this week! Template for your use below.

Divisional Round
Cincinnati @ Tennessee
San Fran 49’ers @ Green Bay
LA Rams @ Tampa Bay
Buffalo @ Kansas City
Divisional Round
Cincinnati @ Tennessee
LA Rams @ Tampa Bay
Buffalo @ Kansas City
All are welcome to play, everyone starts from zero for the playoff edition!!
If you guess the correct individual team score, regardless of correct winner: 5 points each
Each game you pick the correct winner of: 15 points
If you pick correctly on at least half the games scheduled for the week: 50 points
If you pick correctly on at least 75% (Division Round) of the games: 75 points
If you nail it on all the games: 150 points ** Only applies towards Divisional Round Games
If you guess both the correct winner and score of any game: 125 bonus points tacked on for each correct score.

-- Wildcard Weekend Score --- Total Score
@EastCanadaCheezyDude -- 150 ---- 150
@El Guapo -- 150 --------------------- 150
@Pokerbrat2000 -- 150 -------------- 150
@Albert Park -- 105--------------------105
@buggybill2003 -- 105 --------------- 105
@Voyageur -- 105 -------------------- 105
@G0P4ckG0 -- 100 ------------------- 100
@lambeaulambo -- 100 -------------- 100
@Mondio -- 100 -----------------------100
@Pkrjones -- 100 -------------------- 100
@Poppa San -- 80 --------------------- 80
@TEXPAC2 -- 80 ---------------------- 80
@Budman -- 50 ----------------------- 50
@OldSchool101 -- 50 ----------------- 50

4 Games this week! Template for your use below.

Divisional Round
Cincinnati @ Tennessee
LA Rams @ Tampa Bay
Buffalo @ Kansas City
Divisional Round
Cincinnati 23 @ Tennessee 24
San Fran 49’ers 20 @ Green Bay 27
LA Rams 27 @ Tampa Bay 30
Buffalo 31
@ Kansas City 23

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Omg, I'm an engineer and you just broke my brain with that formula!! ;) . I think we'll have separation by the time this ends with an exact hit or 2, as well as the bonus 5 points on correct score by a team. If 2 players do end up tied they get co-bragging rights for 8 entire months!!! :) .
Points differential sounds like a fair way to resolve ties. It isn't too complicated, at least not until Voyageur explained it, and broke the "Flatlander's" brain.:confused::D

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Points differential sounds like a fair way to resolve ties. It isn't too complicated, at least not until Voyageur explained it, and broke the "Flatlander's" brain.:confused::D
Then I accomplished my goal. Some people are analytical, others are inspirational, I tend to want to be a pain in the ****! ;)

OP
OP
Pkrjones

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow!! As good as we all were in Wildcard Weekend... we fell a bit short this week! :) Only 4 got 1/2 correct, and only 3 received the 5 bonus points for a correct team score. Good luck this week!

-- Divisional Weekend Score --- Total Score
@El Guapo -- 50 ---------------------- 200
@Pokerbrat2000 -- 50 --------------- 200
@Voyageur -- 50 --------------------- 155
@EastCanadaCheezyDude -- 0 ------ 150
@Poppa San -- 50 ------------------- 130
@buggybill2003 -- 15 --------------- 120
@Pkrjones -- 20 --------------------- 120
@Albert Park -- 0 ---------------------105
@Mondio -- 5 -------------------------105
@G0P4ckG0 -- 0 --------------------- 100
@lambeaulambo -- 0 ---------------- 100
@TEXPAC2 -- 0 ----------------------- 80
@OldSchool101 -- 20 ---------------- 70
@Budman -- 15 ---------------------- 65
@gonzozab -- 15 --------------------- 15

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Besides the Packers loss, this was one of THE most entertaining weekends of Football I have seen. That Bills-Chiefs game was one for the ages.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I only started paying attention halfway through the 4th.
It was a great game from start to finish, but once again proved (at least to me) that the NFL overtime rules flat out suck. There were 25 points scored in the final 1:50 something of the game. What does that mean? The defenses were just gassed! So once again, the team that won the coin flip, won the game, without the other team touching the ball. Really felt bad for Allen and the Bills.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Steffon Diggs made a great tackle during the game....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's all sudden death at some point. Just make some rules and play by them.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steffon Diggs made a great tackle during the game....

I'm waiting for a linebacker to lower the boom on someone. Funny how the networks as a policy try not to show fans on the field, but radio announcers are renowned for their descriptions.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm waiting for a linebacker to lower the boom on someone. Funny how the networks as a policy try not to show fans on the field, but radio announcers are renowned for their descriptions.
The Kevin Harlan call was one of the best!

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a great game from start to finish, but once again proved (at least to me) that the NFL overtime rules flat out suck. There were 25 points scored in the final 1:50 something of the game. What does that mean? The defenses were just gassed! So once again, the team that won the coin flip, won the game, without the other team touching the ball. Really felt bad for Allen and the Bills.
True, when offences are running wild as they were in the Buffalo KC game. I had definitely thought that Buffalo's offence deserved a kick at the can to retie the game.

With the NFL and the networks rigidly setting there playoff game times, and limiting the overtime period to 10 minutes they may well be cheating themselves out of increasing viewership and revenues. God forbid, they wouldn't want to do that. Extending the equal opportunity for Buffalo to score is what the fans want to see, as it is the fair thing to do, and it provides the fans with the best entertainment product.

The current OT rules may be OK for regular season games, but I believe the fans and teams deserve something that is more fair for playoff games. It will benefit all stakeholders the most.

The Kevin Harlan call was one of the best!

Too bad that the NFL cannot improve it's infield interloper product to this level. Quality seems to be better on the soccer pitch.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
With the NFL and the networks rigidly setting there playoff game times, and limiting the overtime period to 10 minutes they may well be cheating themselves out of increasing viewership and revenues.
Well that works for the regular season games, but for the playoffs, its 15 minute quarters of Sudden death. So if no team scores, could go all night.

I am not a huge fan of the college OT rules, but would rather do it that way than the current NFL format.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m fine with the rules. The game has been played, time to find a winner. So they give the bills another chance and they score a TD, still tied now what? NOW it’s sudden death? Someone is still going to win and it’s just as likely as not that someone ends up with an uneven amount of possessions. Big deal. Keep someone from scoring in 13 seconds, game over. I don’t see any need to reward that.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m fine with the rules. The game has been played, time to find a winner. So they give the bills another chance and they score a TD, still tied now what? NOW it’s sudden death? Someone is still going to win and it’s just as likely as not that someone ends up with an uneven amount of possessions. Big deal. Keep someone from scoring in 13 seconds, game over. I don’t see any need to reward that.
Yep. As far as I'm concerned, no regular season overtime necessary. Both teams had 60 minutes to score more points than their opponent, so if they don't want a tie they should have played better all game.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
so if they don't want a tie they should have played better all game.
LOL....did you see the last like minute and 50 seconds of the 4th Q?

They were trying all right. Problem was, I think both defenses were totally gassed and whatever team won the coin toss, it didn't take much to score a TD. Reminded me of that great come from behind the Packers had with the Cardinals.

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well that works for the regular season games, but for the playoffs, its 15 minute quarters of Sudden death. So if no team scores, could go all night.

I am not a huge fan of the college OT rules, but would rather do it that way than the current NFL format.
It is rare to have a 15:00 minute quarter to continue without a score. My suggestion is that each team should have a ball possession in a playoff overtime game. In the event of a still tied game after 15:00 of OT, then I believe that a variation or adoption of the college method could determine the outcome as a 6th quarter.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It is rare to have a 15:00 minute quarter to continue without a score. My suggestion is that each team should have a ball possession in a playoff overtime game. In the event of a still tied game after 15:00 of OT, then I believe that a variation or adoption of the college method could determine the outcome as a 6th quarter.
I would be fine with just saying that if the first team with the ball kicks a FG or TD, the 2nd team has one possession to win by scoring more, tie it up or game over. Pretty simple IMO. I can't imagine if Baseball went to a system where they flip a coin and first team up wins if they score 2 or more runs. I do like the new rule in baseball for extra innings. Putting a guy on 2nd to start the inning, has sped EI games up considerably.

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be fine with just saying that if the first team with the ball kicks a FG or TD, the 2nd team has one possession to win by scoring more, tie it up or game over. Pretty simple IMO. I can't imagine if Baseball went to a system where they flip a coin and first team up wins if they score 2 or more runs. I do like the new rule in baseball for extra innings. Putting a guy on 2nd to start the inning, has sped EI games up considerably.
Sounds good to me. Yes, it is still sudden death after 1 possession each, in my fantasy model. I figured a game as good as the Chiefs Bills game should not have ended without one of the teams having the chance to score in overtime.

Perhaps, getting rid of the coin toss is the way to go. KC was the last team to have the ball in regulation time, so Buffalo will receive the first OT kick then KC gets it's opportunity?

The referee even said at the start of overtime coin toss that this was a new football game. A shame then, that in that game only the Chiefs were allowed to possess the ball.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts